Since the latest keyboard update, I can't seem to use the speak to text anymore.

I open any application where I would just talk to the phone and it would write everything out for me has now stopped working due to these new shortcuts.

I hit the speak button and the microphone flashed blue for a quick second and that is it.

Does anyone out there know how to fix this?

Thanks
    09-08-17 05:47 PM
    Maybe you can check which voice typing your phone is using, you were probably not using the one from blackberry keyboard, so maybe after updating it's set the voice typing to BlackBerry keyboards voice typing?
    09-08-17 05:57 PM
    Text to speech on my Priv works perfectly. The blue light comes on when I hit the microphone icon but if I don't say anything it goes off in about 4 seconds. As it should. Perhaps the quick second was actually a bit longer. You have to be ready to speak when you push the button.
    09-08-17 07:48 PM
    I just tried voice to text in the Kb and it worked the first time but not the next three attempts. the blue mic was flashing the whole time.

trying this text to speech to see if it actually works this time - at this time it works

weird, it worked, then didn't then did again!
    09-08-17 07:56 PM
    I used the speech to text in my text messages and email just fine. But since the last 2 updates to the keyboard, I still can't get it to work.

When I press the Mic button (New) or hold the comma button (old) I get the Mic screen with the Mic button in the middle. I press it but it just quickly flashes blue and then off. It will not stay on at all.

When I checked the text to speech settings, there is only a google option. I can't find any Blackberry option at all.

When I hit the settings button in the Mic Screen (in my text app) It takes me to the Blackberry Keyboard Settings.

And there are no options for me to really play with.

There are USE the current Input language (ON)
    User offline speech recognition (ON)
    Offline Speech recognition (OFF)

I just want to get this feature working again!!!
    09-11-17 02:30 PM
    Just go back to Google voice input. Settings, languages and input, keyboard settings, BlackBerry keyboard, advanced, toggle "enabled built in voice input" to off.
    09-11-17 03:10 PM
    OK, I tried what you said and that will make Google Text to Speech work just not the BB one.

So I went to the Blackberry Keyboard settings. I noticed under permission that Microphone and Phone were disabled.

I enabled both those missing permissions and I am closer... but still wont work.

This time, I go and hit the Mic button and the blue light goes on... But it will not hear my voice.

SO CLOSE!!! but yet, SO FAR!!!
    09-11-17 04:29 PM
    OK!!! Update again.

It looksl ike its working now.

It seems that the permissions did work. I then closed all my open apps and tried again!

wow. So the update changed permissions and didnt notify me that they needed to be turned on.

Thanks everyeone for replying.

And now I know how to use the Google Voice to Text instead of the BB one. Now to see which one is better.
    09-11-17 04:33 PM
    Thanks for the solution! I had the same issue and giving the Blackberry Keyboard app permission to the microphone fixed it. Seems to be a bug that it does not check for the permission first and ask for it, since it requires it.
    11-22-17 12:15 PM