Oops! Even though the phone was released on Friday, there is a "delay in shipping because Saturday and Sunday are a weekend"... and it may take another "14 days".... (???)

I keep trying to give Blackberry a chance, but they continuously fail time after time. That is sad.

I guarantee you that if Apple or Samsung were releasing a phone on "Friday"... they would have that phone ready to be shipped out on F-R-I-D-A-Y. Why? Because they probably have smart people who understand that "Saturday" and "Sunday" come after "Friday".

This is incredible. What was the point of a "pre-order" if you can just waltz into AT&T and buy the phone?
    11-07-15 09:27 AM
    X_x location?

(USA here)

I saw another poster say the exact same thing in another thread, had hoped he was trolling...

So is this for ALL orders? O_o

I wonder how many users will join Bakron,

Unfortunately not many of us (at least in US) have an alternative (noty att)

Well, until Monday we'll see

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    11-07-15 09:29 AM
    Oops! Even though the phone was released on Friday, there is a "delay in shipping because Saturday and Sunday are a weekend"... and it may take another "14 days".... (???)

I keep trying to give Blackberry a chance, but they continuously fail time after time. That is sad.

I guarantee you that if Apple or Samsung were releasing a phone on "Friday"... they would have that phone ready to be shipped out on F-R-I-D-A-Y. Why? Because they probably have smart people who understand that "Saturday" and "Sunday" come after "Friday".

This is incredible. What was the point of a "pre-order" if you can just waltz into AT&T and buy the phone?
    Solved my pre order issue this morning, I cancelled both of them and told the folks at shop blackberry why.
    Lacuna_a_x and nokia4life like this.
    11-07-15 09:32 AM
    The correct way for ShopBlackBerry to do it is if the phone is going to be available at stores on Friday, ship the damn thing on Wednesday to make sure that people who pre ordered it would get it the same day it's officially in store. Otherwise what's the freaking point of doing the order? The more most companies grow the less common sense they have.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 10:46 AM
    The correct way for ShopBlackBerry to do it is if the phone is going to be available at stores on Friday, ship the damn thing on Wednesday to make sure that people who pre ordered it would get it the same day it's officially in store. Otherwise what's the freaking point of doing the order? The more most companies grow the less common sense they have.

It's so true. I've pre-ordered from Apple a number of times and they always have the phone delivered to my door on release day. Apparently, they give them to FedEx/UPS a few days ahead of time and ask them to hold them until release day. It's really not that complicated. So much more professional than this Priv roll-out seems for Blackberry pre-orders.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-07-15 10:49 AM
    Blackberry just needs to find another better ful-fillment partner to work with since the current one was never known to do that great of a job.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 10:52 AM
    Blackberry just needs to find another better ful-fillment partner to work with since the current one was never known to do that great of a job.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe Mobile Nations / ShopCrackBerry can take over distribution for BlackBerry. They seem on the ball with their own on-line store whenever I place an order.
    11-07-15 10:58 AM
    Maybe Mobile Nations / ShopCrackBerry can take over distribution for BlackBerry. They seem on the ball with their own on-line store whenever I place an order.
    Would definitely work great... at least in NA...

Blaize/ Kevin & BlackBerry ought to get this going soon... that Digital River has too many compiling & runtime errors...

 Q5 / Z30
    11-07-15 11:28 AM
    Solved my pre order issue this morning, I cancelled both of them and told the folks at shop blackberry why.
    Are you going to get the Priv on contract at AT&T?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 11:33 AM
    My guess is that this is a strategic/supply issue.

It was more important to get inventory to the carriers so they can start their ad campaigns, and get the displays up in the stores.

I, for one, am fine to wait for the factory-unlocked version. If I was desperate, I could just as easily cancel my order and get one right now from my carrier.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-07-15 11:39 AM
    Any reason for me to wait up to 14 days or should I just go grab one from ATT? I didn't want all the bloatware but want the Priv so bad!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 11:40 AM
    As if digital river cares about BlackBerry sales... BlackBerry is not their bread and butter... they have many other customers

Posted via CB10
    mset likes this.
    11-07-15 11:41 AM
    How long did it take to refund the money to your account?
    11-07-15 11:43 AM
    Would definitely work great... at least in NA...

Blaize/ Kevin & BlackBerry ought to get this going soon... that Digital River has too many compiling & runtime errors...

 Q5 / Z30
    Maybe CrackBerry Kevin can pull up outside the BlackBerry entrance in the police cruiser powered by a Blackberry PlayBook. ;-)
    nick13b likes this.
    11-07-15 11:52 AM

"The more most companies grow the less common sense they have."

Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to still this one liner!

It's the truth!

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    11-07-15 11:56 AM
    Any reason for me to wait up to 14 days or should I just go grab one from ATT? I didn't want all the bloatware but want the Priv so bad!

Posted via CB10
    Are you willing to wait up to 14 business days to receive your BlackBerry Priv? It (the product) is definitely worth the wait but it is even better in-hand.
    11-07-15 11:59 AM
    My guess is that this is a strategic/supply issue.

It was more important to get inventory to the carriers so they can start their ad campaigns, and get the displays up in the stores.

I, for one, am fine to wait for the factory-unlocked version. If I was desperate, I could just as easily cancel my order and get one right now from my carrier.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    What ad campaigns are you talking about? I walked in a Rogers Wireless store on Friday and there was no BlackBerry Priv on display nor any promotional posters. Maybe it was hidden in the backroom along with the BlackBerry Priv that I bought.
    11-07-15 12:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    The bloatware is usually pushed by your carrier anyway in that first update you get when setting up your phone.

Does the AT&T version have wireless charging? That's the main difference between the unlocked one and the carrier ones here in Canada.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    11-07-15 12:03 PM
    They have disappointed all die hard fans by screwing this up.
    11-07-15 12:07 PM
    They have disappointed all die hard fans by screwing this up.
    Now I know why people hate Digital River so much.

"Pre-Order" - more like, lets help kill this company so people buy Crapple and Samsung
    Elango87 and John Doe99 like this.
    11-07-15 12:08 PM
    I don't know if it's DR's or Blackberry's fault but someone needs to be accountable for this crap.
    11-07-15 12:09 PM
    I don't know if it's DR's or Blackberry's fault but someone needs to be accountable for this crap.
    Loot and Pillage them! Raze the warehouse! -
    11-07-15 12:11 PM
    I almost want to just not get the phone and go with the Turing Phone instead. Funny thing is I ordered this after getting frustrated by the lack of updates on the Turing phone and now these guys are giving us the same run around. It's highly disappointing.
    11-07-15 12:13 PM
    This is complete BS now. I was going to cut BlackBerry some slack and was pretty sure they would ship at least one pre order on RELEASE day, but nobody got one and was completely pointless to pre order...How do you call that a release day when you don't release anything!? Just release the carriers to sell limited stock and reviews...yeah, wha wha, cry, cry...But this company is clearly not organized or prioritizing correctly. What is the point to get people to pre-order and do not think they will at least get a shipment notification on release day....
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-07-15 12:14 PM
    I am surprised they didn't partner with Amazon again. That was a nice alternative to Shop BB with the passport.

Posted via CB10
    John Doe99 and geekaren like this.
    11-07-15 12:15 PM
134 123 ...