My great Priv screen blacked out on the weekend and did everything possible. Hard reset 3 + times, opened up the phone disconnected the battery, screen, etc .... and nothing.

Since a Keyone Silver and Black Edition in Canada unlocked are $600+ and $790+ right now and the Motion is over $550, I had to decide .... and did.

Even another Priv at Amazon is $317.00

Asus ZenFone 4 Max, with a 5,000mAh battery, Nougat 7.1.1. Beautiful Phone. Got it at Best Buy for $299.00 unlocked. With tax $335 ish, and on Best Buy's 3 month plan with no interest.

I know is a full slab, but I had no choice. Just wondering and reflecting on BlackBerry's pricing strategy. I don't want to change carriers and tie myself up into a 2 year contract that's more expensive than my plan at Freedom Mobile. That would have been the only way to get a KeyOne without paying full price outright.

Would like to hear your comments.
    Thanks and Best Regards,

KPR1976
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    11-06-17 11:48 AM
    If you aren't pulled by brand or PKB, and price is a main concern, then it's an easy choice. There're lots of other attractive options.
    11-06-17 11:55 AM
    My thoughts don't matter, only yours. if you like it, it is a great deal. Let us know how you like it as you use it more. It's a great deal priceless.

How much storage and how much memory? also, does it have a slot for an SD card?

I have been looking at the Sonys to replace my wife's S4. The Asus may be another option.
    11-06-17 12:18 PM
    Hi. As an FYI, You could have gotten a KeyOne on Swappa for $400 or less. However, as long as you’re happy with your purchase, that’s all that really matters. Enjoy!!
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-06-17 12:31 PM
    He is not happy with his purchase.

That's why he posted it.

you can find new BB10 Passports at low prices.
    11-06-17 12:42 PM
    My thoughts don't matter, only yours. if you like it, it is a great deal. Let us know how you like it as you use it more. It's a great deal priceless.

I have been looking at the Sonys to replace my wife's S4. The Asus may be another option.
    Thanks for your reply, 32GB storage, 3GB RAM, Dual SIM, SD Card up to 256GB.
    11-06-17 12:58 PM

That's why he posted it.

I am very happy with my purchase, I actually was asking more in the BlackBerry pricing strategy and the comparison of specs + price. I have a Passport, why get back to BB10 which is obsolete.

Thanks for your reply.
    11-06-17 01:00 PM

That's why he posted it.

I am very happy with my purchase, I actually was asking more in the BlackBerry pricing strategy and the comparison of specs + price. I have a Passport, why get back to BB10 which is obsolete.

Thanks for your reply
    11-06-17 01:01 PM
    If you are happy.. leave it at that... BB is still a brand with unique niche that it fills... i.e. Security/PKB. If those don't concern you and you are happy why does it matter?
    11-06-17 01:02 PM
    Hi. As an FYI, You could have gotten a KeyOne on Swappa for $400 or less. However, as long as you’re happy with your purchase, that’s all that really matters. Enjoy!!
    Thanks for the Info, didn't know about Swappa, and needed the phone asap before Monday. I bought the Asus online Best Buy reserve store and picked up yesterday
    11-06-17 01:10 PM
    Thanks for your reply, 32GB storage, 3GB RAM, Dual SIM, SD Card up to 256GB.
    Thanks. I looked it up on Best Buy. The only thing I see that I don't like is the screen resolution is lower than the Priv and the S4, other than that it is fine. Even that isn't too much of an issue for most people.

I feel bad for you in Canada though, the phone is $199 on the US Best Buy site.
    11-06-17 02:55 PM
    If you are happy.. leave it at that... BB is still a brand with unique niche that it fills... i.e. Security/PKB. If those don't concern you and you are happy why does it matter?
    Thanks man, I wanted to stay with BB, I appreciate security and like the PKB very much. It's a matter of convenience.
    11-06-17 03:01 PM
    Thanks. I looked it up on Best Buy. The only thing I see that I don't like is the screen resolution is lower than the Priv and the S4, other than that it is fine. Even that isn't too much of an issue for most people.

I feel bad for you in Canada though, the phone is $199 on the US Best Buy site.
    Yep, we get higher taxes here in Canada. As the screen goes I am OK with it. Performance wise it's very quick. Asus has done a good job
    Thanks for the Info, didn't know about Swappa, and needed the phone asap before Monday. I bought the Asus online Best Buy reserve store and picked up yesterday
    11-06-17 03:02 PM
    Yep, we get higher taxes here in Canada. As the screen goes I am OK with it. Performance wise it's very quick. Asus has done a good job
    The screen resolution will help battery life as well. Nothing wrong with it for normal use. Enjoy.
    11-06-17 03:05 PM
    Thanks man, I wanted to stay with BB, I appreciate security and like the PKB very much. It's a matter of convenience.
    Actually I think it seems to be more a matter of price for you. And every person has to weigh the cost for security (which for consumers may be overblown) and a physical keyboard and the convenience of getting something that meets your needs at a lesser price.

Glad you found what fit your needs. However, since TCL took over the phones, I do think they have been priced a little high for what you get.
    11-06-17 03:07 PM
    you might want to see if Priv can be repaired. (most likely, back light out... if you are heavy user).... since you are in canada, there should be few repair shop still willing to take BB (skill set still around, especially, near waterloo area). - if you need to repair, you have to pay for full screen (back light assembly is integrated into the display). Best of luck. (If I were you, i get a K1 - wait until boxing day shoping).
    11-06-17 03:23 PM
    KW Cell Phone Repair
    never use those guys before... but it look like repair business still kicking... (be careful... you can possibly find out how much cost). enjoy your non-BB device (just be careful not catch any virus... or get few bit coins ready just in case).
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    11-06-17 03:36 PM
    by the way, good you buy droid... if you get iphone X, it is drop susceptable - that could set you back 270 USD... ;-)
    11-06-17 03:40 PM
    Actually I think it seems to be more a matter of price for you. And every person has to weigh the cost for security (which for consumers may be overblown) and a physical keyboard and the convenience of getting something that meets your needs at a lesser price.

Glad you found what fit your needs. However, since TCL took over the phones, I do think they have been priced a little high for what you get.
    Thanks,

I thought that TCL was going to have a different pricing structure and get phones less expensive

11-06-17 03:45 PM
    If you aren't pulled by brand or PKB, and price is a main concern, then it's an easy choice. There're lots of other attractive options.
    The good news is whatever android you choose to get these days, you can get the blackberry suite of apps. Other than that, life goes on.
    texn884 and KPR1976 like this.
    11-06-17 03:52 PM

The Sony Xperia phones are great my wife uses the XZ and she loves it, it's very fast and the design is very clean , I find to be very beautiful.
    PHughes likes this.
    11-06-17 03:58 PM
    The Sony Xperia phones are great my wife uses the XZ and she loves it, it's very fast and the design is very clean , I find to be very beautiful.
    If I didn't already have the Priv, I might get one for myself.
    11-06-17 04:24 PM
    I thought that TCL was going to have a different pricing structure and get phones less expensive
    A few people made that assumption and posted that assumption here, but that was never even suggested by TCL.

BB phones have never been price-competitive - that's never been the market they've targeted - but at one time, they had features that justified the price difference. I'm not sure that that's true (for most people, at least) anymore, but some still do pay the higher prices for them.
    11-06-17 10:00 PM
    You have to do the math by amortizing your device over 24 months and adding your data and phone monthly charges . Then compare a similar plan that includes a phone purchase. There are some deals to be had for subsidized phones.

Your purchase was good but I would add the Cobalt keyboard . It is excellent. You could add the BlackBerry suite of apps for only $1.28 a month too.
    texn884 likes this.
    11-06-17 11:26 PM
    SD Card up to 256GB.
    Oh no! KEYone microSD slot goes up to 2TB! You've made a huge mistake...

Enjoy your new phone.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    11-07-17 06:37 PM
35 12