11-06-15 06:57 AM
35 12
tools
    Fine, you would think that when a new product launch is coming up the store manager would have a huddle with employees, provide a run down of the device, it's strengths and weaknesses and how to best position it.

Also, a comment above about employees pushing the brand they personally use; I would want my employees to be tech fans first. No brand loyalty. Sell what ever best suits the customer without any bias. Dreaming right?

Posted via CB10
    You would think but employees are mostly there just for a paycheck as this scenario is quite common myself included. ERverything that is mentioned in this blog post I have personally experienced in store. Therefore my business is now done solely in a Rogers Corporate store. They aren't advertised as corporate stores so you have to ask. I have found that at Rogers Corporate stores the employees are held more accountable and they have to learn new products regardless even Blackberry devices. But agreed tho employees do have their favs and will obviously push the devices they think is best. The staff at Rogers Corporate shops are better informed and have better knowledge as well, just my personal experience. I reserved my device on the Rogers reservation system and as of yesterday afternoon showed "in progress" so I'm confident that It will be delivered to the corporate store Friday which is also launch day. I'm really excited about this device as bbos10 was really missing the google play services run time fully so it was really in complete and limited the android apps that would work for me. I pre-ordered my oem priv flip case and that came two days ago so I'm definately ready for the PRIV.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    11-05-15 01:44 PM
    Back in 2007, when BlackBerry launched the World phone, we were given the 8830 a month in advance as CFTP, to get familiar with the specs, feaures, advantages, bugs and take notes to be submitted to R.I.M. Now, they are keeping it until launch day? How can we assist Customers if we are not familiar with the product? Does not make sense anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Techno-guy likes this.
    11-05-15 01:52 PM
    Back in 2007, when BlackBerry launched the World phone, we were given the 8830 a month in advance as CFTP, to get familiar with the specs, feaures, advantages, bugs and take notes to be submitted to R.I.M. Now, they are keeping it until launch day? How can we assist Customers if we are not familiar with the product? Does not make sense anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Time had changed a lot since 2007! If you haven't noticed, BlackBerry is a really really really small player compared to 2007!

So spending a fortune training thousands of carrier employees for a phone they probably won't even push, sounds to me like a waste of money

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 03:11 PM
    And now we buy them off Shop BlackBerry screw the carriers .
    11-05-15 03:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed that this would certainly help, but times have also changed with a much greater proliferation of leaks now that everyone can instantly post their pics to anywhere. Maybe it is about leak control, but a double edged sword.

As to comments above Re kickbacks, I mean incentives, those with bigger slush funds will definitely have the advantage.

Good to know about the corporate stores vs franchised.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 03:16 PM
    And now we buy them off Shop BlackBerry screw the carriers .
    Which could be part of the problem. That's why I thought BlackBerry would charge more to give an incentive for us to buy from the carrier who would then be more willing to spend the ad dollars.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 03:18 PM
    Well did you noticed that BlackBerry has around 1% market share? You expect everyone to know about the Priv?

The store will know about the Priv when they receive their units tomorrow... Not before.

Posted via CB10
    The last stats I could find from March, show BlackBerry at 8.9% in Canada (where Bell is located) Apple tops Samsung in Canadian smartphone market share: comScore | MobileSyrup.com
    11-05-15 04:12 PM
    I just dropped into a private phone store that features Telus units mostly and asked about the Priv. The two guys I talked to were stoked about the phone (described the Priv as "Sick"). They went to go show me the phone but it was already out on a demo for a Corp client (this company sells to businesses mostly). Both sales guys were young but clearly very excited. Sounds like they had extensively played with the Demo unit. Neither of these guys are current BlackBerry users. Encouraging I think, but this is only one store.

Posted via CB10
    aspurrell likes this.
    11-05-15 04:35 PM
    You would think but employees are mostly there just for a paycheck as this scenario is quite common myself included. ERverything that is mentioned in this blog post I have personally experienced in store. Therefore my business is now done solely in a Rogers Corporate store. They aren't advertised as corporate stores so you have to ask. I have found that at Rogers Corporate stores the employees are held more accountable and they have to learn new products regardless even Blackberry devices. But agreed tho employees do have their favs and will obviously push the devices they think is best. The staff at Rogers Corporate shops are better informed and have better knowledge as well, just my personal experience. I reserved my device on the Rogers reservation system and as of yesterday afternoon showed "in progress" so I'm confident that It will be delivered to the corporate store Friday which is also launch day. I'm really excited about this device as bbos10 was really missing the google play services run time fully so it was really in complete and limited the android apps that would work for me. I pre-ordered my oem priv flip case and that came two days ago so I'm definately ready for the PRIV.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    I also ordered thru Rogers Corporate but am unable to view my progress as the link to my reservation page simply doesn't work.. I have received the 2 weekly email updates confirming my position in the queue (32 of 171 last week) and was told I'd receive notification upon shipping. Nothing since. I am in Toronto and have no idea even where I'm supposed to pick it up etc. Any ideas? tia
    11-05-15 04:43 PM
    BlackBerry has always put together elearning modules for their phones. We've always received them two to three weeks ahead.

We have yet to receive our modules from BB.

Just saying.
    11-06-15 06:57 AM
35 12