Is it just my PRIV or does this phone get warm and slow when performing App Updates? When it lists the Apps to update it is warm and slow to respond but once they are all done updated then everything is back to normal. Any ideas here?
    10-24-17 11:45 AM
    You're not alone.
    10-24-17 12:01 PM
    Ok. Good to know! Is there a solution?
    10-24-17 12:08 PM
    Live in the "Great White North" eh...🇨🇦....Tested in Canada...lol
    That is pretty much normal don't worry . Never heard issues of any Privs exploding and had mine since day one it was out. Just update apps few at a time , turn off apps not in use and give it a rest. My Passport and Dtek60 get warm too . Getting an app that warns you that it is getting to hot and shows you what apps are running also ,so you can shut them off. It helps ...
    Super Antivirus Max 2018 app (free) has CPU cooler and other in app features . Just one option I use.
    I also don't let the apps auto update when I'm using other apps and using the phone .
    Last edited by Dragnet Sound; 10-24-17 at 12:58 PM.
    10-24-17 12:48 PM
    I do all my apps updating by turning the WiFi on whilst charging overnight.

You won't get away from the heating, the updates are working the phone very hard and this particular phone is just going to heat up when you do - just like a vehicle towing a trailer runs hotter when towing the trailer - it's just working harder.
    10-24-17 01:02 PM
    Is it just my PRIV or does this phone get warm and slow when performing App Updates? When it lists the Apps to update it is warm and slow to respond but once they are all done updated then everything is back to normal. Any ideas here?
    I als think it is wise to turn off auto update of apps. This allows me to control when apps update so it doesn't happen during intensive phone usage. You will still get notifications that apps are ready to update.

As someone else said, it is not unusual for the phone to get a little warm during app updates, but it is less likely to occur when you can choose to update when you have strong network signal and or strong wifi.
    10-25-17 06:48 AM
    I actually thought with the last batch of updates that my Priv was hosed. It took half a day for it to return to normal.
    10-25-17 09:13 PM
    Thanks for the tip. I disabled automatic updates and I check them manually. Then I allow the apps to update overnight. PRIV runs cool most of the time since doing this!!!
    glwerry likes this.
    10-26-17 11:01 AM
    I have been using the 5x for a while and it has the same specs as the priv. And its so much smoother and faster and also with updating the phone is not getting hot.
    10-26-17 02:39 PM
    My PRIV actually never had any heating issues as many described. But this is definitely a moment when my phone does heat up. Thankfully I only download updates when on WiFi and when plugged in on the charger so it mostly updates at night.
    10-27-17 10:29 AM