ive heard so many mixed reviews on the priv and i just ordered it. im coming out of a blackberry classic right now and the android change is already scaring me a bit.

all im going to be primarily using it for is text and calling. i dont game, and i dont use apps except for facebook and youtube...

any comments or feedback would be appreciated..
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-19-18 02:26 PM
    ive heard so many mixed reviews on the priv and i just ordered it. im coming out of a blackberry classic right now and the android change is already scaring me a bit.

all im going to be primarily using it for is text and calling. i dont game, and i dont use apps except for facebook and youtube...

any comments or feedback would be appreciated..
    For text, calling and for getting comfortable with the Android experience it's good. Has powerful antenna and great reception. Alos the camera in manual mode can take amazing pictures.
    Although the #key2 just looks so good...thats my next device...
    06-19-18 02:47 PM
    Wouldn't you have been better off to ask that question BEFORE ordering a PRIV?

I do love my PRIV.
    the_boon likes this.
    06-19-18 03:10 PM
    I have my priv nearly a year and love it. don't worry about transitioning to android. Battery is good for me as I use the phone mainly for calls, texts and emails. Pkb is good for me, some people don't like it, but I have no problems with my big thumbs! the vkb is good to tap out a quick text,
    sillywormz likes this.
    06-19-18 03:28 PM
    PRIV has the best screen in recent years in my opinion, but suffers from overheating, insufficient memory and battery drain.

it's also declared end of life by BlackBerry Mobile, so don't expect any more security updates.

The camera tho. Very wow.
    sillywormz likes this.
    06-19-18 03:43 PM
    Still have it as daily driver and after 2 years slider is still solid (no compare to the Palm Pre sliders) and even USB-Port for everyday charging is still OK (which was also a weak point of Pre despite wireless charging).

Fell several times (no concrete though) without case and has only some stains but no cracks.
    Monthly updates are discontinued, but BlackBerry brought a "mystery", cause no changelog, update lately which is supposed to fix spectre vulnerability, but don't expect much more in this field so be cautious on installing apps.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 06-22-18 at 03:55 PM.
    sillywormz likes this.
    06-19-18 05:18 PM
    ok might be a stupid question but whats the point of security updates? what do they do for the phone. sorry.
    06-19-18 05:29 PM
    probably, i have been looking into it for awhile but u have a point
    06-19-18 05:30 PM
    thats good to hear. my classic has lots of issues receiving and sending texts even tho it says that they sent. very irritating
    06-19-18 05:30 PM
    ok might be a stupid question but whats the point of security updates? what do they do for the phone. sorry.
    Security updates are needed as vulnerabilities are discovered in order to keep your device, your accounts and your data safe.
    06-19-18 09:54 PM
    After a year, I went back to the Passport. Love it. But the priv was alright.
    06-19-18 10:46 PM
    Design wise, the Priv is sexy. The screen is vibrant and amoled is the way to go. The slight curve compliments the frame.

Surprisingly the sliding function has held up. No problems at all.

Only downfall is its slow, and battery sucks. Phone will get warm if you multi-task as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-18 06:17 AM
    You can manage the Priv's battery by turning off/disabling a bunch of Google stuff, as well as reducing the screen resolution to 1080x1920. There are many threads here on how to do all of that
    06-22-18 10:06 AM
    I think it's is a very descent and balanced view from longterm Priv users here in this thread 👏
    06-22-18 03:58 PM