It's far more secure because there will be far fewer devices that the virus can infect. If you count the fact that they can sell anywhere near what every other phone sells. So fewer infections. I'm a little sarcastic today. How many g rated kids shows can a man watch without going nuts??????

Posted via CB10
    I'm getting kind of leary too. I trust BlackBerry but Android has a bit of a rep to overcome I guess. BlackBerry makes the best but can it be done using an Android platform remains to be seen.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-03-16 02:34 PM
    As a person that sells security software , you have been taken. These no name security apps love when you download to gain access to your information. Priv is the most secure Android device and the only one that can't be rooted so I am sure not an issue but the app says you have something bad going on just so you will upgrade and spend money on their app.

Posted via my PRIV
    lonedog and scrannel like this.
    04-03-16 02:46 PM
    No I found conformation of the app not a weakness in BlackBerry I'm sure. Take a look...
    This is an app from back in the day it's still useful and as a matter of fact it can eliminate these issues because it copies then strips out the issues and installs it.
    I will return to my previous Antivirus software that I really feel more comfortable with I do believe it's a bit over the top.

Attached Thumbnails Key logger found?-226411.jpg  
    04-03-16 03:08 PM
    Here it is from a better top down.

Attached Thumbnails Key logger found?-226410.jpg  
    04-03-16 03:10 PM
    screen shots would be nice...
    Screen shot would have been great, but as we all know at times it is not possible. But I have caught security holes on a Priv that the phone missed.

Woof!
    04-03-16 07:01 PM
    yes and no, the phone is secure but compared to?.........other droids.........no recommendation.
    04-03-16 07:03 PM
    IMO you're being had by a no-name unknown AV application. Meme Generator isn't a keylogger, it needs access to your keyboard in order for you to enter your own captions.
    04-03-16 07:47 PM
    Troll thread detected
    artemis-kun likes this.
    04-04-16 01:50 AM
    yes and no, the phone is secure but compared to?.........other droids.........no recommendation.
    Whole reason they haven't really pushed the PRIV with enterprise... is that they can't really compete against BB10 yet. Maybe with Marshmallow they'll add in more security features that will get them on the level with BlackPhone and KNOX... but then Chen's basically said he needs a miracle for them to stay in hardware. Keep ASP where it is... and sell even more of the PRIV's than they did during the launch?
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    04-04-16 09:49 AM
    The Priv security is a joke. It's no more secure than any Android phone. Their claim of security is complete (failed) marketing hype.

Not quite true. It's marginally more secure than your run of the mill Android because it is getting regular security patches.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    04-04-16 02:57 PM
    Heads up I downloaded a new Antivirus to my phone by a company called stop bad app mobile in the Playstore and it found a key logger I had stored on my card and was running one on a mime app too.
    Will upgrade to the full version of course if I plan to keep my Priv active, after this I have really lost confidence in my Priv because it didn't catch it nor did my previous Antivirus.
    Very cool and functional phone but the security is lacking since it is an android.
    And so I guess it's back to my Passport or my Z30.
    These apps it seems by the description of the Antivirus said capture bank info. Not cool.
    Well that's my heads up to you guys and just want you guys to be careful because these boys ain't playing around.
    Now I need to check my statements... Sad very sad indeed...

Perhaps the most chicken little post I have read in a while. I'd be more concerned with your AV being a virus than any other app lol. Technically speaking, it should have flagged anything in which you input text as a keylogger, including the BlackBerry Keyboard app, that even has internet access.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    04-04-16 03:43 PM
    Perhaps the most chicken little post I have read in a while. I'd be more concerned with your AV being a virus than any other app lol. Technically speaking, it should have flagged anything in which you input text as a keylogger, including the BlackBerry Keyboard app, that even has internet access.
    Ah you forgot the one big caveat............free a lot of times is not free. Also a brand new APP should always be a red flag, in the Android world.

Woof!
    04-04-16 07:12 PM
    IMO you're being had by a no-name unknown AV application. Meme Generator isn't a keylogger, it needs access to your keyboard in order for you to enter your own captions.
    Thanks don't know how far these apps can go.

04-04-16 11:52 PM
    When an app machine that was on the market that could make apps that have a malicious code written in it and hidden quite well for about $300.00 bucks we all better start looking at the sky. ;-)

04-05-16 12:00 AM
    It's this one?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cyshield&hl=en

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Updated
    March 25, 2016

Size
    4.6M

Installs
    500,000 - 1,000,000

Current Version

Requires Android
    2.3 and up

Content Rating
    Everyone
    Learn more
    Permissions
    View details
    Flag as inappropriate
    Offered By
    Stopbadapp Mobile Security (Antivirus & Boost)

Developer
    Visit website
    Email [email protected]
    Privacy Policy
    HSB 826A CUHK SHATIN Hong Kong
    04-05-16 06:08 AM
    Priv is the most secure Android device and the only one that can't be rooted so I am sure not an issue but the app says you have something bad going on just so you will upgrade and spend money on their app.

Posted via my PRIV
    Nope. Blacphone 2
    04-05-16 06:34 AM
    Keep in mind that BB notifies when abnormal access occurs
    If you had the app there and never installed, then there's no reason for it to flag it
    BB never said they had a built in antivirus, only that DTEC will prevent odd abnormal access to personal data
    DTEK doesn't prevent anything. It just tells you what is being done. DTEK is just a reporting tool, nothing more.
    FF22 and KermEd like this.
    04-05-16 06:42 AM
    Keep in mind that BB notifies when abnormal access occurs
    If you had the app there and never installed, then there's no reason for it to flag it
    BB never said they had a built in antivirus, only that DTEC will prevent odd abnormal access to personal data
    I would say a key logger is "odd abnormal access to personal data".
    KermEd likes this.
    04-05-16 07:21 AM
    I had been using Android in parallel with BlackBerry goodies. It all depends on what you install on your phone. Like anything else, keep your common senses on and download from Known Sources.

I have never felt the need of downloading an Antivirus. Why would you want to cripple your phone? The Android phones don't give anything the root access. If anything requires high level access, then system will let you know.

Posted via Note 5
    04-06-16 06:53 AM
    DTEK doesn't prevent anything. It just tells you what is being done. DTEK is just a reporting tool, nothing more.
    And don't alert of the unusual either.

04-07-16 12:25 AM
45 12