Just been thinking of what will become. I've been a blackberry user since the good old pearl way back when, and have owned several different curves and bolds over the years. I currently own a leap, passport and Q10, all imo excellent devices all with there own merits. I've been watching news of the slider closely and can see myself wanting this phone when it is released just because of what it is.

I nearly went away from blackberry when my contract was up last year but heard news of the passports release and had to have one.

The passport is an excellent device and is an absolutely brilliant device for email, text etc, I use this phone to help run my two business, but I do find it a little big, hence the Q10, I got the leap to see what it was all about and because it was cheap! After using these three devices I have come to this conclusion about the slider.

In this day and age isn't the slide out keyboard a little bit out of date? I have only owned two touch screen phones in my time, my leap and a HTC black Diamond windows phone after my pearl, the touch screen on the HTC was dreadful and I sent it back after 2 days! In the era of my HTC I can see why you would want a slide out keyboard! However times have changed, touch screen is the norm and it really is excellent on my leap! (I've typed this on it) it just seems to work very well, it's a bit odd coming from pkb but it works well unlike on the HTC. I think this leaves the sliding keyboard a little out of date! Every one who I know who bought the torch has never owned a blackberry device again, surely the slider will stir up some bad memories for people and further tarnish blackberry's name?

So here's what I think, scrap the slider (I know this won't happen and it will probably be a top phone, regardless of os) and bring out a full touch to rival the top spec androids and iPhone (maybe the slider would be the BlackBerry skinned android one), then for business bring out an updated passport and passport mini. Imagine some thing Q10 sized with passport style touch sensitive keyboard and better specs than the current passport!? I think people would buy both devices and maybe the touch as well. I would like to think the os would be bb11, why not change the name let people know things have come a bit long way since the opening days of bb10! What's your thoughts? I'd have all 3 devices regardless of cost, one for office, one for the road and some thing for the weekend.

Posted via CB10
    chgaida likes this.
    08-16-15 03:47 PM
    Scrap everything that isn't an all-touch device. That's what I think. But make it powerful like the android phones out there.
    08-16-15 04:39 PM
    Scrap everything that isn't an all-touch device. That's what I think. But make it powerful like the android phones out there.
    If they did Passport specs a 1080p slate device and actually promote it on things like the magical TV and radio they might find it sells
    08-16-15 04:47 PM
    I just hope this trend to Super Sized Phones ends soon, I'm happy with the size of my Z10. When I want a bigger screen then I will use a Tab, Period.
    jas1978 likes this.
    08-16-15 05:42 PM
    I disagree. And there are many people on here who disagree. I have owned many touchscreen phones and I find the typing experience to be a cumbersome chore. I, as well as many people who stick with blackberry for this reason alone, enjoy typing on a pkb

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-16-15 05:58 PM
    I just hope this trend to Super Sized Phones ends soon, I'm happy with the size of my Z10. When I want a bigger screen then I will use a Tab, Period.
    5-5.5 inch is not big at all, if anything that's perfect size

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 06:00 PM
    I disagree. And there are many people on here who disagree. I have owned many touchscreen phones and I find the typing experience to be a cumbersome chore. I, as well as many people who stick with blackberry for this reason alone, enjoy typing on a pkb

Posted via CB10
    I love a pkb and use my passport and Q10 all the time for work. You are much more productive typing on the real thing rather than glass. Is there a need for the slider though? Surely the screen on a passport is more than optimum for any one. I just personally see the slider as an outdated idea, vkb have come along way since the torch was introduced.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 06:29 PM
    If my vision was as good today as it was in my 30s, I would want a phone with the Z10's form factor. In my mid 40's, anything smaller than a Z30 is too small.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 06:36 PM
    5-5.5 inch is not big at all, if anything that's perfect size

Posted via CB10
    To each his own, I find the Z30 too large for my needs but I may have to get one if BlackBerry don't bring out anything smaller soon.
    08-16-15 07:47 PM