If BB rely exclusively on the android strategy, then they are already dead.

I just looked at the last review video and 90% of what I see is the same as any android slab in the last 3 years.

5% is the pkb, I don't think this alone will drive sales or generate interest among the samsung brigade.

The last 5% is the touch sensitivity on the pkb, which is like fitting wheels to a snow board.

One look at that phone will tell anyone that Blackberry has given up being original, and done a Nokia.

Because they failed in marketing, they are now going to fail in handsets.

Posted via CB10
    lnichols likes this.
    09-20-15 07:00 PM
    So. You're saying there's a chance? Sweet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    astrodan13 likes this.
    09-20-15 07:01 PM
    Vegas odds?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 07:02 PM
    If BB rely exclusively on the android strategy, then they are already dead.

I just looked at the last review video and 90% of what I see is the same as any android slab in the last 3 years.

5% is the pkb, I don't think this alone will drive sales or generate interest among the samsung brigade.

The last 5% is the touch sensitivity on the pkb, which is like fitting wheels to a snow board.

One look at that phone will tell anyone that Blackberry has given up being original, and done a Nokia.

Because they failed in marketing, they are now going to fail in handsets.

Posted via CB10
    I beg to disagree. Front facing speakers, an awesome camera(based on optics+MP count, could still be a dud). QHD curved amoled screen.

I have a note 4 which is relatively on par with this Slider that I'm selling and probably taking a loss just to get this. If this is as good as I hope it is, I'll be selling the Classic for this to take over as my daily driver and buying the Z5 Premium as a secondary device.

This slider is promising, I'm excitied for android+the keyboard+the HUB. I rely on the Hub a lot, just because everything is right there. It makes life easier.

This isn't junk, sorry you feel that way..
    ahmedhanif911 and astrodan13 like this.
    09-20-15 07:05 PM
    Lol why don't you tell Sony,HTC,Motorola,Meizu,LG to give up as well because of the "samsung brigade"? Are they dead as well? Not everybody likes touchwiz. Does marketing solve everything? Hardly. People who just say they didn't spend enough on marketing is not looking at the whole picture.
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    09-20-15 07:09 PM
    I beg to disagree. Front facing speakers, an awesome camera(based on optics+MP count, could still be a dud). QHD curved amoled screen.

I have a note 4 which is relatively on par with this Slider that I'm selling and probably taking a loss just to get this. If this is as good as I hope it is, I'll be selling the Classic for this to take over as my daily driver and buying the Z5 Premium as a secondary device.

This slider is promising, I'm excitied for android+the keyboard+the HUB. I rely on the Hub a lot, just because everything is right there. It makes life easier.

This isn't junk, sorry you feel that way..
    I'm exactly EXACTLY in the same situation down to the Note 4.

This won't be junk, I think it will be Blackberry's chance to get back on its feet and give it the breath it needs to get some other new devices out there. As for Android, they will finally have a manufacturer with high security standards and great build quality offering a high end phone... That's what Google need to do some serious business oriented marketing against Apple.

As Google says.: Be together, not the same.

Blackberry fans... Let's all focus on "Not the same" that's what really matters here.

Got the credit card ready to go as soon as I see a Buy now button appear for this bad boy.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-20-15 07:17 PM
    I'm exactly EXACTLY in the same situation down to the Note 4.

This won't be junk, I think it will be Blackberry's chance to get back on its feet and give it the breath it needs to get some other new devices out there. As for Android, they will finally have a manufacturer with high security standards and great build quality offering a high end phone... That's what Google need to do some serious business oriented marketing against Apple.

As Google says.: Be together, not the same.

Blackberry fans... Let's all focus on "Not the same" that's what really matters here.

Got the credit card ready to go as soon as I see a Buy now button appear for this bad boy.
    The only thing I might miss is the pen, I don't take a lot of notes but when I do this pen comes in handy.

Here's hoping I can find a replacement when the slider comes out.
    09-20-15 07:23 PM
    It's going to be the best android smartphone on the market, top battery, hopefully great camera, useful curved features unlike samsungs, top keyboard and to top it off the security, the hub, and all good communication stuff!

Can't wait!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-20-15 07:28 PM
    Lol why don't you tell Sony,HTC,Motorola,Meizu,LG to give up as well because of the "samsung brigade"? Are they dead as well? .
    Those other droid phone makers have been spending the past god knows how many years differentiating themselves from each other to compete on features, Sony for example with waterproof phones and world class display technology.
    Similar story with LG and HTC.

The other thing they have in common is they market the **** out of their devices because they want the public to know what they are capable of.

Blackberry would have to start in that market with only a sliding pkb, and would also have to actually let people know it exists by doing more marketing than they did for the Z30.

i.e. They would have to actually have to do some marketing.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 07:41 PM