I know traditionally apps are able to be launched from the home screen by a long key press for previous blackberry operating systems but I would think it would be useful to be able to do it within any app. It could be used as a way to multitask. Any chance this could happen on Android?
    10-29-15 10:29 AM
    I know traditionally apps are able to be launched from the home screen by a long key press for previous blackberry operating systems but I would think it would be useful to be able to do it within any app. It could be used as a way to multitask. Any chance this could happen on Android?
    Well I use to have a Motorola Droid Pro back on the day and you could launch any app from shy screen using the keyboard. Hopefully the Priv allows you to do the same.
    10-29-15 11:52 PM
    This works on the home screen only. Source: I have the Priv.
    10-30-15 05:01 AM
    This works on the home screen only. Source: I have the Priv.
    Can you confirm HUB can be opened with a swipe up and right.

Q10 \m/
    10-30-15 05:20 AM
    Long press anywhere would get annoying VERY quickly.
    10-30-15 05:21 AM
    Can you confirm HUB can be opened with a swipe up and right.

Q10 \m/
    Yes, sort of. Swiping up from the bottom pops up three quick-launch icons. If you follow through and swipe to the right, it launches the Hub - but not immediately. It's not as immediate as BB10. Swiping up and right is the same as clicking on the Hub icon. A moment later the Hub app opens.
    10-30-15 05:22 AM
    Yes, sort of. Swiping up from the bottom pops up three quick-launch icons. If you follow through and swipe to the right, it launches the Hub - but not immediately. It's not as immediate as BB10. Swiping up and right is the same as clicking on the Hub icon. A moment later the Hub app opens.
    Cool. Thanks. Any idea about DTEK? If it is reactive or proactive.

Q10 \m/
    10-30-15 05:25 AM
    To add to my question, can you do this swipe up and right from any app? I assume you can't do a peep like in BB10, am I correct?

Q10 \m/
    10-30-15 05:27 AM
    Currently what apps has integration with hub?
    10-30-15 05:55 AM
    Cool. Thanks. Any idea about DTEK? If it is reactive or proactive.
    Bit of both. It alerts you if you asked an app not to access your location but it has still tried to.
    10-30-15 05:55 AM
    To add to my question, can you do this swipe up and right from any app? I assume you can't do a peep like in BB10, am I correct?
    Swipe up and right from anywhere. No peek. Lags a bit as it loads the hub compared to BB10.
    10-30-15 05:56 AM
    Currently what apps has integration with hub?
    BBM, Email, Text Messages. Replying to SMS launches Messenger app. No Whatsapp from what I can tell.
    Uzi, cgk and 00stryder like this.
    10-30-15 05:57 AM
    BBM, Email, Text Messages. Replying to SMS launches Messenger app. No Whatsapp from what I can tell.
    Hi privberry may I suggest you start a new thread : Ask and questions about priv if you have time, thanks!
    10-30-15 05:59 AM
    Swipe up and right from anywhere. No peek. Lags a bit as it loads the hub compared to BB10.
    If I understand correctly this meant this gesture will bring you to open the hub app, and need time to load the hub?
    10-30-15 06:04 AM
    Alright. Thanku.

Q10 \m/
    10-30-15 06:10 AM
    If I understand correctly this meant this gesture will bring you to open the hub app, and need time to load the hub?
    Yes the gesture is like tapping an icon on the home screen. The phone thinks about it for a while before opening the hub.
    cgk likes this.
    10-30-15 06:11 AM
    So there is no twitter integration at the moment?
    10-30-15 07:26 AM
    So there is no twitter integration at the moment?
    Twitter does integrate. I had not check because I don't use it.
    cgk likes this.
    10-30-15 08:15 AM
    Twitter does integrate. I had not check because I don't use it.
    Shame - people were curious if you could answer in hub or it evokes the app.

Thanks for response.L
    10-30-15 08:17 AM
    Shame - people were curious if you could answer in hub or it evokes the app.
    It evokes the app. Hub seems to be just a notification center - only email is fully integral like on BB10.
    10-30-15 08:23 AM
    It evokes the app. Hub seems to be just a notification center - only email is fully integral like on BB10.
    I did think this - thanks for confirming.
    10-30-15 08:28 AM
    Also the keyboard shortcuts like T for go to top, and B for go to bottom do not work anywhere, including the Hub.
    10-30-15 08:42 AM
    Also the keyboard shortcuts like T for go to top, and B for go to bottom do not work anywhere, including the Hub.
    This is listed on certain official documentation, are you running retail/final software or an eval unit?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 09:05 AM
    Can't be anywere, because at least when youre typing, holding a key is used to write Capital letter. Also when browsing "T" or "B" is used to fast scroll to top or bottom
    10-30-15 09:11 AM
    This is listed on certain official documentation, are you running retail/final software or an eval unit?
    Correction, it does work in the main Hub list, but not within emails, or the browser, or anywhere else I've tried. T works inside emails but B does not. Running a retail unit.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-30-15 09:15 AM