Rep was not aware of Priv...the boss was...say will receive tomorrow, and they'll have only one device....how the hell BlackBerry can sell phones if nobodies know the PRIV

Posted via CB10
    Gelzz likes this.
    11-05-15 09:16 AM
    Just spoke to a Bell corporate store this morning as well. They were not sure how many devices they would be getting. She said to call in the morning and they will know how many they received.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-05-15 09:20 AM
    Probably still under the NDA until tomorrow.
    11-05-15 09:22 AM
    Probably still under the NDA until tomorrow.
    Lol na

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:26 AM
    Rep was not aware of Priv...the boss was...say will receive tomorrow, and they'll have only one device....how the hell BlackBerry can sell phones if nobodies know the PRIV

Posted via CB10
    Well did you noticed that BlackBerry has around 1% market share? You expect everyone to know about the Priv?

The store will know about the Priv when they receive their units tomorrow... Not before.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:33 AM
    Well did you noticed that BlackBerry has around 1% market share? You expect everyone to know about the Priv?

The store will know about the Priv when they receive their units tomorrow... Not before.

Posted via CB10
    This makes no sense. NDA would not stop stores from knowing and advertising that the phone is coming and will be available. BB10 market share means nothing here. This is a new, high end Android phone, and all outlets and staff should have complete knowledge of it at this point. A freaking corporate email and training should have come out weeks ago to get them ready.

I get frustrated hearing this crap. It is appalling. I need to stop thinking about the damn Priv. Back to work.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:41 AM
    My general observations are that phone store employees are mostly all morons.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    11-05-15 09:44 AM

Back in the day when phone stylus' were still a thing, I asked a phone rep if a phone was capacitive or resistive.

I got a big "WUT"

You don't have to be smart to do sales.
    11-05-15 09:48 AM
    This makes no sense. NDA would not stop stores from knowing and advertising that the phone is coming and will be available. BB10 market share means nothing here. This is a new, high end Android phone, and all outlets and staff should have complete knowledge of it at this point. A freaking corporate email and training should have come out weeks ago to get them ready.

I get frustrated hearing this crap. It is appalling. I need to stop thinking about the damn Priv. Back to work.

Posted via CB10
    Emails can be sent, but you're assuming people read them.
    11-05-15 09:50 AM

I wouldn't blame them... everyone has their opinion... some of them would be apple fans, some android fans and some 'maybe' BlackBerry fans...

The recommendation would be based on what they like the most. If you ask an ifan about an android device, he would neither be interested or try to explain you... he is simply gonna push an apple device...

I am pretty sure that die hard BlackBerry fan working in a store would definitely know the status of the Priv...

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:51 AM
    I would ask them what they use thier phone for and depending on the answer, give them what they need.
    11-05-15 09:53 AM
    Can't say I'm surprised
    11-05-15 09:56 AM
    if i were you i would stop calling or asking, those folks don't necessarily know everything, the phone has not been officially released yet. one more day and all this ambiguity should be lifted.
    11-05-15 10:02 AM
    I wouldn't blame them... everyone has their opinion... some of them would be apple fans, some android fans and some 'maybe' BlackBerry fans...

The recommendation would be based on what they like the most. If you ask an ifan about an android device, he would neither be interested or try to explain you... he is simply gonna push an apple device...

I am pretty sure that die hard BlackBerry fan working in a store would definitely know the status of the Priv...

Posted via CB10
    It's not just BlackBerry that they are morons about. I asked details about the new Samsung and Apple phones for my daughter and they have no clue. The girl looked like she graduated high school last week and the guy that was there seemed totally confused by my size of screen question. Yikes is all I can say.

11-05-15 10:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    I am not talking about NDA. I am talking about a company with limited reach and budget... do you think BlackBerry will contact all carriers and offer them free training to all their employees about the upcoming Priv?

Do you think any carrier will spend a small fortune training their employee about the Priv? They may do it for the iPhone but not the Priv!

There are probably 10,000 point of sales in Canada, probably 100,000 in the US. It's simply impossible with a limited budget to get everyone aware of the Priv. So it's normal that employees don't know about this phone yet. They will when they receive it, including the marketing material.

Also remember that most store clerks are part time employees whom are students. They probably spend much more time studying than reading corporate memos

Posted via CB10
    Brad Morse likes this.
    11-05-15 10:08 AM
    Fine, you would think that when a new product launch is coming up the store manager would have a huddle with employees, provide a run down of the device, it's strengths and weaknesses and how to best position it.

Also, a comment above about employees pushing the brand they personally use; I would want my employees to be tech fans first. No brand loyalty. Sell what ever best suits the customer without any bias. Dreaming right?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 10:10 AM
    Back in the day when phone stylus' were still a thing, I asked a phone rep if a phone was capacitive or resistive.

I got a big "WUT"

You don't have to be smart to do sales.
    I assume you mean retail sales . Otherwise I would take offense as a high end software sales rep.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    tpmjb likes this.
    11-05-15 10:26 AM
    I assume you mean retail sales . Otherwise I would take offense as a high end software sales rep.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    Yeah, I was at the Verizon Store. I was really just bored. I've never bought a phone from the store before. eBay + bad esn = cheap.
    11-05-15 11:54 AM
    Fine, you would think that when a new product launch is coming up the store manager would have a huddle with employees, provide a run down of the device, it's strengths and weaknesses and how to best position it.

Also, a comment above about employees pushing the brand they personally use; I would want my employees to be tech fans first. No brand loyalty. Sell what ever best suits the customer without any bias. Dreaming right?

Posted via CB10
    Ideally yes, but in reality no. you would be amazed by how many weird stories you would hear about different corporations, small and big.
    On paper that is supports to happen, but go figure. from my own experience, the sales rep are not necessarily all knowledgeable about tech stuff, the would know the plans yes but not necessarily all the phones or what is good and bad about them.
    think of a restaurant staff that you ask about a certain dish, and they say : oh i am not sure, let me check for you...
    11-05-15 12:04 PM
    Unless the Priv takes off really fast, this phone will go in the least desirable corner of the Bell, AT&T, Rogers, etc. stores and never be touched or talked about again just like the other Blackberry models. Carriers are partly to blame for their disinterest but so is Blackberry for their abysmal marketing effort and seemingly small interest in seeing the Priv succeed.

Imagine what a company like Samsung could have done with an innovative phone like the Priv!
    11-05-15 12:33 PM
    Unless the Priv takes off really fast, this phone will go in the least desirable corner of the Bell, AT&T, Rogers, etc. stores and never be touched or talked about again just like the other Blackberry models. Carriers are partly to blame for their disinterest but so is Blackberry for their abysmal marketing effort and seemingly small interest in seeing the Priv succeed.

Imagine what a company like Samsung could have done with an innovative phone like the Priv!
    I don't get it. Now that BlackBerry is an Android phone, what bias can still remain? A confusing OS? Nope (I never found BB10 confusing). A lack of apps? Obviously not.

So, why than would the carriers, especially here in Canada, not want to promote the heck out of this?

I swear, it feels rigged.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 01:00 PM
    I don't get it. Now that BlackBerry is an Android phone, what bias can still remain? A confusing OS? Nope (I never found BB10 confusing). A lack of apps? Obviously not.

So, why than would the carriers, especially here in Canada, not want to promote the heck out of this?

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps maybe, because they don't receive any kickbacks err...I mean incentives from BB?
    11-05-15 01:12 PM
    WIND just told me the outright price is $899 + tax... is Bell still selling it for $799?
    11-05-15 01:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    I honestly believe this is trickle launch due to limited supply. A blitz of advertising might probably pique interest but back ordering would drive sales elsewhere. I think they are trying to titrate demand with supply and cranking everything up slowly.
    11-05-15 01:16 PM
    Perhaps maybe, because they don't receive any kickbacks err...I mean incentives from BB?
    i agree, BB needs to give incentive to the sales rep because they are on the front line and have direct contact with the customers.
    11-05-15 01:33 PM
35 12