I talked to 3 different rogers people and they all said 799, so that's how much I am expecting from Rogers, otherwise off to shopBB for me.
    10-23-15 05:56 PM
    I talked to 3 different rogers people and they all said 799, so that's how much I am expecting from Rogers, otherwise off to shopBB for me.
    That's a surprise!. Oh, hang on, that's what I paid yesterday....
    10-23-15 08:07 PM
    That's a surprise!. Oh, hang on, that's what I paid yesterday....
    Wind has it now. I hope they put thier price up and make it 799 so I can cancel rogers before they charge me.
    10-23-15 08:25 PM
    Wind has it now. I hope they put thier price up and make it 799 so I can cancel rogers before they charge me.
    I am so waiting for dc2000's "I told you so" now...
    10-23-15 08:50 PM
    I am so waiting for dc2000's "I told you so" now...
    I never doubted him.

EDIT: at this point, it's just price.
    10-23-15 08:53 PM
    I never doubted him.
    Sure, but he's just all over the place sometimes, just by reading through this page. One minute he says 799, next minute "he saw 899 in-store". You just don't know what's what.
    10-23-15 08:56 PM
    I do believe I bought at 799 plus tax (v.s.) just sayin" Check the thread title SMH Regardless, my work here is done. Like I said, "you can lead a horse to water...." lol
    10-23-15 09:04 PM
    Got mine ordered.........but I still love my Passport.......I'm so torn lol.

Wonder if Blackberry Blend works with Priv?
    10-24-15 12:32 AM
    I suppose that CAD 799.99 is a good bargain price (CAD 100.99 cheaper than the price quoted at Shop BlackBerry) .

BlackBerry Passport is presently offered for CAD 699.99 at Rogers' website.

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...Province%3AON)

Just ordered from Rogers, price confirmed at 799.99 plus tax-img_20151024_161325.png

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 02:20 AM
    Got mine ordered.........but I still love my Passport.......I'm so torn lol.

Wonder if Blackberry Blend works with Priv?
    Waiting for telus, going to buy on that day and already posted my passport on clist
    10-24-15 02:34 AM
    Unless you have a plan that they do not offer and can not renew or a grandfather plan, there would be no point in signing one as you will pay more in 2 years (contract length) than buying the phone out right.

Lets play the example game.

Priv is 799.99 or 399.99 on 2year from rogers and they will make me sign a contract at that price.

I pay 53$ tax in for unlimited everything and 5gb of data , two years i pay 1272$

1272 + 895.6 (priv tax in ) = 2167

If i want the same plan from Rogers its 112 x 24 = 2688

2688 + 447.98 (priv subsidized tax in ) = 3135
    Fair enough. That however is not the painted scenario for everyone.

I love the example game:

Why just recently my buddy called up Bell and got a better plan rate while doing a hardware upgrade. Because while he thought he had a great plan and was more then satisfied with it, the rep noticed something better within the current lineup of plans and offered more service at a slightly lower rate. The only stipulation was that he needed to re-sign in a 2 year agreement. Which he was prepared to do anyway in order to subsidize the phone he wanted.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    10-24-15 07:22 AM
    For those looking to buy outright, consider WIND instead. WIND only charges $30 for unlocking, in the event a third party unlock is not available yet.

BlackBerry PRIV
    WIND Mobile | Devices

Heck maybe dc2000 has employee pricing.
    Jahcure likes this.
    10-24-15 07:47 AM
    Also I was thinking, doesn't the 399/2yr and 799 off contract price violate the CRTC wireless code? I thought it was specified all the monthly payments over the 2 years cannot exceed the no-contract price?

Assuming it is a premium tab, the Rogers fee for Share Everything is $20 a month, so:

$399 + $20 x 24 = $879 which is greater than $799?
    10-24-15 07:51 AM
    Some plans, especially good ones dating back to the 3-year contract era grandfathered ones now have no-upgrade notes on them. You will need to sign the new contract with an in-market plan.

Mainly to increase the monthly to cover for that "subsidy".
    Ya I've seen that scenario as well. But there are cases were the plan the user has wasn't the appropriate plan for their usage to begin with or their usage over time has changed, meaning they're paying more per month due to extra data consumption primarily.

In cases such as these, getting a current plan at cheaper or equivalent rate with additional service add by signing into an agreement is a win win. Again it's all relative to the individual situation. I personally have had a great track record with my carriers customer service. I've had to push them on occasion and get their customer loyalty departments to circumvent their standard practice but I always seem to come out on top!

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    10-24-15 08:32 AM
    Also I was thinking, doesn't the 399/2yr and 799 off contract price violate the CRTC wireless code? I thought it was specified all the monthly payments over the 2 years cannot exceed the no-contract price?

Assuming it is a premium tab, the Rogers fee for Share Everything is $20 a month, so:

$399 + $20 x 24 = $879 which is greater than $799?
    Wow! If you're right you just got yourself and everyone else a solid bargaining chip!

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    10-24-15 08:35 AM
    Ya I've seen that scenario as well. But there are cases were the plan the user has wasn't the appropriate plan for their usage to begin with or their usage over time has changed, meaning they're paying more per month due to extra data consumption primarily.

In cases such as these, getting a current plan at cheaper or equivalent rate with additional service add by signing into an agreement is a win win. Again it's all relative to the individual situation. I personally have had a great track record with my carriers customer service. I've had to push them on occasion and get their customer loyalty departments to circumvent their standard practice but I always seem to come out on top!

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    I pay $65 with 6GB of data.........the in-market plan for what I have is $125 now Rogers say...so I'm SOL with ever being ever able to get subsidized upgrades. They did say they would be willing to give me like $150 off the hardware - I laughed, and I laughed, and I laughed
    10-24-15 09:10 AM
    Wow! If you're right you just got yourself and everyone else a solid bargaining chip!

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    Well I could be wrong, as I haven't looked into the wireless code recently so my memory is hazy. It could be for the cancellation penalty calculation only. Alternatively it could mean the contract is effectively shorter than 2 years, more like 20 months because at the 4th month you can cancel without any penalty. Experts can chime in please.

This is the actual terms:

(i) When a subsidized device is provided as part of the contract,

a. for fixed-term contracts: The early cancellation fee must not exceed the value of the device subsidy. The early cancellation fee must be reduced by an equal amount each month, for the lesser of 24 months or the total number of months in the contract term, such that the early cancellation fee is reduced to $0 by the end of the period.

b. for indeterminate contracts: The early cancellation fee must not exceed the value of the device subsidy. The early cancellation fee must be reduced by an equal amount each month, over a maximum of 24 months, such that the early cancellation fee is reduced to $0 by the end of the period.

(ii) When calculating the early cancellation fee,

a. the value of the device subsidy is the retail price of the device minus the amount that the customer paid for the device when the contract was agreed to; and

b. the retail price of the device is the lesser of the manufacturer’s suggested retail price or the price set for the device when it is purchased from the service provider without a contract.
    http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2013/2013-271.htm
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 10-24-15 at 09:25 AM.
    10-24-15 09:12 AM
    Trying to cancel the preorder, havent gotten my money back. Terrible customer service. Why do I have bad luck with rogers.
    10-24-15 02:42 PM
    Trying to cancel the preorder, havent gotten my money back. Terrible customer service. Why do I have bad luck with rogers.
    You won't get your money back - comes back as a credit on your statement - it's in the agreement when you pre-ordered...CS has been pretty crap especially after all these 2-yr contracts came into effect
    10-24-15 03:39 PM
    Huh? Did you pay out money upon pre-order with Rogers? I certainly didn't
    10-24-15 03:39 PM
    Huh? Did you pay out money upon pre-order with Rogers? I certainly didn't
    $40 reservation charge?
    10-24-15 03:47 PM
    yeah the 40 dollar charge. I didnt know WIND would have it at the time.
    10-24-15 04:05 PM
    To be clear the reservation charge is a deposit -- you get it back when either your res is fulfilled (i.e. It ships) or if you cancel your pre-order.

Long story short: you always get the $40 back.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 08:25 AM
    Spoke to Rogers today and it looks like I can not keep my plan if I want a subsidy for the Priv. Currently on a 6GB plan for $55. The rep told me "everyone is just going to the share everything plans". Ya.. add another $11-12 and get one less GB. Sounds great!!

Anyways.. looks like I may be waiting on this phone. Definitely disappointed. Wanted to grab one next week!

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    10-26-15 02:01 PM
    Spoke to Rogers today and it looks like I can not keep my plan if I want a subsidy for the Priv. Currently on a 6GB plan for $55. The rep told me "everyone is just going to the share everything plans". Ya.. add another $11-12 and get one less GB. Sounds great!!

Anyways.. looks like I may be waiting on this phone. Definitely disappointed. Wanted to grab one next week!

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    Not an issue specific to the Priv. If you do ANY upgrade you'll have to switch to the new BS plans, and that includes grandfathered corporate plans starting Nov 1.
    10-26-15 02:11 PM
109 ... 2345