04-28-15 07:18 PM
50 12
tools
    No one wants a lousy os android system running on blackberry there are 4 different. OS apple blackberry android and windows everyone has different taste so stop saying blackberry needs a android device tired of hearing it

Posted via CB10
    Well in case you haven't heard, Windows is now considering Android runtime baked into their OS as well. I think the smaller platforms realize that it's too late in the game and have to incorporate stripped down versions of Android APK's to remain somewhat relevant.

I actually think this is a good thing overall for the industry to break away from the current two-horse race. Universal app stores that have a good vetting process like Amazon, are the wave of the future IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 07:53 PM
    Well in case you haven't heard, Windows is now considering Android runtime baked into their OS as well. I think the smaller platforms realize that it's too late in the game and have to incorporate stripped down versions of Android APK's to remain somewhat relevant.

I actually think this is a good thing overall for the industry to break away from the current two-horse race. Universal app stores that have a good vetting process like Amazon, are the wave of the future IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    Windows will get a big shot in the arm when Windows 10 gains traction. As a developer it would be hard not to justify developing just the one app to cover the vast majority of PC's as well as Windows mobile users. Windows 10 with an Android runtime would have no app issues.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:13 PM
    Windows will get a big shot in the arm when Windows 10 gains traction. As a developer it would be hard not to justify developing just the one app to cover the vast majority of PC's as well as Windows mobile users. Windows 10 with an Android runtime would have no app issues.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Hopefully the one app to rule them all gives microsoft a fighting chance.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:21 PM
    I agree. Hopefully the one app to rule them all gives microsoft a fighting chance.

Posted via CB10
    You certainly can never rule Microsoft out, they have more than made an impression in the console industry with largely inferior products.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:34 PM
    I like the hybrid aspect of the BlackBerry system. It's cool.

04-19-15 08:40 PM
    You certainly can never rule Microsoft out, they have more than made an impression in the console industry with largely inferior products.

Posted via CB10
    Big fan of Microsoft and since BlackBerry forced me to buy a Lumia 830 I don't look back.And the future with Windows 10 Universal Apps and upcoming Lumia devices looks bright. Will buy the 640XL, 840 and maybe the 940, too

I love taking nice pictures with my smartphones and sadly blackberry is some years behind

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    04-20-15 12:11 PM
    Big fan of Microsoft and since BlackBerry forced me to buy a Lumia 830 I don't look back.And the future with Windows 10 Universal Apps and upcoming Lumia devices looks bright. Will buy the 640XL, 840 and maybe the 940, too

I love taking nice pictures with my smartphones and sadly blackberry is some years behind

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    I'm a fan of Microsoft too, but not their Mobile OS. I cannot stand the Windows Phone OS interface, but that's just me. I still use Windows (7 pro) on my PC, waiting for 10 to come out.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-20-15 12:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Of course microsoft has more than solidified their spot in the tech world, it's just that their mobile presence has been small as of late. I habe a surface pro 3 for work and I love it. Very excited for windows 10 though. It would be nice if they put out some phones with hardware keyboards again. Nice to know there are still options if BlackBerry leaves hardware one day.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 01:09 PM
    The only reason I couldn't keep my HTC one M8 for windows is the music player didn't like certain naming conventions from my iTunes collection. The browser couldn't validate log in credentials for older websites. Save those two gripes (albeit major ones), the phone was a joy to use.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 01:16 PM

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    Why do you guys need so many phones?!!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 01:45 PM
    Why do you guys need so many phones?!!

Posted via CB10
    Haha I wonder this myself. If I ever need to carry more than one phone at a time I'm doing it wrong ( yes assuming your job isn't forcing you to)

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 02:36 PM
    I have the amazon app store and snap. android apps on the classic are almost unusable (maybe it's better on the passport?). It's no replacement for native running apps

I love bb10 ux. If BlackBerry can pull of something similar in android, I'd be open to listening.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have a Passport but a Z30, and yes apps work well with it.

Maybe the unusual screen ratio of the Classic is the reason of the Android Apps not working properly ?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 03:39 PM

Maybe the unusual screen ratio of the Classic is the reason of the Android Apps not working properly ?

Posted via CB10
    The 1:1 aspect ratio will always be an issue with apps that have not been developed appropriately (although this may be a bit harsh when a 1:1 aspect ratio was unheard of).

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 03:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have a Z30 also. It was replaced by the classic. Android apps still didn't run "well". I mean if you are asking if I was in a life or death situation, could an android app on a blackberry save my life, I would say most probably, but that's not a rousing endorsement. They are slow to boot, laggy, sometimes unresponsive, and often crash. Some never work to begin with. My Sirius XM app for example is so laggy switching stations it's almost unusable and the audio would cut in and out once 10 minutes passed. This has been the case in both my classic and z30.

I'm not blaming BlackBerry for trying but to say that BlackBerry runs android apps without a hefty disclaimer is a hefty claim indeed.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 07:42 PM
    I have a Z30 also. It was replaced by the classic. Android apps still didn't run "well". I mean if you are asking if I was in a life or death situation, could an android app on a blackberry save my life, I would say most probably, but that's not a rousing endorsement. They are slow to boot, laggy, sometimes unresponsive, and often crash. Some never work to begin with. My Sirius XM app for example is so laggy switching stations it's almost unusable and the audio would cut in and out once 10 minutes passed. This has been the case in both my classic and z30.

I'm not blaming BlackBerry for trying but to say that BlackBerry runs android apps without a hefty disclaimer is a hefty claim indeed.

Posted via CB10
    They run on Passport much better. Specs matter in this case.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-21-15 07:47 AM
    Attachment 347515

But seriously... what's the worst that could happen...
    ...iOS on a BlackBerry...worst ever idea!

From my Classic
    04-21-15 07:26 PM
    I won't lie, I read the first 3 posts and skipped to posting, so I'm uncertain if this has already been said; but here's a crazy idea, if you don't like Android and/or Android apps, then don't install any Android apps and you'll never have to be bothered by the Android runtime.

Quit complaining for the sake of complaining.

Posted via CB10
    Soapm likes this.
    04-21-15 09:38 PM
    I want a Windows Mobile OS and Apple apps on my BlackBerry, and I want it to look like a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge...

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 10:15 PM
    I won't lie, I read the first 3 posts and skipped to posting, so I'm uncertain if this has already been said; but here's a crazy idea, if you don't like Android and/or Android apps, then don't install any Android apps and you'll never have to be bothered by the Android runtime.

Quit complaining for the sake of complaining.

Posted via CB10
    What, and limit the complaints to the Calendar. After all the money they paid for the phone???
    04-21-15 10:56 PM
    BB10 is doing poorly mainly due to the negative stigma attached to their name. The majority of the people I know will say they will never buy a BB, yet none of them are even aware of BB10 or what it can do. So their decision to "never" want to buy a BB has nothing to do with the lack of apps or lack of features. They literally have no clue about what apps or features are available, but they still have come to the conclusion that it's no good...
    That is 100% correct. It isn't until they see one (especially a full touch model like my Z30, which they never knew existed) and find out what it can do THEN they are interested. Otherwise, they believe the old blather about no apps, behind the times, etc.

 Living the life, posting via BB Z30 
    04-25-15 06:33 PM
    If I had a all android blackberry passport I would consider coming back to blackberry. I sold my blackberry passport a couple months ago and picked up a samsung note 4. I'm grooving with the note 4 because it has a stylus, so not having a keyboard doesn't bother me. Having apps for my house hold appliances nest,dropcam,washer dryer,garage door,lights,tv remote are things that I use now on the regular. On the passport not all of them worked and every one had aspect ratio messed up. My samsung is a tool and a toy. The android lollipop os is blazing fast and smokes os10 in my opinion. I've been using os10 from day one and still do with my blackberry classic for work.

Blackberry needs to stop making so many devices.

I run a norton antivirus on it just incase...
    04-26-15 11:29 PM
    If I had a all android blackberry passport I would consider coming back to blackberry. I sold my blackberry passport a couple months ago and picked up a samsung note 4. I'm grooving with the note 4 because it has a stylus, so not having a keyboard doesn't bother me. Having apps for my house hold appliances nest,dropcam,washer dryer,garage door,lights,tv remote are things that I use now on the regular. On the passport not all of them worked and every one had aspect ratio messed up. My samsung is a tool and a toy. The android lollipop os is blazing fast and smokes os10 in my opinion. I've been using os10 from day one and still do with my blackberry classic for work.

Blackberry needs to stop making so many devices.

I run a norton antivirus on it just incase...
    Totally agreed with everything you said except that blackberry makes a lot of devices. There will likely be no more than 3 BlackBerry consumer devices released this year (not counting the porche units)

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 05:57 AM
    The Android emulator is almost hopeless. Blackberry need to stop and sponsor the development of NATIVE apps. Even my Bold 9900 had a native kindle app. Wake up BB!

If I want an Android phone, I'll buy it from Amazon, Motorola or several other suppliers.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 01:51 PM
    The Android emulator is almost hopeless. Blackberry need to stop and sponsor the development of NATIVE apps. Even my Bold 9900 had a native kindle app. Wake up BB!

If I want an Android phone, I'll buy it from Amazon, Motorola or several other suppliers.

Posted via CB10
    To call it almost hopeless is a gross exaggeration.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 07:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nobody wants to make apps for BlackBerry because nobody has blackberries. Don't you know that by now?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 07:18 PM
50 12