11-03-15 04:31 PM
40 12
tools
    Yes I knew that when ordering but wanted to get a feel for Android. This was almost $500 so not sure why everyone is so up in arms re the $699 Priv price.

Posted via CB10
    a lot of ppl want everything for cheap but also want all the good stuff inside ....................some ppl are just never happy
    10-24-15 12:37 AM
    Speaking from experience, all that fancy "fluidity" stuff is no good if apps quit working cause it doesn't get updated, or gets updated but needs G-play to work, or never gets updated to show an accurate Map. And speaking of communication, that's what Facebook is much about & the native App is close to useless. All you're left with is really a glorified flip phone.
    I feel for this one. I tried every mobile OS available the last couple of years and I'm convinced that BB10 is the best OS for productivity and overview of communication. I do not use a lot of apps and don't need games. I do travel a lot so I need maps and an app that tells me where the speed cameras are. I used to be able to get both of those apps without any tinkering. Lately I'm forced to patch the apps to prevent Google services from crashing it.

I'm quite tech savvy, so I don't mind to do so. I like the tinkering, but most people don't. They just will say the phone lacks functionality and they are right. The fact that even Facebook that's 'integrated' just works like crap is not helping at all.

Still I like my BlackBerries the best of any and will keep using it but I'm afraid it will slowly degrade to the level that we are forced to have a second device or switch to another os.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 12:40 AM
    Speaking from experience, all that fancy "fluidity" stuff is no good if apps quit working cause it doesn't get updated, or gets updated but needs G-play to work, or never gets updated to show an accurate Map. And speaking of communication, that's what Facebook is much about & the native App is close to useless. All you're left with is really a glorified flip phone.

The lack of developer support and user adoption of bb10 is making that a reality sadly. The platform has SO MUCH potential but will unfortunately not be able to forsee it.

I can't blame Chen for backing out because unfortunately BlackBerry has no financial situation to keep trying unlike microsoft for example - which is continually bankrolled by its desktop OS and software business.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 08:17 PM
    After seeing the Priv Simulator on another thread, I decided to return the Nexus and can't wait to order the Priv. Everything from the Build Quality to the BlackBerry add ons make that phone look desirable.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 09:34 PM
    Really?... name one capability that bb10 doesn't have other than from apps...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Customizable UI.

Android is inherently more flexible.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-25-15 09:35 PM
    The only thing you should pay attention too is the awesome variety of apps. Your missing the pkb and all the bb10 features that will be featured on the priv.
    10-25-15 11:17 PM
    The people venting about price and the ones saying Motorola and nexus are cheaper
    Nexus 6P enters torture chamber: scratches and bends with troubling ease

seems like the nexus line is not that high quality ....
    things that wont happen to a blackberry device bending. What bent my Q10 may it RIP was a car that drove over it, it worked for a few months well after i changed the entire housing (screen and phkb) but it died after that.

So i have no doubt that this BB will stand up to torture.

also in other news I cracked my S6 camera lens good news it cost 1USD and the rest of the phone survived thanks to Clear Coat the bad news is it cracked and it annoys me lol.....

also
    10-30-15 11:43 AM
    I just bought a cream cheese bagel in anticipation of the priv. I really should have got the herb and garlic because it tastes cheap.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Frix likes this.
    10-30-15 11:47 AM
    There really isn't a "Nexus line," at least not in terms of hardware quality as different manufacturers make the Nexus phones each year: LG, ASUS, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, now Huawei too.
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-30-15 02:29 PM
    Really?... name one capability that bb10 doesn't have other than from apps...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639

OK you cars has wheels but what else can it do?
    10-30-15 02:32 PM
    Does it bend?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-30-15 07:33 PM
    The people venting about price and the ones saying Motorola and nexus are cheaper
    Nexus 6P enters torture chamber: scratches and bends with troubling ease

I finally watched the video.

It should be noted that the "tester" broke the screen and burned it in two places with a lighter before "testing" it's bending resistance. Of course it bent; the glass was broken and the glue probably melted. It's the difference between bending a sheet of cardboard versus bending a cardboard box.
    10-31-15 06:27 PM
    I finally watched the video.

It should be noted that the "tester" broke the screen and burned it in two places with a lighter before "testing" it's bending resistance. Of course it bent; the glass was broken and the glue probably melted. It's the difference between bending a sheet of cardboard versus bending a cardboard box.
    It should be noted that the scratch test should not have broken the screen (weak) please watch his other videos of competing devices...
    heat and glass aside it should be tougher to bend the device. The aluminum clearly they used is clearly a cheaper variant ... and it is too easy to scratch. also why did the iPhone, S6, one plus 2 and others did not bend or break as easy smh ... 6p is a nice phone but does not seem durable ... the S6 i have is more durable as well as the 6S.

so to me the abuse means nothing phone is still brittle

point is BB is kind of justified in pricing ... if not get a cheaper device or wait for the price to drop smh... not saying u were one who was complaining about price btw.
    10-31-15 07:29 PM
    Then again... maybe that wasn't it, lol

Another video, same person, uncompromised phone bending easily:

11-03-15 03:54 PM
    You're comparing two different things in your evaluation - hardware and software.

If you're just trying Android out then the hardware look and feel shouldn't be a factor. If look and feel of the device was an issue then you should have bought a Samsung or LG.
    11-03-15 04:31 PM
40 12