As the title says, I just ordered y Priv on Verizon (finally!) and I would love to hear from current owners what accessories do I need to grab?

How's the quality on the BB leather holster? Is that the best case?

Is the sync pod the same one that they sell for the Classic (and if so, can I use my old classic sync pod)?

Are there other accessories that are "must haves?"
    03-04-16 10:01 PM
    Well since the stock charger doesn't support Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0, you should get a charger that does. It's way faster.
    03-04-16 10:59 PM
    As the title says, I just ordered y Priv on Verizon (finally!) and I would love to hear from current owners what accessories do I need to grab?

How's the quality on the BB leather holster? Is that the best case?

Is the sync pod the same one that they sell for the Classic (and if so, can I use my old classic sync pod)?

Are there other accessories that are "must haves?"
    The holster is good, though perhaps not as sturdy as the older holster -- such as the Z30, Q10. It works fine.

The sync pod base is the same as the one used for the Classic or Passport. But the "nest" that positions the device with/without case is different. You can buy the nest to suit the Priv separately! I picked up 2 of these and use them on my Passport sync pods. http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-...A100A22196.htm

And jm1219 is correct. A QC charger is a great investment. There is a noticeable difference in charging speed.

Enjoy your Priv!
    03-05-16 08:19 AM
    I too am looking for some awesome accessories for my "soon to be ordered" vzw Priv.

Mainly I'm looking for a USB dock/cradle that you guys have posted. I do not think I will be rocking a case with it but perhaps a skin of some sort, not set on that yet.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 08:21 AM
    Definitely a QC 2.0 external battery pack or a wall charger.

I just have the external battery which I use around 9-10pm to top up the battery for the next couple hours.

It charges so fast, you will be spoiled.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-05-16 08:27 AM
    I don't use a case but did pick up a Qualcomm 2.0 quick charger. It's blazing fast.

Posted securely from my Priv
    rcab likes this.
    03-05-16 09:02 AM
    A QC 2.0 charger is nice but if you have a Blackberry playbook charger it works great too. Another way to multi purpose.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-05-16 11:00 AM
    As stated, a quickcharge charger is a no-brainer and must have. If you rely on HDMI then a slimport HDMI adapter is another must have. (I cast, but often the HDMI comes in handy, esp when traveling and hitting up hotels) a Class 10 SD card is a must have (200GB SD card is highly recommended, definitely you will want 64GB+) I am not a fan of any of the cases for the Priv, so if you want that faux-nekkid feel without the fear of scratching or scuffing it looming, I recommend the clear ArmourSuit full-body skin, the SIKAI screen protector and the Martin Fields lens protector. This gives you that pseudo-nude appeal with added protection... However, if you require more shock and want not for your Priv I simply recommend NOT getting the OEM hard shell case... Depending on the variant you receive there is a high chance of it damaging your device. There were various reports early on and while there has been a second variation of this case released that seemed to have corrected the issue, it's hard to truly know what you're getting. The other 2 OEM case options -the leather flip case and the pouch thing- seem to be fine.

I have the STV100 model which supports wireless charging, so I also recommend the Qi wireless charger but I am not certain what Verizon's model is packing as far as wireless charging goes... For T-Mobile and ShopBlackBerry Priv owners I recommend this accessory as well...

Last edited by CivilDissident; 03-07-16 at 06:28 PM.
    03-05-16 11:30 AM
    Vzw has incipio back case. I got it and it's nice, but pricey thought $30

03-05-16 01:59 PM
    Well since the stock charger doesn't support Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0, you should get a charger that does. It's way faster.
    I wonder if the Playbook charger I've used for years on the Z10 and Z30 will work for the Priv?

Also, is there a different Qi charger for this higher charging type phone? Or will my older ones for the Z30 work?
    03-05-16 02:58 PM
    I wonder if the Playbook charger I've used for years on the Z10 and Z30 will work for the Priv?

Also, is there a different Qi charger for this higher charging type phone? Or will my older ones for the Z30 work?
    I've heard the PlayBook charger will charge this phone quicker than the stock charger but not as fast as a QC2.0 charger.

All of your previous Qi chargers work the same as the new ones. The only difference is that some newer one have a triple coil setup, so you don't really have to worry about how you place the phone on the pad.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-05-16 03:04 PM
    I picked up a QC car charger because I've had several cases where I realized I forgot to charge my phone overnight and needed to get a charge in the car.

Also thinking about getting a bigger and higher class SD card. But not sure I really need 1080p or 4k video.
    03-05-16 03:21 PM
    I picked up a QC car charger because I've had several cases where I realized I forgot to charge my phone overnight and needed to get a charge in the car.

Also thinking about getting a bigger and higher class SD card. But not sure I really need 1080p or 4k video.
    I see Verizon sells their own label QC car charger.
    03-05-16 05:50 PM
    I will confirm that the PlayBook charger is faster than stock but slower than a quick charger.

blambtn likes this.
    03-06-16 11:10 PM
    I just bought myself a original Blackberry pouch, and two Aukey QC chargers

03-06-16 11:24 PM
    A spare battery?
    asublimeday likes this.
    03-07-16 02:31 PM
    I just got the verizon Priv and I adore the BB interactive case.. it just adds to the usefulness .. great accessory
    03-07-16 03:31 PM
    Here is another accessorie you might like the seidio case in garnet red

Attached Thumbnails Just ordered my VZW Priv - what accessories are "must haves?"-111880.jpg  
    03-07-16 04:32 PM
    Pic of the front I think it makes the priv look stunning

Attached Thumbnails Just ordered my VZW Priv - what accessories are "must haves?"-111879.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    03-07-16 04:33 PM

I saw that the SanDisk 200gb memory cards were on sale a couple of weeks ago so I grabbed one. Love it.

Posted securely from my Priv
    03-07-16 06:24 PM
    VR headset, so fun.

I got a vr box v2 from ebay for 20$ it's quite nice for the price and playing with cardboard on my priv is fun! So imo it's a must have accessory lol

03-07-16 06:30 PM
    I think a charging cord is good to have!

03-07-16 06:32 PM
    A wireless charger.

06-24-16 10:16 PM
    Get the samsung Rapid charger. Not the regular one but the one slated specifically for rapid charging.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-01-16 06:49 AM
    Get a case. I have tried the BBry leather flip case, the BBry hard shell case and now I'm running the Incipio case. The Incipio is by far my favorite case.
    07-01-16 08:45 AM
32 12