I went to the TELUS store yesterday to try out the Priv. I really liked it. Nice screen and build. But did not like the very "torch" feeling keyboard. I figure it was just the Priv, so I tried the Passport, which I also found tough to use.

Granted, I'm sure if I spend enough time with them, I'd get used to it, but I admit that if another full touchscreen device comes out, I'm grabbing it. Still using my z30 for now. Though I will admit, the Classic keyboard is still amazing.

Are other people finding the Priv keyboard good or bad?

And yes, I know I can just "leave the slider closed".

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    11-08-15 05:48 AM
    I liked the passport keyboard better but the priv is growing on me

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 06:24 AM
    I'm looking forward to trying out both but my reasoning for buying a Priv is mainly due to the PKB.
    I found the Classic to have the best PKB I've ever used and I've used an awful lot of BB devices with them on!

The Priv is obviously smaller so whether I can adjust? We'll see. I do have very small hands for a guy though, so that's in my favour!
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    11-08-15 06:27 AM
    Honestly for me, I've barely used the pkb thus far. The vkb is awesome just as it is on BB10. I move to Android a while back and I really missed the swipe up gesture. It was probably my favorite feature on BB10.

However, my wife is all about the pkb. She's loving it. She pretty much has forgotten that the device is also a full touch screen. Both keyboard are welcoming depending on your preference.

11-08-15 06:47 AM
    I'm looking forward to trying out both but my reasoning for buying a Priv is mainly due to the PKB.
    I found the Classic to have the best PKB I've ever used and I've used an awful lot of BB devices with them on!

The Priv is obviously smaller so whether I can adjust? We'll see. I do have very small hands for a guy though, so that's in my favour!
    Hi Aneres11,

Good to see you in the Priv forums.
    Just wanted to ask, if you'd be kind enough to write about your thoughts regarding the new BlackBerry, when you'll receive it?
    Enjoyed reading your posts in the Classic section.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
    Aneres11 likes this.
    11-08-15 06:49 AM
    I'd say the Priv's keyboard is good. I'm coming from a Passport and it does take some adjusting to get used to, but I'm definitely getting faster on the physical keyboard in the short amount of time I've had the device.

Initially, I thought the keyboard was too cramped and I kept missing certain keys when I was typing, but as I'm continuing to slide it out and use it I'm more accurate.

Posted via my physical or virtual keyboard on the BlackBerry Priv, duh.
    11-08-15 07:11 AM
    Takes some time to adjust if you're using to the keyboard on the passport or classic. I'd say less that s week and you're good to go
    11-08-15 07:13 AM
    Hi Aneres11,

Good to see you in the Priv forums.
    Just wanted to ask, if you'd be kind enough to write about your thoughts regarding the new BlackBerry, when you'll receive it?
    Enjoyed reading your posts in the Classic section.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
    Hey!
    Thanks for the message
    I will definitely write about my thoughts of the Priv! It's arriving tomorrow so I'll be sure to post so,e thoughts once it is all set up and ready to go!

Have a great weekend too.
    JanuarJaguar and WT44 like this.
    11-08-15 07:26 AM
    How does everyone find the balance of the device with the keyboard out? I heard it was really good but when I tried it in store was expecting perfect. I still found it a little top heavy. If don't want to be worried about dropping it.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 07:31 AM
    How about one hand use?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-08-15 07:38 AM
    How about one hand use?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    All depends on how long your fingers are. For me, one handed on the keyboards is not an issue.

11-08-15 06:01 PM
    How does everyone find the balance of the device with the keyboard out? I heard it was really good but when I tried it in store was expecting perfect. I still found it a little top heavy. If don't want to be worried about dropping it.

Posted via CB10
    I think the balance is on point. If you really pay attention to the weight of the device, you'll realize that it's centered around where the BlackBerry is on the back. The screen is lightweight so when you slide it up, the distribution of the weight is still relatively centered maybe just slightly above the logo but not too far off.

11-08-15 06:20 PM
    I find I'm going between the two all the time. Which is bizarre but, I had a z10 for personal and a Curve for work. I was bouncing all the time.

The touch screen is awesome. I do find I'm slowly getting better at the qwerty. I do think the physical keyboard is great. Having not had a passport, the swipe is different but, pretty cool.

I'm really enjoying this phone. I've been able to do the one thumb things and, I started with using my pinky because, you can use the curved edge. I don't know how this thing will do or sell but, it's pretty good.

Posted via PRIV
    11-08-15 06:28 PM