Excuse me. Priv or Passport

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-06-16 07:11 AM
    My opinion:

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/02/...-priv-and-bbm/

Kurt

03-06-16 11:05 PM
    Hey I have a BlackBerry Passport and am considering the Priv eventually but I've heard many pre 30 or 60 day reports of build quality regarding the screen wiggling , heat issue (very hot), poor camera picture quality front and back and battery drain too quickly. If anyone can update me on if any of these issues persist still I would greatly appreciate the feedback.

Posted via CB10
    I have only had my Priv for two days; here are what I have to say as of now:

1. Screen wiggling. I would hardly call it a wiggle but if I intentionally push the lower left or right corner in while the keyboard is extended, then yeah, it will move ever so slightly.

2. Heat issue. My Priv so far has been way cooler than my Z10. I don't watch YouTube vids or play many games (and the games I do play are like BADLANDS or R-Type), but I also did not on the Z10, either. Yet the Z10 still got toasty. By comparison, the Priv is an ice cube.

3. Camera. The rear camera is really good in my opinion. Then once again I am coming from the Z10. I have an 8 year old 8MP point-and-shooter that I think takes better pictures but hey, that thing was designed to do that one task and that one task only. I use editing software anyways, including for pics taken on the Z10. As I always say: a camera is only as good as the person taking the picture.

I have only taken one picture with the front facer so far and the quality was decent for a 2MP shooter.

4. Battery drain. My phone has been off the charger since ~8pm Saturday night and is currently at 27%. The time now is 12:22 AM EST.

5. Misc. I do have the screen "creek", though. It's weird because it is only in the lower-center of the screen. It's not too bad and to be honest it is only noticeable if I intentionally put pressure on the screen. Perhaps it would be more noticeable with games, and I am not sure what this says about the build quality, but honestly it is not noticeable unless I want to notice it.

I also do not have the soft back cover.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    03-06-16 11:35 PM
    I also do not have the soft back cover.
    There's a hard cover back version?
    03-07-16 12:10 AM
    I too have to screen clicking issue and after a few weeks it's to the point something needs to be done with it ,how can I find out the production date of the phone, assuming that the first few batches are the one's they had this issue with and then shortly after had corrected it, can some one comment on weather or not BlackBerry had addressed this .

Production date and plant #, (or line #) are on the box, I don't think you can find it anywhere else.
    03-07-16 08:25 AM
    I got my priv from T-Mobile about a week and a half ago and already am on my second one!! I have used a z10 and android xperia z3 for the past 3 years, and was stoked to get the priv! It feels like a quality build and I've never had the clicking/wiggling issue. However, I will be taking it right back to T-Mobile this Friday if I don't see any improvement in a few areas.
    The Battery
    I am used to using my phone for texting heavily, slight social media and the Bluetooth always on for my fitbit and the Uconnect system in my Challenger for music. My battery on both devices would get me through the day 12- 13 hours for sure. The Z3 (an ANDROID) could do that and still have a 77% percent battery life!! The Z10 maybe a 30%. This PRIV barely makes it to lunch time and the first one would be dead by the third hour it's off the charger! It seriously died on me while it was in my pocket! I have tried all the little tips and tricks in these forums as well and I'm getting no where with this battery life!

The Heat
    YES! It heats up like crazy for me. I heard some apps make it do that, but let's be realistic here all phones get warm to a certain degree. The first priv actually burned my face when I tried to make a call! The second one gets pretty damn warm when I'm watching a video or it's updating. Supposedly, this is supposed to even out after about 2 weeks of having the phone, but I don't want to be stuck with this phone for a year before I am able to switch out so as I said Friday is D-day for this phone.
    The Hub
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVED Z10's HUB!! This one not so much. It's like a generic off brand that I just don't like! Maybe I'm afraid of change or maybe I'm just used to the other one, but the priv hub is a freakin' joke. I can't tell you how disappointing it is for me expecting it to be as awesome as the bb10 platform.
    The Screen
    I do love having a physical keyboard again! BUT it makes the screen unresponsive sometimes. It's like the phone didn't register that I need to use the keyboard once I slip the screen up, maybe it's thinking lol The screen is a bit laggy and doesn't always register that I have slid the screen up or down. My text doesn't even always show up once I'm typing. It also doesn't always 'wake to tap' either; maybe 40% of the time will wake up for me.

Over all it was a awesome idea, but either I've gotten two lemons in a row or they need to fix some bugs! I would advise you to wait a little longer and let them iron out all the optimization issues with the battery and little quirks we've all mentioned. I thought for sure I'd be #teambb again, but not yet!
    03-07-16 11:17 AM
    Download GSam battery app and uninstall Facebook.
    There is another app called Carrot it seems to be deadly accurate but has flaws I'd use it one time and uninstall it.
    Many apps you guys can do without to get the best battery life you need to sacrifice sometimes.

03-07-16 11:50 AM
    Hey I have a BlackBerry Passport and am considering the Priv eventually but I've heard many pre 30 or 60 day reports of build quality regarding the screen wiggling , heat issue (very hot), poor camera picture quality front and back and battery drain too quickly. If anyone can update me on if any of these issues persist still I would greatly appreciate the feedback.

Posted via CB10
    Compared to Passport, Priv quality is crap. Clicky screen and back. Now the sides click too. Heating issues remain and battery drains fast.
    03-07-16 08:58 PM
    Priv vs Passport... Typing on the Passport gets old real fast.
    Typing on the Priv much easier.
    Battery life... Priv vs Passport
    Equal in some ways depending on use etc.
    Quality... Passport very sturdy.
    I had told lift some weight off my belt make some space and so I ditched my Passport for an HTC and I kept my Priv in other words I have two phones Priv and HTC at all times.
    Passport makes watching videos like watching TV.
    HTC has two speakers as well I miss the huge screen but something had to give but I wanted my two speakers and so sadly I had to put my Passport in the drawer.
    Passports vs Priv got to give it to the Priv because it is better overall compared to the lacking apps Passport but to each his own bro.

03-07-16 09:24 PM
    Compared to Passport, Priv quality is crap. Clicky screen and back. Now the sides click too. Heating issues remain and battery drains fast.
    How long have you had the phone?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 08:14 AM
    How long have you had the phone?

Posted via CB10
    Since January
    thekidshop likes this.
    03-09-16 10:04 AM
    Verizon PRIV here. Mine "clicks" on the top right and bottom left. Just feels like the slider is a little loose. Still deciding if this is acceptably since it's a slider, or if I want to take a shot on a new device.

03-09-16 10:57 AM
    I have the build issues on my priv left side issue left side screen tapping and the back problem but it does not bother me as I don't really notice it just the odd time so not a problem for me also have to expect some give and take from a slider phone. These issues have not put me off this amazing phone.

03-09-16 12:08 PM
    I think my usb port is not anchored solidly. When a cable is in, I can wiggle it a bit side-to-side. And without wifi-sharing, I will be using the cable more than I did on my Z30.
    03-09-16 02:10 PM
    I am going to try this one more time!!!
    The click issue can be fixed by removing the body protection and wrapping tape around the bottom of the bar that crosses the screen. It will follow the bar making sure you place the tape on the bar that will extend across from the comma to the period and it will stick on the complete bar like paint about 2-3 wraps arounds and that's it place the shell back on the phone and the click will disappear.
    I don't know how to make a video yet but as soon as I find out how I'll post it, sorry but I'm going through a crisis right now and as soon as I deal with it I'll get back to you guy.
    The click issue is not that bad, trust me it's not!
    I don't know how to explain it any better.

nick13b likes this.
    03-09-16 07:35 PM
    I think my usb port is not anchored solidly. When a cable is in, I can wiggle it a bit side-to-side. And without wifi-sharing, I will be using the cable more than I did on my Z30.
    I've found different cables to fit differently and had nothing to do with the ports.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-19-16 05:45 PM
    The Hub
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVED Z10's HUB!! This one not so much. It's like a generic off brand that I just don't like! Maybe I'm afraid of change or maybe I'm just used to the other one, but the priv hub is a freakin' joke. I can't tell you how disappointing it is for me expecting it to be as awesome as the bb10 platform.
    Can you go in to more detail about why it is so much worse than the BB10 hub? I mean besides not being able to peak/swipe to the right to get to it. I am coming from the Passport...my Priv is on the way, and having the Hub and BlackBerry calendar was a big reason why I went with the Priv.

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 08:15 PM
    I find the build quality excellent.

No matter the device, you'll always hear about problems: see Passport screen lift "fiasco".

Main camera is outstanding and has been independently verified as such. I've never had heat issues, clicking, or wiggling.

No issues with battery. Gives me a full day.

If you buy one, and don't like it, you can return it. No one can judge better than yourself.
    I concur. Just got mine yesterday. Have had no problems with any of the clicking, heating or battery. Have had it off the charger for 24 hours. Minimal use until the last couple of hours. Updated many apps and downloaded a few and just generally playing with it. Still have 36% left on battery.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    03-19-16 08:16 PM
    No peak/swipe, poor SMS integration, (Yaata does pretty good). Other than that it works great.
    Course I keep all the social stuff off the Hub, if you try to put FaceBook, Whatsapp, twitter and the other junk on there, your mileage may vary.
    03-19-16 09:40 PM
    Just wrapped up my first full day with my Priv.

Left at 745 this morning and it's almost 11pm. I'm at 52% battery. That is better than my Z30 for sure. :-)

Quality wise, phone is rock solid and with all the upgrades runs very well. No lags or stutters. Just have to get used to Android.

Highly recommend this phone. Absolutely no regrets.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    FF22 and fanisk like this.
    03-19-16 09:45 PM
    Just wrapped up my first full day with my Priv.

Left at 745 this morning and it's almost 11pm. I'm at 52% battery. That is better than my Z30 for sure. :-)

Quality wise, phone is rock solid and with all the upgrades runs very well. No lags or stutters. Just have to get used to Android.

Highly recommend this phone. Absolutely no regrets.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    are you having build quality issues? and enjoying the loud camera shutter? lol
    03-19-16 10:07 PM
    I think you are talking about the screen click issue? That's not a huge problem I put a link up to fix it with a BlackBerry shell.

03-24-16 02:24 PM
47 12