Just received the Nexus x 32GB from Google ordered weeks ago to see if Android is usable. Not too impressed so far - so much work to check and respond to messages. Meh screen, poor sound and feels cheap in hand.

Hopefully the build quality of the Priv will be normal BlackBerry quality and the Hub etc will make a big difference. I'll give this a couple more days but nothing great to report. You can't compare this to using a classic or passport.

Roll on Priv in anticipation!

Posted via CB10
    ptpete likes this.
    10-23-15 08:02 PM
    Just received the Nexus x 32GB from Google... Meh screen, poor sound and feels cheap in hand
    Sure, it's the less expensive Nexus where some compromises were made.

The 6P has a more vibrant AMOLED screen, stereo speakers and premium metal housing.
    10-23-15 08:10 PM
    Yes I knew that when ordering but wanted to get a feel for Android. This was almost $500 so not sure why everyone is so up in arms re the $699 Priv price.

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 and ptpete like this.
    10-23-15 08:45 PM
    Just received the Nexus x 32GB from Google ordered weeks ago to see if Android is usable. Not too impressed so far - so much work to check and respond to messages. Meh screen, poor sound and feels cheap in hand.

Hopefully the build quality of the Priv will be normal BlackBerry quality and the Hub etc will make a big difference. I'll give this a couple more days but nothing great to report. You can't compare this to using a classic or passport.

Posted via CB10
    The in and out of apps to reply to messages and mail drives me crazy in Android. That's why the BlackBerry Hub is key to me for the Priv.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    10-23-15 08:48 PM
    How do I add speed dials (aka favorites) to my Z10 OS 10.2?

I can add a few; I can't add many.

Want to know how to do it in Android? Tell me which dialer you have.

Don't like whatever launcher this thing ships with? Pick your own. Me, I loved Aviate. Took me awhile to find it.

I get the feeling way, way too many of you have lived a very isolated life, see one or two things happening that you don't like on an Android phone, and immediately dismiss Android as "useless". I guarantee, if you don't like something on Android you can change it.

I know for a stone-cold fact that both Google Now and Cortana (Windows 8.1 Mobile) are WAY better than the voice control on my Z10. WAY WAY better.

My guess is, at some point enough BB10 people will experience what Android brings to the table for functionality and will suddenly realize, ohmigod look at what we've been missing.

Until then, we'll see threads like this.
    weezul likes this.
    10-23-15 08:50 PM
    I hope I can get used to Android. I had a S3 Mini for three days and I got bored of it. I just remember that there's hundreds of people like me on Crackberry doing the same thing so maybe we can learn together.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 08:53 PM
    my Z10 OS 10.2?
    Man, talk about isolated (old OS!)
    10-23-15 08:59 PM
    10.2? Yeah, 10.3 offers a couple of features, but it's not OLD.

My t-mobile Z10 won't ever get 10.3.

The capabilities of Android compared to any flavor of BB10 are eye-opening.
    10-23-15 09:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can't compare a 300$ device with a 700$ one. The premium ones come with premium hardware... out of all the android phones, nexus series of devices come with pure android with no bloatware... if you don't like it, you ain't gonna like the Priv...

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-23-15 09:57 PM
    You can't compare a 300$ device with a 700$ one. The premium ones come with premium hardware... out of all the android phones, nexus series of devices come with pure android with no bloatware... if you don't like it, you ain't gonna like the Priv...

Posted via CB10
    of course it feels cheap thats what the Nexus 6P is for better camera, metal build, better speakers, better screen etc and u can make android easier to use there are apps for that smh ... the 5x is $3XX not 6XX to 7XX $$$
    Genetic likes this.
    10-23-15 10:20 PM
    It's not really the device but more the OS that falls way short of using BB10.3. Also it was just under $500 not $300 for the Nexus.

I didn't mean to criticize the new Nexus or MM but felt disappointed in using Android compared to the Classic and Passport. I'm really hoping the use of Emails, texts and other messages are similar to using a BB once the Priv arrives.
    gvs1341 likes this.
    10-23-15 10:21 PM
    Well, you got a Nexus with Android 6.0 to get ready for the BlackBerry with Android 5.1.1 , so I'm guessing there might be a couple of things on the OS side that the Nexus can do that the Priv can't.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    10-23-15 10:26 PM
    I had the nexus 4 (great device), nexus 5 (good device) and the HTC One M8 (awesome decixd) among having the Q10, Z10 and a passport for about a week each.

Every manufacturer is going to have some issues, either software and or hardware but I believe we'll have a winner in the BlackBerry Priv.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-23-15 10:38 PM
    Yes I knew that when ordering but wanted to get a feel for Android. This was almost $500 so not sure why everyone is so up in arms re the $699 Priv price.

Posted via CB10
    EXACTLY.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    10-23-15 10:41 PM
    10.2? Yeah, 10.3 offers a couple of features, but it's not OLD.

My t-mobile Z10 won't ever get 10.3.

The capabilities of Android compared to any flavor of BB10 are eye-opening.
    Really?... name one capability that bb10 doesn't have other than from apps...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-23-15 10:46 PM
    It's not really the device but more the OS that falls way short of using BB10.3. Also it was just under $500 not $300 for the Nexus.

I didn't mean to criticize the new Nexus or MM but felt disappointed in using Android compared to the Classic and Passport. I'm really hoping the use of Emails, texts and other messages are similar to using a BB once the Priv arrives.
    Well the Priv will have the BB hub, so that part should be similar to BB10, just no gestures. The rest should be close to what you are seeing on Nexus.
    10-23-15 10:49 PM
    Well the Priv will have the BB hub, so that part should be similar to BB10, just no gestures. The rest should be close to what you are seeing on Nexus.
    Recent apps on Priv looks like active frames on BB10. Similar but closer to a BlackBerry experience

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-23-15 10:55 PM
    Recent apps on Priv looks like active frames on BB10. Similar but closer to a BlackBerry experience

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Cool, hadn't seen that.
    10-23-15 11:14 PM
    Voice control that actually works, for one.
    10-23-15 11:24 PM
    Really?... name one capability that bb10 doesn't have other than from apps...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Real time email sync of the inbox.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-23-15 11:28 PM
    How do I add speed dials (aka favorites) to my Z10 OS 10.2?

I can add a few; I can't add many.

Want to know how to do it in Android? Tell me which dialer you have.

Don't like whatever launcher this thing ships with? Pick your own. Me, I loved Aviate. Took me awhile to find it.

I get the feeling way, way too many of you have lived a very isolated life, see one or two things happening that you don't like on an Android phone, and immediately dismiss Android as "useless". I guarantee, if you don't like something on Android you can change it.

I know for a stone-cold fact that both Google Now and Cortana (Windows 8.1 Mobile) are WAY better than the voice control on my Z10. WAY WAY better.

My guess is, at some point enough BB10 people will experience what Android brings to the table for functionality and will suddenly realize, ohmigod look at what we've been missing.

Most people aren't looking to spend hours of their time customizing a phone out of the box JUST so it can be bearable.

You're mistake is thinking everyone is like that.

There is no launcher - I repeat NO launcher or current android configuration - that can even come close to bb10 interms of speed, fluidity, ability to multi task, and the superiority of which it deals with communications.

That being said android does offer many other advantages most namely it's ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    fadi.alsaidi likes this.
    10-23-15 11:36 PM
    Most people aren't looking to spend hours of their time customizing a phone out of the box JUST so it can be bearable.

You're mistake is thinking everyone is like that.

There is no launcher - I repeat NO launcher or current android configuration - that can even come close to bb10 interms of speed, fluidity, ability to multi task, and the superiority of which it deals with communications.

That being said android does offer many other advantages most namely it's ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    Good point.

And yes, Google now, siri, and cortana makes BlackBerry assistant look like a beta test. And their usefulness is actually very convenient, but it still doesn't trump the key communications aspect of BlackBerry 10.

The heart of other OS'S is consumption whereas BlackBerry 10 it's about production.

I own both androids (moto X, OnePlus, LG g3) and BlackBerry phones. It's night and day.

And the average user do not know how to add different launchers or to root their phones...

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    10-23-15 11:57 PM

you should work for Google. You are outstanding at selling it. But tell me about productivity... functionality is just a given with a flagship.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 12:07 AM
    Voice control that actually works, for one.
    For one you aren't talking about Z10 with 10.3.2... which can be done yourself if T-Mobile won't do it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-24-15 12:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    Speaking from experience, all that fancy "fluidity" stuff is no good if apps quit working cause it doesn't get updated, or gets updated but needs G-play to work, or never gets updated to show an accurate Map. And speaking of communication, that's what Facebook is much about & the native App is close to useless. All you're left with is really a glorified flip phone.
    southlander likes this.
    10-24-15 12:25 AM
40 12