The latest updates reduced battery life at least 30%. Anyone experiencing similar problems? I went from a modest 7 hours of light use to about 5 hours of light use.
    11-21-17 09:47 PM
    I assume you rebooted your phone?

I'd suggest you try doing a Factory Reset, I've found that helpful after a couple of updates made performance hits to my phone.
    11-22-17 08:09 AM
    The latest updates reduced battery life at least 30%. Anyone experiencing similar problems? I went from a modest 7 hours of light use to about 5 hours of light use.
    I'm not experiencing any reduced battery life after updating to the October 5 Security Patch on my Priv.

All appears to be normal... 👍

Bob
    11-22-17 09:50 AM
    If a standard reboot or 32 second reboot doesn't fix your problem, could just be your battery will need replacing soon.

Two issues could be coincidental and completely unrelated.
    11-22-17 10:25 AM
    Thankfully, the reboot seems to have fixed the problem. I appreciate the advice!
    PHughes likes this.
    11-23-17 09:29 AM
    Thankfully, the reboot seems to have fixed the problem. I appreciate the advice!
    Glad to hear. Keep an eye on the battery. It's a PRIV... It was their first Android device and there's a usual learning curve for any OEM with a first device...
    11-23-17 09:33 AM
    My first Priv lasted 15 months until it died and couldn't be resuscitated. BlackberryCare replaced it, but that took about 2 weeks, they couldn't find a replacement. Now, my Priv turns itself off at between 40 and 50% charge. When I plug it in and reboot it, it says only 1% charge left! I have another call into BlackberryCare, they are looking to send me another phone. This doesn't make any sense. The battery discharges much too fast and then the phone is difficult to get rebooted. I've asked them if there is a way to upgrade to the Keyone.
    12-31-17 11:07 AM
    As stated in another thread (https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13096176), I usually get around 3..4 days of battery runtime with my Priv but sometimes the device won't go to deep sleep due to some Android/kernel wakelock and I didn't find a solution yet.

But apart from rebooting there I found another workaround that stops these wakelocks: just switch to Airplane mode and back :-D
    01-02-18 08:36 AM