No one wants a lousy os android system running on blackberry there are 4 different. OS apple blackberry android and windows everyone has different taste so stop saying blackberry needs a android device tired of hearing it

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 07:50 PM
    Lagging android os-mockit_14042015200103.jpg

But seriously... what's the worst that could happen...

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport. Follow me on Twitter @BlaisKL
    Thunderbuck and kthhrrsn like this.
    04-14-15 08:02 PM
    No one wants a lousy os android system running on blackberry there are 4 different. OS apple blackberry android and windows everyone has different taste so stop saying blackberry needs a android device tired of hearing it

Posted via CB10
    Speak for yourself. I love bb10 but I'm also sick of having no apps. And I don't know what android you have that's laggy. What year is this anyway?

Posted via CB10
    tuxedo323 likes this.
    04-14-15 10:23 PM
    If you want an Android, get one of the many Android phones that are out there, and allow us to have at least a couple Blackberry phones. Personally I just switched from Android to Blackberry and Im so happy with I did. I don't care or use apps that much and truthfully 90% of the Apps on Android and IOS that people complain they can't get on Blackberry are just useless for anything in life. Just stupid unproductive, brain numbing games. IMO a phone isn't meant to be a toy, its a tool.
    04-14-15 11:25 PM
    The only reason I would want Android on the BlackBerry is to have Google services. Leave the Hub and the physical Qwerty and I'll be all smiles.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    vpblaze likes this.
    04-14-15 11:37 PM
    I left Android for the same reasons. BlackBerry isn't Android and will never be because they both have different experiences. BlackBerry may not have higher specs then Android phones but BB10 is optimize to work just as great and even on a low spec hardware.

If you want an Android, get one of the many Android phones that are out there, and allow us to have at least a couple Blackberry phones. Personally I just switched from Android to Blackberry and Im so happy with I did. I don't care or use apps that much and truthfully 90% of the Apps on Android and IOS that people complain they can't get on Blackberry are just useless for anything in life. Just stupid unproductive, brain numbing games. IMO a phone isn't meant to be a toy, its a tool.

Long live Blackberry.
    04-15-15 12:20 AM
    To each his own, I have several android apps running well on my Classic and not regretting doing it. I have a good bible app that syncs with my iPAd, commentary and a great bible dictionary. These are tools I need and since it's my phone, I appreciate BB making them avail...
    themightyshark and devin266 like this.
    04-15-15 12:51 AM
    If we could get the ability to use all Google Play services on our BB's that would be ideal for me.. however in case that never happens, i would love an Android phone in my perfect Passport body.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 06:42 AM
    Removed.....
    04-15-15 04:15 PM
    Speak for yourself. I love bb10 but I'm also sick of having no apps. And I don't know what android you have that's laggy. What year is this anyway?

Posted via CB10
    I prefer the features built into BB10 and pkb integration than a bunch of apps, most of which I will never use... If that mattered for me, I would have switched to Android long ago...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-15-15 08:52 PM
    I prefer the features built into BB10 and pkb integration than a bunch of apps, most of which I will never use... If that mattered for me, I would have switched to Android long ago...

I'm saying if BlackBerry could keep all of those bb10 things in an android package I would be all ears. The assumption is by the forums is, they can't, but that's not fair to assume so. I'm just saying I'm open to the idea. I would ultimately need to see the execution.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 09:37 PM
    I'm saying if BlackBerry could keep all of those bb10 things in an android package I would be all ears. The assumption is by the forums is, they can't, but that's not fair to assume so. I'm just saying I'm open to the idea. I would ultimately need to see the execution.

Posted via CB10
    If they can put a UI on top of Android and it runs smooth and fluidly, then yes, it's (almost) all good. I still prefer not to rely on anything google, especially since it's open-sourced and they've been known to freely allow access to the NSA. I know the NSA can get any info they want, but I just rather they work for it, lol. It's principle...

If BB10 goes away and they only have Android with a BB10 UI, I wouldn't mind going that route. But as long as I have the choice to use BB10, I prefer to go that way.

04-16-15 01:21 PM
    If they can put a UI on top of Android and it runs smooth and fluidly, then yes, it's (almost) all good. I still prefer not to rely on anything google, especially since it's open-sourced and they've been known to freely allow access to the NSA. I know the NSA can get any info they want, but I just rather they work for it, lol. It's principle...

If BB10 goes away and they only have Android with a BB10 UI, I wouldn't mind going that route. But as long as I have the choice to use BB10, I prefer to go that way.

All agreed. I'm not saying I want android, im just saying I won't close the idea before it's even presented. There is some clear advantages to this approach, such as running android apps that actually work in reasonable expectations. That being said, don't take away what I love about bb10 or it'll be dead on the water.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 04:57 PM
    IMO a phone isn't meant to be a toy, its a tool.
    Ugh I cringe every time I read a forum member post this. They have nothing to do with one another. Cars are meant to take you from point A to B, and a sports car is still damn fine tool at doing that. The fun aspects of it doesn't distract the functional aspects of it.

If the world embraced the qwerty keyboarded form factors, there would still be snapchat, tinder, flappy birds and all the like, and some people would use it for work and some people would use it for play.

The truth is, the reason blackberry Is lacking apps, is because most devs have abandoned the platform and brand, not because it's a tool and not a toy.

Posted via CB10
    Soapm and vpblaze like this.
    04-16-15 05:05 PM
    BlackBerry with Adenoids?!

No! Thanks!!!

 Q5 / Z30
    04-17-15 01:17 AM
    Ugh I cringe every time I read a forum member post this. They have nothing to do with one another. Cars are meant to take you from point A to B, and a sports car is still damn fine tool at doing that. The fun aspects of it doesn't distract the functional aspects of it.
    Posted via CB10
    The fun aspects of owning a sports car do detract from its functionality, poor analogy .

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 07:57 AM
    The fun aspects of owning a sports car do detract from its functionality, poor analogy .

Posted via CB10
    How would a performance tuned bmw not fulfill its capabilities as a car?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 10:46 AM
    How would a performance tuned bmw not fulfill its capabilities as a car?

Posted via CB10
    That's not a sports car, a sports car is all about minimum weight and are typically two seaters, that alone is quite the compromise. However I'd imagine a tuned saloon car would have stiffened 'sports' suspension and this detracts from its usability as a car when travelling long distances or transporting passengers in comfort.

I have a little sports car and love it to bits, quirks and all. It detaches your retinas, shakes out the contents of your bladder, handles like a go kart and is fun fun fun.. but it's not 'practical'.

I really don't think car metaphors work when comparing BlackBerry to the opposition.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 03:49 PM
    That's not a sports car, a sports car is all about minimum weight and are typically two seaters, that alone is quite the compromise. However I'd imagine a tuned saloon car would have stiffened 'sports' suspension and this detracts from its usability as a car when travelling long distances or transporting passengers in comfort.

I have a little sports car and love it to bits, quirks and all. It detaches your retinas, shakes out the contents of your bladder, handles like a go kart and is fun fun fun.. but it's not 'practical'.

I really don't think car metaphors work when comparing BlackBerry to the opposition.

Posted via CB10
    Come on, get with the times, ride stiffness can be changed on the fly now depending on if you want it to perform or just ride smooth, lol.

04-17-15 04:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Um ok. So I'll get back to the point then. Your touch screen device can be a tool or a toy and so can your qwerty device. One is a little better at text input, and the other is a little better at media, but that alone doesn't define a device as a tool or toy. They can both be tools and toys at the same time and be good at it.

Android devices have highly customizable interfaces too so you can always change that on the software side.

My phone is a tool not a toy, is just a bite sized way for BlackBerry fans to defend themselves when people criticize them about their phone or lack of apps. It's nice to have a bite sized blurb to defend yourself, but it's actually a bit silly sounding and is a weak argument.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 06:24 PM
    Um ok. So I'll get back to the point then. Your touch screen device can be a tool or a toy and so can your qwerty device. One is a little better at text input, and the other is a little better at media, but that alone doesn't define a device as a tool or toy. They can both be tools and toys at the same time and be good at it.

Android devices have highly customizable interfaces too so you can always change that on the software side.

My phone is a tool not a toy, is just a bite sized way for BlackBerry fans to defend themselves when people criticize them about their phone or lack of apps. It's nice to have a bite sized blurb to defend yourself, but it's actually a bit silly sounding and is a weak argument.

Posted via CB10
    I want to jump in and make a quick statement though. The whole apps argument against BB10 isn't exactly valid though, because recent studies found that the majority of smartphone users don't download ANY apps...

BB10 is doing poorly mainly due to the negative stigma attached to their name. The majority of the people I know will say they will never buy a BB, yet none of them are even aware of BB10 or what it can do. So their decision to "never" want to buy a BB has nothing to do with the lack of apps or lack of features. They literally have no clue about what apps or features are available, but they still have come to the conclusion that it's no good...

04-17-15 08:05 PM
    I'm glad we can start a "fresh" debate about the merits of an Android powered BB. The last few dozen kept getting bogged down with the same talking points...
    04-17-15 08:44 PM
    I want to jump in and make a quick statement though. The whole apps argument against BB10 isn't exactly valid though, because recent studies found that the majority of smartphone users don't download ANY apps...

BB10 is doing poorly mainly due to the negative stigma attached to their name. The majority of the people I know will say they will never buy a BB, yet none of them are even aware of BB10 or what it can do. So their decision to "never" want to buy a BB has nothing to do with the lack of apps or lack of features. They literally have no clue about what apps or features are available, but they still have come to the conclusion that it's no good...

Yes all agreed. I myself can find all the apps I need on any os. Most other things are supplemented by the web.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 09:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Amazon App Store is installed on 10.3, and it is very easy to install Snap which allows access to Play Store.

Stop saying there is no apps on BB10 devices please. It's just not true.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 05:04 AM
    I have the amazon app store and snap. android apps on the classic are almost unusable (maybe it's better on the passport?). It's no replacement for native running apps

I love bb10 ux. If BlackBerry can pull of something similar in android, I'd be open to listening.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 08:27 AM
50 12