I have just updated my priv today to Marshmellow. Now it just wont connect to my pc, I've tried going into debug mode, tried different cables (though my original one was working fine yesterday). No drop down menu for selecting USB type on my phone either. Just starts charging and thats it.

Anyone else experiencing this problem or know a solution ?

Many Thanks

Adam
    05-30-16 10:21 AM
    Updated USB drivers?
    05-30-16 10:52 AM
    http://us.blackberry.com/support/sma...ice-setup.html
    Here op the driver
    05-30-16 10:53 AM
    still wont connect. The computer doesnt even recognise that a device has been plugged in, and usb option the pull down menu for the phone doesnt even appear .
    05-30-16 01:02 PM
    I've experienced something similar to this as well. Did you check your C:// and/or My PC drives (as that is where I eventually found it one time)?
    05-30-16 02:04 PM
    OP, Check your USB connections.

I updated to the latest patch release this am. My Priv is currently at Android vers. 6.0.1 build AAF153.

I tried connecting my Priv to my PC, via a USB hub, and got the same results as you - no option to switch from USB charging to MTP/PTP/MIDI. Then I noticed that my USB hub's power is not plugged in. After plugging it in, I got a notification with the option to switch from USB charging to MTP/PTP/MIDI.

And yes, the option is no longer available in the Storage & USB settings. You just get a notification now to switch over every time you connect to a PC.
    05-30-16 03:18 PM
    Remove your USB drivers on the pc from the device manager, then rescan.

Windows sucks

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-30-16 07:21 PM
    I have just updated my priv today to Marshmellow. Now it just wont connect to my pc, I've tried going into debug mode, tried different cables (though my original one was working fine yesterday). No drop down menu for selecting USB type on my phone either. Just starts charging and thats it.

Anyone else experiencing this problem or know a solution ?

Many Thanks

Adam
    Yes, having the same issue except my PC recognises the phone but file manager is just blank as if no folders exist on it
    06-01-16 02:25 PM
    Im having the same issue connecting to my mac desktop. Lollipop worked fine. After update, the computer will not recognize the device.
    06-01-16 03:56 PM
    same here
    06-01-16 03:59 PM
    Hi. I resolved this, if you turn on developer options, then go to USB charging, you can select mtp mode (media transfer mode). Do this first, plug in the phone next, and you can see your files. Ridiculously this must be done each time you connect to pc bc it defaults back to charging mode when you disconnect.
    06-02-16 04:54 AM
    Clearly burying this is all part of google's evil plan to force you to sync all your data to the cloud. I find this rude.
    06-02-16 04:59 AM
    You should be able to simply do a one finger swipe down from top of screen and see a dialog/option box as to how to connect. Thats after its connected to PC and charging.
    Yes you have to do this every time, but beats drilling down through menus.
    If your device isn't doing this, something is wrong.
    And make sure you have the current BlackBerry USB drivers on the PC.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-02-16 07:14 AM