My first impressions are that the slider mechanism isn't quite as easy as the Dell venue Pro that I used to own, but it still feels nice and solid, and the keyboard is really small and cramped compared to the Passport. That'll take some getting used to.

I have found the Tips, Tricks and Discoveries thread,a nd will check that out, but I have 3 specific questions for people who have made the transition:

1. What's the best file management app? I have had the Android phone for a day, and just feel like I can't find anything.

2. What are you using for photo management? I used an AT&T app to transfer photos from my old phone, but it seemed to miss a lot of them. Then I found the Blackberry app, and pulled a lot more, but now I have duplicates, and the Google photos app seems to be choking trying to find my photos. I appear to have duplicate folders and photos, and want a good app to help clean that up, and list all photos in 1 location.

3. Are you using the Blackberry launcher? I downloaded an app called CM Launcher, which was very slick, but also left me feeling like I had just bought a Dell PC because of all the bloatware and ads. The Blackberry launcher isn't much to brag about though. I took a peek at some Windows 10 emulation launchers that seemed pretty interesting, and see several other that look very nice. What has worked best for you, and seems not to be intrusive?

Any other advice you'd like to offer would be welcome. I'm still getting used to various swipes not doing what I expect them to do, and haven't yet figured out how to get the virtual row of numbers to pop up. I'm sure that will come in due time. Addressing these 3 will lower my stress level considerably.
    12-01-16 09:18 AM
    Hello there, hope you enjoy the experience... I can give you my opinion regarding your questions, and me as you went from passport to priv... the kb is cramped, yes, but you will get used to it... I never felt as happy with this kb as I was with the passport one, which it's obvious due to the wider room, but you will find your way... regarding the file manager, I use Solid Explorer and I like it, but also you will see the Asus one with a lot of recommendations... regarding the pictures transfer, I would delete everything and start all over, since seems like the BlackBerry transfer did the trick for you (assuming the duplicates were due to the AT&T app)... finally, the BlackBerry launcher is necessary if you want to use the kb shortcuts... you can also use an app to remap the kb keys and then you can use any launcher... hope this helps... good luck!
    Tim Heard likes this.
    12-01-16 09:49 AM
    Solid Explorer seems to be one of the best file manager apps. Quite a few people around here use it. There will be a lot of advice coming about photo management apps, but I use the stock Google photos app and I don't have any issues with it. I have a lot of photos. Once you get a file manager it will get easier have you updated the OS to Marshmallow and updated all of the BlackBerry Limited apps on the Google play store? I'm perfectly satisfied with the BlackBerry Launcher. It does everything I need it to do and I don't need 16 levels of customization. But that's just me. You'll get a lot of replies about that also.
    Tim Heard likes this.
    12-01-16 09:52 AM
    One more question.... Is there anything like BlackBerry Blend for the Priv that will link the phone and a Windows PC?
    12-01-16 12:13 PM
    One more question.... Is there anything like BlackBerry Blend for the Priv that will link the phone and a Windows PC?
    There are a few Blend threads where folks discuss alternatives. I don't know how close but some suggest Airdroid and others pushbullet. I only use the file transfer aspect of airdroid, the rest has escaped me.

I sorely miss Blend and actually, still have me Z30 feeding blend data to two laptops and my desktop computer. I even took my Z30 on a vacation of sorts so that it could provide full sized into on my laptop.
    Tim Heard likes this.
    12-01-16 01:48 PM
    I wish the priv came in this size
    Just switched from a Passport-img_20161201_235100.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-01-16 10:58 PM
    If you just want basic file browsing functionality...all you need to do is go to Settings/USB & Storage, tap the storage you want to access, and hit 'Explorer' at the bottom and you can browse through all the directories on your device, delete and copy files, etc. This capability is already built into Android but for whatever reason they buried it under Settings. A simple shortcut or two would solve this problem for most people!
    FF22 likes this.
    12-02-16 08:57 AM
    Thanks. That's definitely an odd way to set it up. Another oddity I'm observing is that if I ask an app to delete a bunch of pictures, Android is making me manually locate the folder and change some permissions on it. Any shortcut around having to do that would be much appreciated.

If you just want basic file browsing functionality...all you need to do is go to Settings/USB & Storage, tap the storage you want to access, and hit 'Explorer' at the bottom and you can browse through all the directories on your device, delete and copy files, etc. This capability is already built into Android but for whatever reason they buried it under Settings. A simple shortcut or two would solve this problem for most people!
    12-02-16 09:18 AM
    When I was a kid, I remember giving my grandmother a VCR so she could watch videos of us. Later, when we came for a visit, the time and date setting was still flashing. It was pretty clear that she hadn't touched it.
    Using this PRIV, I feel some sympathy for my grandmother. I find myself just wishing that my Passport hadn't gone buggy and that I could just keep on using what I'm used to.
    It was tempting to just buy another Passport, but BlackBerry has never given BB10 much support and that's only going to get worse moving forward.
    I know that 6 months from now, I'll love this phone. I can't stand the learning curve though.
    ... Definitely getting old.
    12-02-16 09:56 AM
    Thanks. That's definitely an odd way to set it up. Another oddity I'm observing is that if I ask an app to delete a bunch of pictures, Android is making me manually locate the folder and change some permissions on it. Any shortcut around having to do that would be much appreciated.
    You MAY be able to fix that by going to Main Settings, App, find the App and then Looking at the Permissions. Grant that App permission to work on files/folders. You may also need to provide access to the sd-card which can sometimes be a separate permission.
    Tim Heard likes this.
    12-02-16 10:54 AM
    I wish the priv came in this size
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161201_235100.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	413297

Posted via CB10
    No, you don't. Using an iPhone 6s Plus & then picking up the Priv, the Priv is perfectly sized.
    so crow likes this.
    12-02-16 11:39 AM
    Nah. I'd definitely prefer that it be about the size he represented. At least in terms of width.
    Last edited by Tim Heard; 12-02-16 at 08:29 PM.
    12-02-16 03:32 PM