You are misguided..unlock phones are same as locked one. The locked is done with software, they might have a different sku number but it is the exact same hardware, except for the bands.
    Of course -1 hardware is the same. But it represents a different inventory, and a different supply channel.

Off of the STV100-1 assembly line, you can't just put some boxes on the trucks heading to the carriers, and some on the trucks heading for DR. They are programmed differently.

Not to mention you have other model variants as well with different hardware. Like the -3 variant going to Canadian carriers.

The bottom line is that they have X number of -1 factory-unlocked devices going to DR, Y number of -1 branded devices going to AT&T, Z number of -3 branded devices going to Canadian carriers, and who knows what going elsewhere. I'm in line for one of X.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Last edited by conite; 11-10-15 at 11:31 AM.
    11-10-15 11:18 AM
    I can't even find there number. Seen it posted here earlier, but that number wasn't correct.

Posted via CB10
    1-866-957-0761
    ShopBlackBerry shipping notifications - Page 5 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    11-10-15 11:18 AM
    You are misguided..unlock phones are same as locked one. The locked is done with software, they might have a different sku number but it is the exact same hardware, except for the bands.
    Not even close. First of all there are multiple hardware models for the Priv (STV100-1, STV100-3, etc). Second of all, even within those hardware models there are very different software models. For example, the AT&T version does NOT support band 17. If you think you're going to SIM unlock an AT&T version and magically have Band 17 then you have no clue how Mobile Phone software works. That would require breaking Blackberry's hardware and software security and flashing entirely new radios onto the device, and getting them to work with the Kernel.

Factory unlocked models are absolutely a different product entirely.
    11-10-15 11:23 AM
    18669570761 for USA
    11-10-15 11:37 AM
    This is complete BS now. I was going to cut BlackBerry some slack and was pretty sure they would ship at least one pre order on RELEASE day, but nobody got one and was completely pointless to pre order...How do you call that a release day when you don't release anything!? Just release the carriers to sell limited stock and reviews...yeah, wha wha, cry, cry...But this company is clearly not organized or prioritizing correctly. What is the point to get people to pre-order and do not think they will at least get a shipment notification on release day....
    Troll.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 11:38 PM
    I hope BlackBerry can bring their online shopping experience 'in house' in the future. Once they start making more money and perhaps after whatever contract they have with Digital River ends.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 12:36 AM
    Of course -1 hardware is the same. But it represents a different inventory, and a different supply channel.

Off of the STV100-1 assembly line, you can't just put some boxes on the trucks heading to the carriers, and some on the trucks heading for DR. They are programmed differently.

Not to mention you have other model variants as well with different hardware. Like the -3 variant going to Canadian carriers.

The bottom line is that they have X number of -1 factory-unlocked devices going to DR, Y number of -1 branded devices going to AT&T, Z number of -3 branded devices going to Canadian carriers, and who knows what going elsewhere. I'm in line for one of X.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Availability is always an issue with new devices so I've since learned some tricks to get ahead of the game.
    I've had better success at getting first run devices at corporate stores. Rogers wireless stores are owned privately and may look like a corporate store but with one exception. Corp stores have full access to your account and can't take direct payments and are usually fastest at getting new products. Forum members always report when devices go live on their reservation system so following here is a good start. The I have the reservation sent to a corporate store. Always gotten my devices on launch days. Q10, Passport, classic and the Priv have always been ready for pickup on launch day.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-28-15 02:33 AM
    What ad campaigns are you talking about? I walked in a Rogers Wireless store on Friday and there was no BlackBerry Priv on display nor any promotional posters. Maybe it was hidden in the backroom along with the BlackBerry Priv that I bought.
    That's weird...where I went it was beside the s6...and in Telus it had its own display case.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-28-15 02:45 AM
    That's weird...where I went it was beside the s6...and in Telus it had its own display case.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I bought the BlackBerry Priv on November 6 so the promotional materials might not have been unpacked yet. The sales representative was very enthusiastic about the BlackBerry Priv and did not ask "why do you want a BlackBerry?"
    11-28-15 07:25 PM
134 ... 456