It's so disturbing to find that even after blackberry as an OS was not successful and android has been adopted, still the trolls continue to have the attitude of my way or the highway.

I wanted the priv to work for me but it falls short of expectations in a few ways one of them being build quality and the other the keyboard.

Let people voice their personal experiences without calling them trolls or telling them to give it more time when everyone has their own acceptable judgement window for a device.

Live and let live.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ProjectBrett and Bay 13 like this.
    11-14-15 03:56 PM
    It's so disturbing to find that even after blackberry as an OS was not successful and android has been adopted, still the trolls continue to have the attitude of my way or the highway.

I wanted the priv to work for me but it falls short of expectations in a few ways one of them being build quality and the other the keyboard.

Let people voice their personal experiences without calling them trolls or telling them to give it more time when everyone has their own acceptable judgement window for a device.

Live and let live.

I agree....
    11-14-15 04:03 PM
    Agree with the post, disagree with the thread title though

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-14-15 04:07 PM

Live and let live.

I can definitely agree that everyone has their own opinion. I think you get the reactions you see on here because many many people over the years have come to gloat that their OS is the best and BlackBerry is dead.

Your previous thread did the exact thing that people are sick of here.

You expressed your opinion which is fine, but you ended your post with the death of BlackBerry which we all know isn't going to happen and could be construed as a troll bate.
    11-14-15 04:17 PM
    Blackberry is more than just hardware and jc said himself that if the priv is not successful that would probably be it for BB from a hardware perspective. That is what I am referring to and it is just my perspective.

11-14-15 04:21 PM
    1 week is all you give yourself to learn a brand new OS? Think about switching from Windows to Mac it takes months to determine if it's a learning curve or if it's an issue. People need to give it more then a week. That's not a window that's just not give it a fair shake. Profession is IT and a week does not cut it for learning something completely different
    11-14-15 04:22 PM
    Blackberry is more than just hardware and jc said himself that if the priv is not successful that would probably be it for BB from a hardware perspective. That is what I am referring to and it is just my perspective.

From my perspective I believe BlackBerry has a hit on their hands. Every place I've been to (bestbuy, Telus etc) I have been hounded by employees that want to see my phone because they are excited by this mix of Blackberry and android.

We've already seen the rumor mill light up with another android device on the horizon.

BlackBerry will be in the Hardware business for years to come.
    11-14-15 04:35 PM
    Wow totally misread your thread title. I thought you were telling folks to not criticise the Priv. Lol.

11-14-15 04:45 PM
    what do you expect when you create a new account, and the first thing you did was open a thread bashing the priv stating that the keyboard was bad just by using it from a store. Even if it was bad, you can't properly evaluate like that. I'm very used to physical keyboards, but each time I get a new blackberry, I have to adapt, it always feels like the device I had before had better keyboard for the first day or two. Physical keyboards it's not like typing in a slab of glass, they feel different from each other.

If you did a proper evaluation nobody would be jumping at you. There are countless threads of people unhappy with the priv, but when they actually do a proper evaluation and don't like it, nobody jumps at them.

Then you proceed to make quotes like this one:
    I am afraid this is going to be the last phone we see from blackberry
    People have been saying this for years... The Priv is so much the "last phone we see from blackberry" that they announced another Android device called Vienna yesterday.
    11-14-15 04:47 PM
    Every joker has an opinion, who cares. My opinion is people are metards and clueless.

11-14-15 05:12 PM
    I agree that in an open forum such as this everyone can state their options and preferences openly. But that includes comments and replies to someones rant about something that they don't like.
    And when a lifelong BlackBerry user complains about android after just a few days, give it time, isn't a dismissal of the complaint. It's sound advice.

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    11-14-15 05:13 PM
    Get a life

Z30 10.3.2.2639
    11-14-15 05:16 PM
    If you actually read what people post you'll see that people don't mind criticism so long that it's reasonable and then often try to provide a solution or fix where possible. The unbalanced bashing of the device purely because it's android/something new/'not a blackberry' is where the problem lies.
    It's not like people are responding to comments about Android being less secure by saying 'yes it is, it's the best at that' or anything.
    11-14-15 05:17 PM

So, let's get the board to fire Chen and replace him with someone who can build and monetize a BlackBerry smartphone and mobile computing platform.

Don't believe the BS that CB recites from Chen, his enterprise software play, while profitable, underperformed growth goals to a point where he's had to buy Good's customers at a price of half-a-billion just to cover up the failure. He's squandered huge value throughout the company. Revenues have fallen drastically under Chen. The board should fire him and find someone who will do the job.

I'd be fine if BlackBerry simply gave 100 million or so to a foundation and then open-sourced it. Or sold it to a company willing to commit to a solid push for five years. But, I don't want anything more to do with BlackBerry while John Chen is associated. If other people join me, he might listen or the Board might listen.

Either way, buying the Priv to support BlackBerry is completely wrong.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 05:26 PM
    I can definitely agree that everyone has their own opinion. I think you get the reactions you see on here because many many people over the years have come to gloat that their OS is the best and BlackBerry is dead.

Your previous thread did the exact thing that people are sick of here.

You expressed your opinion which is fine, but you ended your post with the death of BlackBerry which we all know isn't going to happen and could be construed as a troll bate.
    Everyone thinks their preferred OS is great Android people IOS people and even BB people, I for one am not loyal to any I own the iPhone 6s Plus, Nexus 6P and still waiting on my pre ordered PRIV , hell I even have a windows phone all have something to offer that the other doesn't but overall i just enjoy tech there is no best as everyone has a opinion BB downfall was that it did not take IOS serious or Android as a threat and it came back to hurt them as they continued with the same old same old and didn't evolve as they felt they didn't. Now you end up in this state of becoming part android and BB to make a new device. I will continue to buy every new devices as I only want the highest of each offering once the Lumia 950XL comes out I will have that to try out and who knows. Everyone has an opinion I wouldn't call everyone who disagrees with you or anyone else on this forum a troll.
    11-14-15 05:41 PM
    Everyone thinks their preferred OS is great Android people IOS people and even BB people, I for one am not loyal to any I own the iPhone 6s Plus, Nexus 6P and still waiting on my pre ordered PRIV , hell I even have a windows phone all have something to offer that the other doesn't but overall i just enjoy tech there is no best as everyone has a opinion BB downfall was that it did not take IOS serious or Android as a threat and it came back to hurt them as they continued with the same old same old and didn't evolve as they felt they didn't. Now you end up in this state of becoming part android and BB to make a new device. I will continue to buy every new devices as I only want the highest of each offering once the Lumia 950XL comes out I will have that to try out and who knows. Everyone has an opinion I wouldn't call everyone who disagrees with you or anyone else on this forum a troll.
    I completely agree I have been around too feature phones, bbos7, bb10, couple years android, couple months ios, everyones entitled to their own opinion and differing opinions are healthy for progress.

Most here though can tell a troll when we see one and the OP has started not one but two separate threads for the soul purpose of starting arguments.
    11-14-15 07:59 PM
    I completely agree I have been around too feature phones, bbos7, bb10, couple years android, couple months ios, everyones entitled to their own opinion and differing opinions are healthy for progress.

Most here though can tell a troll when we see one and the OP has started not one but two separate threads for the soul purpose of starting arguments.
    Arguments or discourse? I feel like this forum is a little bit too controlling.

11-14-15 08:02 PM