I just realized that the left side of my screen when the phone is close clicks when I type on it it seems lose as the right side doesn't seem to have this issue. When the phone is open there is no clicking nose but the screen has some play to it I am able to push to the right when I do so the screen become lose when open and the clicking noise can be heard though it is a little more subtle then when closed. Is my phone considered defective at this point and should I return it for an exchange?
    11-14-15 02:11 AM
    Thwre was already a thread on this. If your phone is still new return it. Your screen when closed when you press it will tap down to the slider below it making a slight click feeling. I had this on my old Priv and returned it
    AphaGunnar likes this.
    11-14-15 02:44 AM
    Thwre was already a thread on this. If your phone is still new return it. Your screen when closed when you press it will tap down to the slider below it making a slight click feeling. I had this on my old Priv and returned it
    Awesome thanks ! Now I just need to cross my fingers that the store I got it from has some in Stock now.... They only had two and I got the last one :/
    bryanhiggins likes this.
    11-14-15 02:47 AM
    Drove me nuts feeling that little click every time I typed. In the other thread others found a way to fix it by twisting the screen a bit. Have to read the post to understand
    AphaGunnar likes this.
    11-14-15 02:51 AM
    I already attempted doing that didn't work doing so I also found out that the top right is also making the clicking noise. Just my luck haha couldn't do my upgrade on the 6th the Rogers system was showing a device swap pending from a year ago customer service had to contact back office to fix it was fixed on Nov 11 upgrade was processed proper. Seems I'm having a string of bad luck
    11-14-15 02:56 AM
    Yeah I hear you. It is the way it works now, QA every 100th phone and deal with the RMAs inbetween, cheaper
    11-14-15 03:01 AM
    I RMA'd for same. Hope new one is perfect. Also had squishy power button.

RMA process easy as pie.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 06:18 AM
    just got mine swapped at CPW.... the new one seems better even though it's from the same factory on the same day.... hopefully this isn't an issue that gets worse over time
    11-14-15 06:56 AM
    heres a fix

11-14-15 07:19 AM
    Trying it now
    11-14-15 07:25 AM
    My screen clicks on both sides it's just the nature of the beast as far as I am concerned. This issue will be the biggest warranty return as they age and more people own the Priv.

11-14-15 07:34 AM
    Can you tell me where is that thread?

11-14-15 08:05 AM
    Sadly it didn't work but I found out if I press on the back in one area ther side pops out of place contacted Rogers they suggested a dead on arrival swap
    11-14-15 08:38 AM
    Can you tell me where is that thread?

Sorry I am on the mobile site and I cant find it again easly. Ibnever participated in it just read it. If I find it ill of course post it
    11-14-15 08:58 AM
    I just realized that the left side of my screen when the phone is close clicks when I type on it it seems lose as the right side doesn't seem to have this issue. When the phone is open there is no clicking nose but the screen has some play to it I am able to push to the right when I do so the screen become lose when open and the clicking noise can be heard though it is a little more subtle then when closed. Is my phone considered defective at this point and should I return it for an exchange?
    The left edge is not supposed to have any give but don't confuse the vibration of the virtual keyboard / screen with the screen being loose. I read too many hypochondriacs posting about allegedly defective BlackBerry Priv smartphones. The normal defect rate for electronic manufactured goods is less than 0.01%.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 09:13 AM
    No this is a defect I believe of some kind that would be really hard to catch. Think about if you were typing on your phone on a flat surface and there was a very small grain of sand under one corner. Why you type on one side of the device would be fine but the other side would have just a little travel and a click as it teetered to the side andvhitvthevtablevitvwas on. It is just a small little 'click' as the top screen taps the base below it as you type. You not only hear it, you feel the tactile feeling of the click which also throws you off. It is not the end of the world by any means but it's there. Like if you whistled your S when you talked, everyone could understand you but it's noticeable.
    11-14-15 09:41 AM
    No this is a defect I believe of some kind that would be really hard to catch. Think about if you were typing on your phone on a flat surface and there was a very small grain of sand under one corner. Why you type on one side of the device would be fine but the other side would have just a little travel and a click as it teetered to the side andvhitvthevtablevitvwas on. It is just a small little 'click' as the top screen taps the base below it as you type. You not only hear it, you feel the tactile feeling of the click which also throws you off. It is not the end of the world by any means but it's there. Like if you whistled your S when you talked, everyone could understand you but it's noticeable.
    Do you think it should have zero click when you type on keyboard. I have maybe 1/2mm gap on each edge causing mild click on both edges. I have RMA'ed. We'll see if the next one has this.
    11-14-15 09:53 AM
    I have soft keys all along the bottom of 4 devices at work, that whole bottom row feels soft, dont get the same feed back when you press them unless you hit them right in the middle.
    11-14-15 10:13 AM
    If it is defective return it for a new replacement. There is no point using a smartphone that leaves you feeling unsatisfied.

11-14-15 01:01 PM
    I have soft keys all along the bottom of 4 devices at work, that whole bottom row feels soft, dont get the same feed back when you press them unless you hit them right in the middle.
    Do the keys in the bottom row click or do they not provide any auditory feedback?

11-14-15 01:03 PM
    They click but just softer is all and I agree if something is wrong replace it for new one. You paid for it get what you paid for.
    11-14-15 01:07 PM
    heres a fix

followed it made my issue worse now the side pops out of place the you put pressure on the back of the phone.
    11-14-15 01:25 PM
    I had the same issue. It was much more prevalent when the phone got hot. The clicking noise both annoyed me and made me laugh at the poor workmanship of this phone. I went back the Telus store and exchanged it for another one. No issues so far.
    11-14-15 01:30 PM
    Same issue here too... Sending it back to get it replaced by Rogers.

11-15-15 01:20 PM
    I just followed the video instructions and it fix it for me. It did feel that something was not 100% in
    11-15-15 01:29 PM
27 12