Hello all!
    I just got my Priv and I love it.
    I still love the classic BlackBerry OS better, but I'll be using both the Priv and the Classic, so my original BlackBerry experience won't be missed.

I was wondering if you know of a good hard case to protect the phone. I looked online and didn't find anything like it. I got a tempered glass protector but I'd like to protect the entire body of the phone as well.

Let me know, pls.

Smile!

Irene

Posted via CB10
    mkiiw and DenimAndLeather like this.
    12-09-16 10:35 AM
    Hello all!
    I just got my Priv and I love it.
    I still love the classic BlackBerry OS better, but I'll be using both the Priv and the Classic, so my original BlackBerry experience won't be missed.

I was wondering if you know of a good hard case to protect the phone. I looked online and didn't find anything like it. I got a tempered glass protector but I'd like to protect the entire body of the phone as well.

Let me know, pls.

Smile!

Irene

Posted via CB10
    I got my Priv today as well. B)

As for cases, there's a long thread on available options in the "Stickies" section. Seidio Surface seems to be the most favoured hard case. Other options include the OEM BlackBerry hard case (V3 with kick-stand being the recommended model) and the Verizon shell & holster combo (I ordered this one, waiting for it to arrive).

Which tempered glass screen protector did you get, did it install without hassles?

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and Nathan Conley like this.
    12-09-16 10:44 AM
    I got my Priv today as well. B)

As for cases, there's a long thread on available options in the "Stickies" section. Seidio Surface seems to be the most favoured hard case. Other options include the OEM BlackBerry hard case (V3 with kick-stand being the recommended model) and the Verizon shell & holster combo (I ordered this one, waiting for it to arrive).

Which tempered glass screen protector did you get, did it install without hassles?

Posted via CB10
    Hey!
    This is the glass screen I got.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/131855419134?_mwBanner=1
    It's on its way, so I'm not 100% sure that's a good one, but the review were promising and I like that it's curved like the screen itself.

Let me know how it goes with the case you bought. I tent to have butter hands and phones fall all the time. I want to protect this baby!

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 02:41 PM
    Hey!
    This is the glass screen I got.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/131855419134?_mwBanner=1
    It's on its way, so I'm not 100% sure that's a good one, but the review were promising and I like that it's curved like the screen itself.

Let me know how it goes with the case you bought. I tent to have butter hands and phones fall all the time. I want to protect this baby!

Posted via CB10
    I have my Priv about 2 weeks now. I got this on amazon.

BlackBerry Priv,Venice Case,Yaker IM Super Frosted Crystal Hard Case for BlackBerry Priv/Venice-Retail Packaging (Clear)

It doesn't protect the front but does the back. Fits well and isn't bad for 7 bucks
    12-09-16 03:06 PM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=nkuGCntn

It's a fantastic case. I don't use a screen protector. Gorilla Glass 4 is durable enough for my needs.

Edit. I really can't overstate how great the build quality is, and how solid the kickstand is.
    12-09-16 03:07 PM
    If u have the unlocked Priv off ShopBlackberry, get the wireless charger too. I love being able to just drop it and charge. Will be getting one for work too, altho I tend to have quite a bit of battery life left by 5pm. I got the Turbot Wireless charger, 3 coil from Amazon. I absolutely love this phone.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-09-16 10:13 PM
    If u have the unlocked Priv off ShopBlackberry, get the wireless charger too. I love being able to just drop it and charge. Will be getting one for work too, altho I tend to have quite a bit of battery life left by 5pm. I got the Turbot Wireless charger, 3 coil from Amazon. I absolutely love this phone.
    No, I missed the Black Friday sales so I got it on eBay.
    I'm going to look into it!!!
    Thank you
    12-10-16 06:00 PM
    I haven't found a quality, worthwhile screen protector myself.

As for cases, I use a Blackberry Hardshell Case, one of the official ones. It's pretty cheap and very sturdy, which makes up for the PRIV's weak and flimsy build. (This is the only phone so far were I've needed a case for it.)
    12-10-16 08:06 PM
    If you have a curved glass screen protector, the Seidio surface will not work properly. I have a Stouch 3D tempered glass (3D means curved to fit the screen) and my seidio surface becomes very difficult to fit and slide.

If you get the seidio surface you don't need the glass protector. Your best bet if you use the protector is a case for the back of the phone.
    12-10-16 09:51 PM
    I haven't found a quality, worthwhile screen protector myself.

As for cases, I use a Blackberry Hardshell Case, one of the official ones. It's pretty cheap and very sturdy, which makes up for the PRIV's weak and flimsy build. (This is the only phone so far were I've needed a case for it.)
    The zagg hd glass is the best screen protector I've found, free replacement for life, I always get it replaced under warranty for like 3 dollars

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=xf2LRaiv
    12-10-16 10:02 PM
    The zagg hd glass is the best screen protector I've found, free replacement for life, I always get it replaced under warranty for like 3 dollars

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=D34Q3JDH
    Hm... interesting! That sounds pretty good. Thanks for the link, too.
    12-11-16 02:44 PM

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=624SjSZD
    had to reply to this- you have multiple contradictions.

you say the zagg protector is the best, free replacment for life, but you always replace it for 3$? if its the best why ya gotta replace? and 3bux isnt free.

sorry, had to ask

anyways, i have used the hardshell+kickstand+holster avail thru verizon for quite awhile, very good protection and easy to use. the slide action into the holster is a very positive hold, and adds a large layer of protection. also tried the seidio, but the clip is too easy to release.

i use a iq shield liquiskin protector. tried a few, this one kicks 4ss. hard to get the edges to set+hold (its a flat protector) but with a little patience, it sticks and holds very well. much better at resisting dirt+fingerprints than the verizon 3pack i bought on my prior fone. havent heard good things about any of the glass protectors

good luck

-j
    12-11-16 07:27 PM
    had to reply to this- you have multiple contradictions.

you say the zagg protector is the best, free replacment for life, but you always replace it for 3$? if its the best why ya gotta replace? and 3bux isnt free.

sorry, had to ask

anyways, i have used the hardshell+kickstand+holster avail thru verizon for quite awhile, very good protection and easy to use. the slide action into the holster is a very positive hold, and adds a large layer of protection. also tried the seidio, but the clip is too easy to release.

i use a iq shield liquiskin protector. tried a few, this one kicks 4ss. hard to get the edges to set+hold (its a flat protector) but with a little patience, it sticks and holds very well. much better at resisting dirt+fingerprints than the verizon 3pack i bought on my prior fone. havent heard good things about any of the glass protectors

good luck

-j
    Thanks for asking, it's free to replace, all you pay is the shipping of course, that's because I don't like to go to the both at the mall or else they replace absolutely free, most zagg boths were removed from my local malls . As for why I replace? Well because as it protects your screen it gets small dings here and there and my ocd doesn't let me keep it in that condition lol , so I just order a new one every so often.
    12-11-16 09:00 PM