I think BlackBerry would love this, but I doubt Google would allow it.
    Unless new arrangements we're not aware off, this would mean the BB10 would be w/o Android R.T.
    (again, speculating over speculations)
    09-21-15 08:55 AM
    Honestly I would welcome a BB10 variant of the slider. What's making everyone touchy is that there have been numerous posters/articles/photos/videos to suggest that the slider will be running Android and yet people persist with the dual boots, hypervisor etc. Hell CrackBerry even moved the slider to a Android on BlackBerry forum. If that's not proof that it's not happening atm I don't know what is. Maybe BlackBerry will make me eat my words in a month or whenever it comes out, but as for now nothing suggests they will.

Posted via CB10
    i hope BBRY will make you eat your words... nom nom nom
    09-21-15 09:04 AM
    And it stated that the phone shown off at MWC was running BB10, which I completely forgot about. This means that's it's very much possible they will release the phone with dual OS's for those who prefer BB10 over Android in the Venice.

"Posted from the Beast PP"
    If that would ever happen, i hope it's not dual bot. I rather have a phone with Android, and another with BB10, like the HTC One that has a WP version and a Anrdoid version. Most people will only use 1 OS, but if it was dual boot, they would have to carry 2 OS's by no reason just using space on the device
    09-21-15 09:20 AM
    i hope BBRY will make you eat your words... nom nom nom
    I do too, nothing wrong with having options. At the same time people need to understand why they're making the shift to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 09:27 AM
    If that would ever happen, i hope it's not dual bot. I rather have a phone with Android, and another with BB10, like the HTC One that has a WP version and a Anrdoid version. Most people will only use 1 OS, but if it was dual boot, they would have to carry 2 OS's by no reason just using space on the device
    I think dual boating was a dream that some had when hypervisor was being talked about being release later this year...

I think some just can't let go of BB10 or believe the world could continue without it... so some are hoping for a device with an "OS loader" on it that will install either OS, but not both, on your device. But it would have to be an Android free version of BB10, and I just doubt that would be marketable.... if they were doing that, they'd need native developers more than before. And yet it seems as if they don't really care about native app development.

What we have seen... is Android, plan and simple Android with a couple of BB10 apps and a secure boot image. NO SIGN of BB10. And I think that's all we are going to get.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    09-21-15 09:49 AM
    PLEASE, please... Check your spelling. It's DUAL boot.
    09-21-15 10:02 AM
    NO SIGN of BB10
    THAT is a fact.
    No sign whatsoever.
    But we can keep dreaming, provided we're aware it's only pure speculation, whishes or hopes, isn't it ?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-21-15 10:26 AM
    This was in march, they clearly realized android is where it's at.
    I think BlackBerry would love this, but I doubt Google would allow it.
    To both:

There are a whole slew of leaked versions of BB10 out there. Who's to say that one won't work? Even if the ROM and or firmware for the Venice are not compatible with the latest version of BB10 it would not be that hard to make it happen. Considering that someone went out of their way to create Sachesi and another with Darcy Tools.... and the former Berry Leaks team... I think it is plausible that a Squirclemod will be developed.

Unless new arrangements we're not aware off, this would mean the BB10 would be w/o Android R.T.
    (again, speculating over speculations)
    I could be wrong but as far as I know one has to be a member of OHA first before one can violate the OHA guidelines. Amazon got away with it because they are not a member of the OHA. As of right now, I have yet to see mention of BlackBerry becoming a member, too.

Even if BlackBerry is now a member of OHA, or are restricted from building BB10 with ART, they could always build BB10 phones with ART through QNX (that is, QNX the company) and other work-arounds.

Talk of Google/Google Play on BB10 goes back at least two years and one thing is certain: no one knows if BlackBerry would have to join the OHA in order to gain access to Google Play/GS or not. Typically, the answer would be yes but Google has been sliding with GPS (that is, loosing out to iTunes/App Store big time) so it is possible they'd allow BlackBerry to run GPS/GS without having to be a member.
    Last edited by crucial bbq; 09-21-15 at 10:50 AM.
    09-21-15 10:36 AM
    I wish the word Hypervisor could be banned from use here. I've never seen people get so riled up over one word and throwing it out there every other post. We might as well call it Ultramegamonster. It would have the same meaning.
    09-21-15 10:46 AM
    Found this on twitter. Sure its fake but on a serious note I had to call Rogers for support for my Passport. Rep told me the Venice was called the illuminati

Attachment 372142 Attachment 372143
    Really? Then I'm not buying just on principle. What a crappy name. Honestly, Rogers reps know squat on the best day.
    09-21-15 10:57 AM
    We might as well call it Ultramegamonster
    Not bad, but I'm partial to Flying Spaghetti Monster.
    09-21-15 10:57 AM
    Not bad, but I'm partial to Flying Spaghetti Monster.
    Now we are talking
    09-21-15 10:58 AM
    Typically, the answer would be yes but Google has been sliding with GPS (that is, loosing out to iTunes/App Store big time) so it is possible they'd allow BlackBerry to run GPS/GS without having to be a member.
    Wow, that's an interesting point of view ... I thought I was the most lunar here !
    But in this scenario, why should they go Android ? BB10 missing link is GPS/Apps so, if they made such a deal ...

Again, IDK ... this is just a pleasant brainstorming game ...

P.S: QNX is a division of BlackBerry, I doubt you can split them so easily.
    and this :
    There are a whole slew of leaked versions of BB10 out there. Who's to say that one won't work? Even if the ROM and or firmware for the Venice are not compatible with the latest version of BB10 it would not be that hard to make it happen. Considering that someone went out of their way to create Sachesi and another with Darcy Tools.... and the former Berry Leaks team... I think it is plausible that a Squirclemod will be developed.
    Just forget it
    09-21-15 11:52 AM
    Some of you guys are a little too touchy on this subject. Clearly the picture shows the phone running BB10, so yes, there is a possibility they will. Personally I really don't care, not a slider type, nor android but some people actually want this phone with BB10.

Exactly, touchy, feely.

Our friends� sources at BlackBerryCzech also indicated earlier that it runs BB10.

Attachment 372129

"Posted from the Beast PP"
    09-21-15 12:26 PM
    They didn't show the phone running anything. It was a 5 second shot of the phone opened up which probably didn't have working software on it.
    That is a damn good point. Maybe that is why they (at Baka) basically did not show any features and only told us "we had limited time hands-on".
    09-21-15 12:28 PM
    Wow, that's an interesting point of view ... I thought I was the most lunar here !
    But in this scenario, why should they go Android ? BB10 missing link is GPS/Apps so, if they made such a deal ...

Again, IDK ... this is just a pleasant brainstorming game ...

P.S: QNX is a division of BlackBerry, I doubt you can split them so easily.
    and this :

Just forget it
    Believe me, I am far beyond lunar

Google's apps are available for iOS. Proof right there that you do not need GPS for that. Other proof, CrackBerry users who have installed GPS and Google apps onto their BB10 phones. Not sure how well they work since you need the libraries installed for GS...

Considering that the Amazon App Store has all of the major Android titles minus those "exclusive" Google apps, Google could just bring their products to BB10, but they are not.

Google decided not to port their apps to W8 phones because they felt it was a waste of time and money considering WinPhone's small user base. BB10 users heard this one, too, and BlackBerry's user base is like 1/20th of what Microsoft has and this includes those ~2/3s of BlackBerry users who are still on BBOS.

Then again Google competes directly with Microsoft in search, cloud storage, online advertising, and a few others. Google really does not compete with BlackBerry in any way shape or form.

Google only brought their apps to iOS because financially it made sense and was something that Google could not say no to considering iOSs complete dominance over mobile revenues. Otherwise, Google would rather have all of their products locked to Android.

There has been rumor of GPS coming to W10 phones, but some sources say it is definitely not happening. I do believe that MS wants this, though, so who knows.

So what's the deal with a BlackBerry Android considering that BB sales are far below those of WinPhone? Money... ...for Google. The only way this is happening is because it is going to make financial sense for Google to do so and not necessarily for BlackBerry. And how so? Well, with BES12. I'll bet good money on the idea that Google is only partnering with BlackBerry in such a way that Google is going to share in some of the Bes12 profits, perhaps amongst others, will finally be able to compete against Samsung/Knox, and in exchange BlackBerry gets GPS/GS on the phones (Android, too, obviously) which could finally be the move that will allow BlackBerry to move past WinPhone which was BlackBerry's original intent like three years ago with BB10.

Of course it is all brainstorming; none of us really know the reasons. But I think that logically it makes little sense for BlackBerry to go Android simply because BB10 "failed" when the reality is that BlackBerry is going to repeat all of those same mistakes. Heins wanted to make BlackBerry the phone relevant again and relied almost entirely on BlackBerry's prior reputation to make it happen. Chen wants to make BlackBerry the company relevant and like Heins he is going to rely solely on "Android"/GPS to sell this phone, I bet. As with the past, I just do not see Chen/BlackBerry actually making an effort to advertise this phone (Venice) outside of Bes12.

I'm also betting that Google bringing GPS to BlackBerry is pure revenge against Amazon considering that Google is still pizzed over Fire and legally has no ground for repercussion being that Amazon is not a member of OHA.
    igor10000 likes this.
    09-21-15 01:31 PM

Of course it is all brainstorming; none of us really know the reasons. But I think that logically it makes little sense for BlackBerry to go Android simply because BB10 "failed" when the reality is that BlackBerry is going to repeat all of those same mistakes. Heins wanted to make BlackBerry the phone relevant again and relied almost entirely on BlackBerry's prior reputation to make it happen. Chen wants to make BlackBerry the company relevant and like Heins he is going to rely solely on "Android"/GPS to sell this phone, I bet. As with the past, I just do not see Chen/BlackBerry actually making an effort to advertise this phone (Venice) outside of Bes12.

I'm also betting that Google bringing GPS to BlackBerry is pure revenge against Amazon considering that Google is still pizzed over Fire and legally has no ground for repercussion being that Amazon is not a member of OHA.
    Chen's intent is to make BB a software company. Selling their productivity suites of apps to all the platforms: iOS, Andy, Windows. Having a handset is just a means to that end. The phone will be used to show off the BB Suites.

That's why I believe the Slider won't be the only BB choice for those still wanting a BB OS type of user interface and apps. Won't be long until you can get an IPhone, or another android phone, and just purchase the BB apps separately. Of course what the price is will be another matter.
    09-21-15 03:43 PM

Google's apps are available for iOS. Proof right there that you do not need GPS for that. Other proof, CrackBerry users who have installed GPS and Google apps onto their BB10 phones. Not sure how well they work since you need the libraries installed for GS...

Considering that the Amazon App Store has all of the major Android titles minus those "exclusive" Google apps, Google could just bring their products to BB10, but they are not.

Google decided not to port their apps to W8 phones because they felt it was a waste of time and money considering WinPhone's small user base. BB10 users heard this one, too, and BlackBerry's user base is like 1/20th of what Microsoft has and this includes those ~2/3s of BlackBerry users who are still on BBOS.

Then again Google competes directly with Microsoft in search, cloud storage, online advertising, and a few others. Google really does not compete with BlackBerry in any way shape or form.

Google only brought their apps to iOS because financially it made sense and was something that Google could not say no to considering iOSs complete dominance over mobile revenues. Otherwise, Google would rather have all of their products locked to Android.

There has been rumor of GPS coming to W10 phones, but some sources say it is definitely not happening. I do believe that MS wants this, though, so who knows.

So what's the deal with a BlackBerry Android considering that BB sales are far below those of WinPhone? Money... ...for Google. The only way this is happening is because it is going to make financial sense for Google to do so and not necessarily for BlackBerry. And how so? Well, with BES12. I'll bet good money on the idea that Google is only partnering with BlackBerry in such a way that Google is going to share in some of the Bes12 profits, perhaps amongst others, will finally be able to compete against Samsung/Knox, and in exchange BlackBerry gets GPS/GS on the phones (Android, too, obviously) which could finally be the move that will allow BlackBerry to move past WinPhone which was BlackBerry's original intent like three years ago with BB10.

Way too complex.

Anyone get GPS if that entity follows the guidelines. BlackBerry is, most likely, figuring out how to follow the guidelines.

Nah, no "revenge" against Amazon or convoluted BES profit-sharing scheme. BlackBerry needs a hardware offering with a good ecosystem.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-21-15 04:19 PM
    @crutial bbq
    We can run APKS (requiring a low Android version, due to the abandon of Dalvik for ART) that do not rely on GS. We can patch APKS to make them believe GS is here... but that's it: believe, not use.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-22-15 at 01:01 PM.
    09-21-15 05:07 PM
    So, am I the only one who despises Google so much that I consider the absence of GPS a benefit?

Richard
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-22-15 10:36 PM
    Google is watching Amazon use extra Fire Phones for coasters and chuckling all the while. Amazon app store is no threat to them. Amazon is so desperate in hardware they are literally selling cheap Fire tablets by the six-pack.
    09-22-15 11:04 PM
    Google is watching Amazon use extra Fire Phones for coasters and chuckling all the while. Amazon app store is no threat to them. Amazon is so desperate in hardware they are literally selling cheap Fire tablets by the six-pack.
    Plus a free year of Amazon prime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-22-15 11:07 PM
    Here is another article:

http://www.androidauthority.com/exci...venice-643867/

Again, a lot of positive feedback!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-22-15 11:20 PM
    Don't expect a dual boot; but dual options would be decidedly pleasant. I realize I might be unrealistic, of course. 😓

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-22-15 11:25 PM
49 12