I was having problems with gestures when I first got the Priv at launch, but a few months later and I was really happy with the keyboard and had learned how to swipe words with just the right amount of pressure and length to get it to work every time. But I'm having all sorts of trouble since the last update ... is it just me or does anyone else think the most recent update made the keyboard harder to use ?

Posted via Blackberry Priv
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-05-16 03:24 PM
    I was having problems with gestures when I first got the Priv at launch, but a few months later and I was really happy with the keyboard and had learned how to swipe words with just the right amount of pressure and length to get it to work every time. But I'm having all sorts of trouble since the last update ... is it just me or did anyone else notice ?

Its a BlackBerry thing with updates. Since the first BB10 updates. Something is getting fixed and the other stuff is full of bugs again...

Posted via Q10Bold
    02-05-16 03:25 PM
    The first update made it worse. The KB became over-sensitive.

Users complained, and a BB-guy asked (here on CB) if they preferred the previous version, and if they would uninstall the update to the find out and compare.

The majority answered that the previous/original version was better.

Then a new update came, just a few days ago from now, with sensitivity reduced. This is the most recent version that everybody should have installed by now.

I personally think that the current version is a little bit better than the last one, but still not perfect. The implementation on the Passport is much more mature and less prone to errors. I hope that the continue to improve the KB to bring it up to par with the passport.
    02-05-16 04:07 PM
    The first update made it worse. The KB became over-sensitive.

Users complained, and a BB-guy asked (here on CB) if they preferred the previous version, and if they would uninstall the update to the find out and compare.

The majority answered that the previous/original version was better.

Then a new update came, just a few days ago from now, with sensitivity reduced. This is the most recent version that everybody should have installed by now.

I personally think that the current version is a little bit better than the last one, but still not perfect. The implementation on the Passport is much more mature and less prone to errors. I hope that the continue to improve the KB to bring it up to par with the passport.
    Oddly, I feel it's too sensitive and now.

02-05-16 06:05 PM
    I agree. It's not horrible, and they did well fixing the dictionary issue I was having, but the keyboard is doing some funky things, mostly on bbm

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    02-05-16 06:24 PM
    Its a BlackBerry thing with updates. Since the first BB10 updates. Something is getting fixed and the other stuff is full of bugs again...

Posted via Q10Bold
    it must be the way they manage their software development projects. since the last update the word predictions are terrible . Predictive accuracy initially was almost perfect to the point full sentences could be predicted about 75% of the time including recently used new words.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    02-05-16 06:54 PM