If runs BB10 then I'm excited. Still has some compromise like the headphone jack on the bottom, and we'll have to see what else is comprised. Still would prefer an all touch and it would be cheaper to produce due to a much easier manufacturing process.

Posted via Z30
    08-09-15 07:14 AM
    Yes it looks awesome and yes I'll buy it BB10 or not.
    08-09-15 08:39 AM
    It's hard to be impressed when it's rumored to be running Android...

Sent from my Passport
    kgbbz10 and chgaida like this.
    08-09-15 09:27 AM
    Physical design looks OK. I don't know how I feel about the edges. If it's running android then I'll definitely pass. Came from android and after using my Z30 for a year now, I really have no desire to go back to android. So I can't sign into google services, that's not a huge deal. The layout and efficiency of BB10 outweighs that for me. Yes, it would be nice but not a deal breaker. I really don't know why so many people around here seem to want BB to switch to android. Maybe it's just the same 5 people making lots of noise? At any rate, I agree with others that I just want this thing to be released to end the rumor mill...
    08-09-15 09:45 AM
    Physical design looks OK. I don't know how I feel about the edges. If it's running android then I'll definitely pass. Came from android and after using my Z30 for a year now, I really have no desire to go back to android. So I can't sign into google services, that's not a huge deal. The layout and efficiency of BB10 outweighs that for me. Yes, it would be nice but not a deal breaker. I really don't know why so many people around here seem to want BB to switch to android. Maybe it's just the same 5 people making lots of noise? At any rate, I agree with others that I just want this thing to be released to end the rumor mill...
    We don't want them to, but since they can't even break the million units sold mark despite us here at CB buying three or four devices of each model's color variant, then it's very clear that if they don't at least try Android, we will be left with no BlackBerry devices to buy at all. (It's just not sustainable to engineer, design and manufacture a smartphone at such small volumes and then have to sell it at $300 because even the 'fans' complain when they try to charge $599).

So... the ones that are staunchly against it are probably the ones that can't understand the concept of putting up with something unpleasant and difficult right now in exchange for a long-term positive result. Because, at the end of the day, if BlackBerry shuts down its device division completely due to BB10 not selling at all, then they will never make another device. If they remain afloat using the cash from Android devices, then at least they maintain the capability.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:11 AM
    Yeah because BB10 has a proven track record of strong sales...Nobody wants it. Sadly this is Blackberrys last hail marry attempt to save it's handset division. BB10 has failed to gain any momentum now they can make some noise and run Android with a hint of BB10 layered over it with the best in class keyboard.The logic is to maybe convince corporate users to stay and build a niche market with keyboard lovers. As a BB user and fan, i really hope they find something profitable for them that works in the handset division.
    08-09-15 10:17 AM
    Yes, I agree they need a winner of a phone in terms of sales if they are going to stay in the handset business. I am OK if they do both android and bb10, I just don't want them to go all android. But I'm sure there are smarter people than me making the decisions and it's ultimately about the shareholders so I am going to stop commenting to stop looking stupid

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:24 AM
    It does look captivating and off beat.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2204
    Fidel Mercado likes this.
    08-09-15 10:25 AM
    We don't want them to, but since they can't even break the million units sold mark despite us here at CB buying three or four devices of each model's color variant, then it's very clear that if they don't at least try Android, we will be left with no BlackBerry devices to buy at all. (It's just not sustainable to engineer, design and manufacture a smartphone at such small volumes and then have to sell it at $300 because even the 'fans' complain when they try to charge $599).

So... the ones that are staunchly against it are probably the ones that can't understand the concept of putting up with something unpleasant and difficult right now in exchange for a long-term positive result. Because, at the end of the day, if BlackBerry shuts down its device division completely due to BB10 not selling at all, then they will never make another device. If they remain afloat using the cash from Android devices, then at least they maintain the capability.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmmmmm. They can't break a Million units with people here buying three to four color variants of every PKB device that they make. Funny they were breaking a Million units with just all touch devices early on. Hmmmmmm. You know what I haven't bought any of since going with a Z device? PKB anything. Haven't since I retired the Bold 9900. I have bought 3 Z10 and 2 Z30 devices. Haven't bought any Q10 white or black. Haven't bought any Passport Red, White, Black or SE. Haven't bought any Red, White, Blue or Black Classics, and won't buy the Bronze either. Won't buy the Leap because it is a downgrade, and I won't buy an Android based BlackBerry. Doubt I'm the only one of the Millions of Z owners out there that have these same buying habits and thoughts.

Why do I want BlackBerry to survive if it means they are making Android devices and not BB10 devices? Why should I care? I can buy an Android device from plenty of other manufacturers that all have access to the same ecosystem and apps. Pretty sure if BlackBerry makes something that doesn't suck with Android that some enterprising young Android tweaker will steal the IP and release a copy of it, or just rip it straight of the code and release it for all. If Chevy started putting Ford motors in their trucks I wouldn't buy a Chevy, I'd go buy a different truck.

Oh and I put up with something "unpleasant and difficult" in the PlayBook and early BB10 releases, so I'm well aware of the "concept". I'm also well aware of the "concept" that BlackBerry put nowhere near the effort needed into those "concepts" to make them successful, and know that they won't put the effort into the BlackBerry Android "concept" to make it successful either. If BlackBerry goes out of business the patents and technology will be bought for cheap in liquidation and hopefully a competent organization can take them and leverage them instead of BlackBerry just leaving us to expect a constant state of unpleasant and difficult transitions.

Posted via Z30
    08-09-15 10:41 AM
    Yeah because BB10 has a proven track record of strong sales...Nobody wants it. Sadly this is Blackberrys last hail marry attempt to save it's handset division. BB10 has failed to gain any momentum now they can make some noise and run Android with a hint of BB10 layered over it with the best in class keyboard.The logic is to maybe convince corporate users to stay and build a niche market with keyboard lovers. As a BB user and fan, i really hope they find something profitable for them that works in the handset division.
    I am not a huge fan of a slider or an android blackberrry , but I think a slider may be a good choice to enter the android market.

If they tried to do an all touch device, it would likely not match up well to the top tier androids and get passed over pretty quick. A full keyboard device would come across as typical BlackBerry and not create much buzz.

A slider may resonate with some android users who miss the pkb, but are not will to give up screen real estate. It will be unique and I can see it selling as a niche device. I know my wife held on to her horrible Samsung Stratosphere for way too long. She is currently using a Q10, and will likely get the Venice whether it's BB10 or Android

Posted via CB10
    Michael_Stewart likes this.
    08-09-15 10:43 AM
    Curved screen is silly, I've used the s6 edge a few times now, it makes a horrible edge to edge experience
    08-09-15 10:49 AM
    Hmmmmmm. They can't break a Million units with people here buying three to four color variants of every PKB device that they make. Funny they were breaking a Million units with just all touch devices early on. Hmmmmmm. You know what I haven't bought any of since going with a Z device? PKB anything. Haven't since I retired the Bold 9900. I have bought 3 Z10 and 2 Z30 devices. Haven't bought any Q10 white or black. Haven't bought any Passport Red, White, Black or SE. Haven't bought any Red, White, Blue or Black Classics, and won't buy the Bronze either. Won't buy the Leap because it is a downgrade, and I won't buy an Android based BlackBerry. Doubt I'm the only one of the Millions of Z owners out there that have these same buying habits and thoughts.

Why do I want BlackBerry to survive if it means they are making Android devices and not BB10 devices? Why should I care? I can buy an Android device from plenty of other manufacturers that all have access to the same ecosystem and apps. Pretty sure if BlackBerry makes something that doesn't suck with Android that some enterprising young Android tweaker will steal the IP and release a copy of it, or just rip it straight of the code and release it for all. If Chevy started putting Ford motors in their trucks I wouldn't buy a Chevy, I'd go buy a different truck.

Oh and I put up with something "unpleasant and difficult" in the PlayBook and early BB10 releases, so I'm well aware of the "concept". I'm also well aware of the "concept" that BlackBerry put nowhere near the effort needed into those "concepts" to make them successful, and know that they won't put the effort into the BlackBerry Android "concept" to make it successful either. If BlackBerry goes out of business the patents and technology will be bought for cheap in liquidation and hopefully a competent organization can take them and leverage them instead of BlackBerry just leaving us to expect a constant state of unpleasant and difficult transitions.

Posted via Z30
    Well, that's your take. But I would rather them stick around contributing to the smartphone space, even if it's their interpretation of Android and some innovative hardware designs.

I didn't support BlackBerry just for BBOS, or just BB10 (which some felt was a betrayal in itself). I like the way their engineering mindset flows (unfortunately it doesn't exactly align with the priorities of masses). So for me, it will be extremely fascinating to see what they do here. Can they adapt? Can they, having a wider Android audience, make their engineering design decisions compelling enough to those that don't think that way?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:59 AM
    Curved screen is silly, I've used the s6 edge a few times now, it makes a horrible edge to edge experience
    I think it was chosen to lessen the apparent thickness added by the sliding mechanism. Wrapping the visible edge around may minimize how 'thick' it looks.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 11:01 AM
    I am impressed. Only thing that kept me from picking up another platform (was pretty close to jumping ship due to frustration with my Z30). But it would be nice if they released more info on it.
    08-09-15 12:57 PM
    I actually thought it was kind of fugly.

One of the reasons I got a Q10 as my first BlackBerry was that other phones were getting way too big, to the point where it gets uncomfortable in my hands, and also in my pocket.

The slider is just way too big. And if it is running Android, that would be a double fail.
    Michael_Stewart likes this.
    08-09-15 01:48 PM
    I would love to hear from anyone whose not impressed with the rumored 18mp camera, curved display, and slide out rendering of the rumored BB Venice. I mean C'mon. This phone if rumors are true will absolutely sale.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Only if BlackBerry decides to market it.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 01:52 PM
    [QUOTE=Elite1;11843148]Thread moved to Slider Forum.[/QUOTE

There is a forum for a phone that is not released yet ?
    08-09-15 04:04 PM
    Too big. No slider. :'(
    08-09-15 04:34 PM
    I'll buy this no matter what it runs. I'm quite comfortable with any OS and BlackBerry hardware has always been good in the sense that is is well built. I think a lot of Android fans would be happy to give this a try if it does have a physical keyboard.
    MO3iusONE and BerryRipe like this.
    08-09-15 04:50 PM
    Sure. If it runs BB10.

If it's running Android, I don't see it competing with other Android handsets out there.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    This is the attitude that will kill BlackBerry.

Face it, BB10 has failed. I love the OS as much as you but it hasn't sold. If you want them to stay making hardware, then you need to accept this.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 04:58 PM
    Also the amount of owners who own BB10 isn't so significant that they will not generate sales from upgrades. Having android will capture a much wider audience if properly marketed. For every BB10 user who decides to jump ship because BB went android, the amount of android users that may become interested in BB is worth the risk. It's a trade worth making. Being elitists of BB10 doesn't do anyone good. Either you want BB to be successful with android and maybe have an option to go with BB10 as well or you want BB to remain the way it is with BB10 only. I want BB to be successful.
    08-09-15 05:05 PM
    Hopefully it looks better in real life.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 05:37 PM
    It looks bland thus far from all renders and photos leaked specifically port�til to be official. Not impressed but hey my opinion will only affect my spending dollars and ownership of not spending for this model.

I don't loose my cool

Posted via CB10
    sonicpix likes this.
    08-09-15 05:55 PM
    It looks bland thus far from all renders and photos leaked specifically port�til to be official. Not impressed but hey my opinion will only affect my spending dollars and ownership of not spending for this model.

I don't loose my cool

Posted via CB10
    I gotta disagree a curved display with slide out PKB looks pretty cool in my opinion. The 18mp cam and potential hub features will be a nice touch, IMO

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-09-15 06:00 PM
    If it's running BB10, sure it will sell... to the same super small sliver of market share that already has BB10.

If it runs Android, it could sell a lot more. Some BBOS folks might buy it. Some BB10 folks might buy it. And most importantly, some Android folks might buy it.

Just the rumor of an Android BlackBerry has plenty of people excited about possibly owning a BlackBerry again. Plenty of former BBOS/current iOS or Android owners that I know personally have expressed their intentions of buying a BlackBerry again if it is running Android. Like the vast majority of the smartphone buying public, none of them have any interest in or want BB10. If the Slider is running BB10, I know I'd be less interested in it.
    Last edited by jmr1015; 08-09-15 at 06:56 PM.
    08-09-15 06:41 PM
115 1234 ...