Has anyone heard of a fix for the laggy home button on the Priv since the last few updates?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-20-16 07:51 AM
    I have not had an issue with a 'laggy' home button on my Priv at all. (Purchased the Priv in February, never had an issue.) Responsive and quick. I press it and am immediately greeted by the transition screen that instantly transports me home. No lag. No issues. Have you attempted a factory reset? Not a joy, but best way to restore the device to its' state at unboxing and begin anew... See if that remedies the issue for you...

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 08:27 AM
    Like a computer, a phone also needs to be rebooted sometimes to clear out anything that may not have been cleared from RAM properly amongst other things.

You can try holding the power button until you get a pop-up asking to shutdown or reboot. Your choice. When it boots and if you still experience issues, try holding the power button for 32 seconds. This is equivalent to a battery pull and guarantees fully wiped RAM.

For the record, I've never had an issue. It's possible you installed a rogue app that's hogging resources causing everything to lag. Check your current usage and see if any app has been running rampant.

9700 > 9900 > Z10 > Z30 > Passport > Priv
    texn884 likes this.
    03-20-16 08:42 AM
    No lag in my giddy up
    CivilDissident likes this.
    03-20-16 08:53 AM
    I have a laggy home button as well. Used to be smooth as OP stated. I tried normal reboot. I am going to try hard reset now to see if that fixes it.

Posted via Priv by BlackBerry
    03-20-16 09:08 AM
    This happened after one of the last two BlackBerry Launcher updates

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    03-20-16 09:13 AM
    Like a computer, a phone also needs to be rebooted sometimes to clear out anything that may not have been cleared from RAM properly amongst other things.
    It's more of a Android thing. When I was on BB10 I almost never had the feel that I needed to reboot like I have now with the priv. And IOS that thing barelly needs to reboot ever. Android simply is a crap operative system with amazing app support.

(I'm not a hater, I have a priv too as my main phone)
    markus2107, xtremeled and will308 like this.
    03-20-16 09:14 AM
    No real lag for me. Better that a physical button for sure!

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    03-20-16 09:16 AM
    For me it now takes a couple of taps before it responds even though I feel the vibration first time...

03-20-16 09:22 AM
    For me it now takes a couple of taps before it responds even though I feel the vibration first time...

I would try a reset via press and hold of the power key for 32 seconds... This is definitely not typical... Uploaded a video to youtube, my homebutton is pretty snappy... Almost instant when pressed (The screen recorder I used is not the best, but it was a quick find to use for this very moment, so pardon the quality...)

Posted via CB10
    treidnote likes this.
    03-20-16 11:15 AM
    I would try a reset via press and hold of the power key for 32 seconds... This is definitely not typical... Uploaded a video to youtube, my homebutton is pretty snappy... Almost instant when pressed (The screen recorder I used is not the best, but it was a quick find to use for this very moment, so pardon the quality...)

Posted via CB10
    It has now been 2 hours since I did the hard reboot (32 seconds). I actually held it for closer to 40, lol.

Anyways, I am happy to report my home button is now lag free. I have tried multiple apps and used the phone for a bit.

I am still having trouble with Twitter; when I click on a post and then return to the main feed page it returns to where I first started the app, not where I left off when I clicked on the post. Thoughts on that anyone?

CivilDissident likes this.
    03-20-16 11:25 AM
    I am still having trouble with Twitter; when I click on a post and then return to the main feed page it returns to where I first started the app, not where I left off when I clicked on the post. Thoughts on that anyone?

I do not have this problem with my Twitter... Have you tried clearing your Twitter's cache? Or even your data... The equivalent of a delete and app reinstall essentially as well... If the reboot didn't fix this behavior perhaps attempt that. I am able to return where I left not, not sent to the spot I was upon opening the app... I would say that's not a typical action either...

03-20-16 11:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Oh, you used a Screen Recorder? Which one, sometimes it would be handy to grab a video of the steps. Thanks.
    03-20-16 12:35 PM
    Oh, you used a Screen Recorder? Which one, sometimes it would be handy to grab a video of the steps. Thanks.
    The one I used is called ADV... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...recorder&hl=en Seemed decent. Was free. Didn't require a root. AND had a setting to record touch as well which I enabled for the home screen lag test to follow... It was OK for what it is and for a quick 1st pick, but the video quality itself wasn't 'pro' or magnificent... Still, it served its' purpose... I uninstalled after use, but have it bookmarked for future recall... It was smooth and functioned well... Easy to use... It did have ads, but they were limited and not aggressive and most importantly weren't present in the recorded product...

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-20-16 12:57 PM
    I do not have this problem with my Twitter... Have you tried clearing your Twitter's cache? Or even your data... The equivalent of a delete and app reinstall essentially as well... If the reboot didn't fix this behavior perhaps attempt that. I am able to return where I left not, not sent to the spot I was upon opening the app... I would say that's not a typical action either...

Thanks, I will give that a try...

UPDATE: the deleting of cache and data seems to have worked to fix the Twitter problem.

Last edited by dew066; 03-20-16 at 07:01 PM.
    03-20-16 12:58 PM
    Thanks

The long reset or hard reset worked like a charm. Thanks everyone.

Now if I could find a decent working Tif viewer so I can view fax attachments in the BlackBerry Hub like I used to on my BB10 q10

03-20-16 02:55 PM
    The Playstore does seem to have tiff viewers but I don't know anything about them. I did not download any of them. I tried some apps I already had.

I did download some sample tiff files (I gather there are a few different standards) and none of the about 6 or 7 apps I had would open those two samples.
    03-20-16 04:16 PM
    Happens to me every now and then I just reboot and all is good.
    03-20-16 04:19 PM
    I've had issues with the home button as well. It started with the update to the launcher they did a while back. Even though they pushed out a second one a bit later, it didn't fix anything. Just yesterday, I had another message about the launcher having a problem and crashing. After that and a reset though, things have been going pretty well. I've tried several programs to monitor activities and I've noticed that the processor is often running at a high frequency, even though there isn't anything going on.

03-20-16 10:36 PM
    I have had this issue as well and now I have switched my launcher all together. I am now using the "Google Now Launcher" and have had no problems so far.

I have done many resets, tweeted BlackBerry help and they said to factory reset which I don't think that is a very good answer.

So I switched. Been using it for 2 days and no lags.

03-21-16 01:45 PM
    Has anyone heard of a fix for the laggy home button on the Priv since the last few updates?

I had major lag on my VZW Priv and I got tired of my whole phone being laggy I just reset it with the autoloaders.

I also decided to not have any folders or icons on my homescreen. I think that helped a lot.
    03-21-16 02:40 PM
    Trying the Google now launcher. Finding that my individual apps don't show an indication of the red splat like on bb launcher. Depending much more now on notification tray.

Also the GNow launcher is not an option under notification access.

brodic likes this.
    03-23-16 09:16 PM
    I felt like I was using the notification bar a lot before but yea the only splat that will not show is on text messages.

03-23-16 09:25 PM
    I started to experience lag as well. Happened after the last 2 BlackBerry Launcher updates, but I can't be 100% sure if they're the source because I hadn't really loaded up the phone with apps prior to that. But others here have had the general launcher lag after the second last launcher update, and the one released a couple of days later only helped a little and didn't totally resolve the issue.
    I should add that closing all app windows doesn't always help, and a reset looks like only a temporary fix until it acts up again.
    Hopefully one of the BlackBerry reps here sees this thread and takes it back to the programmers for resolution.

03-23-16 09:32 PM
    I just did a factory reset to my PRIV today and at first there was no lag but after doing the updates to the blackberry launcher, it seems to hang/lag a lot when closing apps. Happens almost every time. I've gotten use to it since the last update, but it is rather annoying.

03-23-16 11:31 PM
33 12