Initial capacitive KB function on Passport did not do this...came with an OTA update...I think it initially scrolled & worked the cursor only... does the Priv do it or not?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 04:08 PM
    According to Privberry's thread and posts it doesn't.

RED  Q5 SQR100-2/10.3.2.2789 on Bell Mobility Network
    10-31-15 04:11 PM
    That would be a sorry omission having elected to disadvantage what is a great unique feature... the capacitive KB is great design... without the pinch feature it is a dud
    10-31-15 04:24 PM
    They'll most likely update the multitouch just like they did with the Passport. As you stated, the Passport has been out for about nine months until BlackBerry added pinch to zoom with keyboard to the majority of users.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 05:11 PM
    I would hope so...

They'll most likely update the multitouch just like they did with the Passport. As you stated, the Passport has been out for about nine months until BlackBerry added pinch to zoom with keyboard to the majority of users.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 05:18 PM
    I use up and down and side to side way more often than pinch to zoom. To say it's a dud without it is a stretch. Especially, since no one else does even that.

Posted via CB10
    jonwb, nbaliga and MO3iusONE like this.
    10-31-15 06:20 PM
    If only there was a large rectangular piece of hardware to interact with in the same way included with the device, something like a touch-screen perhaps...
    nward2010 and MO3iusONE like this.
    10-31-15 06:51 PM
    I believe the omission WILL put off a number who have passports with such capabilities & do not wish to backtrack...

I use up and down and side to side way more often than pinch to zoom. To say it's a dud without it is a stretch. Especially, since no one else does even that.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 08:21 PM
    I believe the omission WILL put off a number who have passports with such capabilities & do not wish to backtrack...
    I would have to think BB has higher aspirations than making all the passport users happy. To suggest that pinch to zoom is as important as scrolling makes it seem as if you're just fishing for stufff to complain about.
    10-31-15 08:39 PM
    Another thread by patapouf!
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-31-15 08:59 PM
    Yes...& the exquisite joy of annoying you as a welcome unexpected benefit I take it...

Another thread by patapouf!
    10-31-15 10:01 PM
    I'm not sure if the pinch zoom is THAT useful. My use case for the touch scroll would be when I use one hand. I can't really operate the pinch zoom with just my thumb there.

Nice to have, but not dealbreaker for me. Heck my Classic doesn't even have it...
    10-31-15 10:19 PM
    I'm sure the lack of pinch to zoom is going to cause the Priv to fail because it's the number one feature everyone is looking for. LOL. What a joke.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 10:55 PM
    I would have to think BB has higher aspirations than making all the passport users happy. To suggest that pinch to zoom is as important as scrolling makes it seem as if you're just fishing for stufff to complain about.
    No. But this has been a feature that we have come to love on the Passport and I use it a lot when I navigate websites. I started to do the same on the trackpad of the MacBook 12 inch. It is now an absolute MUST have on a laptop. For me, the Passport has replaced my laptop for 90% of the time.

Unfortunately, this is another example of BlackBerry disappointing its current customers by taking away features. Blend, BBM video and multitasking are also lost on the Priv.

Even if BlackBerry is not chasing the Passport users with the Priv, the fact that it does not treat existing customers with the utmost respect and attention is not a good signal to new customers.
    Last edited by sorinv; 11-02-15 at 08:27 AM.
    10-31-15 11:57 PM
    I'm sure the lack of pinch to zoom is going to cause the Priv to fail because it's the number one feature everyone is looking for. LOL. What a joke.

Posted via CB10
    It depends on what you are used to.

I laugh at people who say they need banking apps, or android apps in general. I can do much better with the browser.
    Many more features when I access my bank's website.

I have a MacBook and no Apple apps, nor an Apple account.

We are all different. Especially people using BlackBerry. If we wanted to be like everybody else, we'd all be on android and IoS, already.
    11-01-15 12:02 AM