I have submitted a support question to Flipboard saying that their app is not working with the BlackBerry Priv physical keyboard gesture for scrolling through the stories tiles, but it is working inside each story.
    The respond I got is like "flipboard no longer support Blackberry, you can run the app on iOS or Andros devices....". LOL they didn't even know the Priv is an Android device. Funny but sad.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    eldricho, dararede and dejanh like this.
    04-17-16 12:17 PM
    Unfortunately a lot of people don't know that the Priv is an android or that BlackBerry even makes android devices.

They see BlackBerry and immediately associate it with BBOS and not even BB10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-17-16 12:25 PM
    I always wonder how much better BlackBerry would have done if they had just changed their name.

04-17-16 12:32 PM
    I always wonder how much better BlackBerry would have done if they had just changed their name.

DroidBerry

04-17-16 12:40 PM
    This comes down to advertisement. I see more advertisement for iPhone's and Samsung phones than any other manufacturer. That's why Samsung is number 1 Worldwide and Apple is number 2. Then again with Apple....oh never mind, don't get me started with Apple. LOL
    BlackBerry needs to PROMOTE!!!
    04-17-16 12:46 PM
    Unfortunately a lot of people don't know that the Priv is an android or that BlackBerry even makes android devices.

They see BlackBerry and immediately associate it with BBOS and not even BB10.

It's true. I explain it to people like this. Do you think Samsung is an android device, or is it its own thing? If you think it's an android device, the priv is the same. If you think of it as its own separate thing, then blackberry is separate as well

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    04-17-16 01:11 PM
    This comes down to advertisement. I see more advertisement for iPhone's and Samsung phones than any other manufacturer. That's why Samsung is number 1 Worldwide and Apple is number 2. Then again with Apple....oh never mind, don't get me started with Apple. LOL
    BlackBerry needs to PROMOTE!!!
    I can't deny that I absolutely LOVE the Apple/Siri/Cookie-Monster commercial.

edited to add: Each time someone LIKES this, I lose another minute and watch it again!
    Last edited by F2; 04-18-16 at 12:17 PM.
    04-17-16 01:12 PM
    I can't deny that I absolutely LOVE the Apple/Siri/Cookie-Monster commercial.

That's cute. LOL
    04-17-16 01:26 PM

Or just kept it Research in Motion, which was a cool name to begin with.
    andy957, anon(9169048) and moody like this.
    04-17-16 01:26 PM
    Or just kept it Research in Motion, which was a cool name to begin with.
    I agree. I love the name Research in Motion. Something powerful in that name.
    04-17-16 01:29 PM
    And RIM totally fits where they are going with car infotainment, autonomous vehicles, IoT.
    moody likes this.
    04-17-16 02:04 PM
    I have submitted a support question to Flipboard saying that their app is not working with the BlackBerry Priv physical keyboard gesture for scrolling through the stories tiles, but it is working inside each story.
    The respond I got is like "flipboard no longer support Blackberry, you can run the app on iOS or Andros devices....". LOL they didn't even know the Priv is an Android device. Funny but sad.

Nobody knows what a Priv is.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    04-17-16 02:15 PM
    Maybe we should all send a Priv support question to Flipboard ...just to make them more aware of a Blackberry Android phone called the Priv. LOL

Sean Fanelli, bungaboy and moody like this.
    04-17-16 04:04 PM
    And RIM totally fits where they are going with car infotainment, autonomous vehicles, IoT.
    Absolutely. They should use that name again. Under RIM, they were very successful.
    04-17-16 04:19 PM
    Blackberry should have started by changing their name because the market always associate blackberry with BBOS10 or 7.

Second they should end the contract with this stupid company that is doing marketing for the PRIV.

Third they should focus with all of their powers on getting the other 2 android phones so they have 3 phones to choose from on their portfolio and sell them under the new name.

Blackberry will continue to operate 2 lines of phones under their time being because of businesses commitments but all hard sells should be focused Marketing the news brand which will cost arm and leg.

That's what I really they should do.

04-17-16 04:27 PM
    This is a fact. More than half of the BlackBerry users that were using BBOS didn't even know what Research In Motion was. They just knew their phones was a BlackBerry. So getting rid of RIM didn't make a difference to the average consumer.

As for the 2 mid-range Androids, BlackBerry needs to release those phones by summer. If they do it in the Fall, you have Apple releasing their iPhone 7's and Samsung with their Note 6 (rumoured to have 6gb of RAM, maybe 8, but I think it's 6). Even though these are high end phones, all the marketing and spotlight will be around Apple and Samsung. I think releasing phones in the summer is perfect. Kids are going back to school. They need new phones and if priced right, BlackBerry can sell a lot of these phones. Looking at the mid-range phones from manufacturer's that has been around for donkey years, they are using older snapdragon chipsets. IMO, BlackBerry should use the 801 snapdragon for these 2 devices because there are a lot of complaints for the 615 that's used a lot in mid range phones. I know this will never happen, but BlackBerry should make removable batteries for these devices. This is their last chance to stay in the handheld business. Go big or go home.
    04-17-16 05:22 PM
    This is a fact. More than half of the BlackBerry users that were using BBOS didn't even know what Research In Motion was. They just knew their phones was a BlackBerry. So getting rid of RIM didn't make a difference to the average consumer.

As for the 2 mid-range Androids, BlackBerry needs to release those phones by summer. If they do it in the Fall, you have Apple releasing their iPhone 7's and Samsung with their Note 6 (rumoured to have 6gb of RAM, maybe 8, but I think it's 6). Even though these are high end phones, all the marketing and spotlight will be around Apple and Samsung. I think releasing phones in the summer is perfect. Kids are going back to school. They need new phones and if priced right, BlackBerry can sell a lot of these phones. Looking at the mid-range phones from manufacturer's that has been around for donkey years, they are using older snapdragon chipsets. IMO, BlackBerry should use the 801 snapdragon for these 2 devices because there are a lot of complaints for the 615 that's used a lot in mid range phones. I know this will never happen, but BlackBerry should make removable batteries for these devices. This is their last chance to stay in the handheld business. Go big or go home.
    801 is far too old for even mid tier now. 808 at minimum.

04-17-16 06:13 PM
    801 is far too old for even mid tier now. 808 at minimum.

So, what you're saying is that the Priv is a mid range phone now? I have not seen any Android using 801 as their mid range phone. And I'm excluding Xiaomi, Meizu, Huawei, etc. I'm talking about Motorola, Sony, Samsung, etc.
    04-17-16 06:56 PM
    Nobody knows what a Priv is.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    Too funny.
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    04-17-16 08:10 PM
    Androberries

04-17-16 08:43 PM

Good question!

I guess that they needed to trade on their security background to build themselves back up and so couldn't drop the name...?
    04-18-16 10:38 AM
    Perhaps they could have kept the RIM name, dropped Blackberry, launched a new name and somehow tied into the security background...

It's all marketing, which doesn't seem to have been a RIM/Blackberry strong point.
    04-18-16 10:41 AM
    Perhaps they could have kept the RIM name, dropped Blackberry, launched a new name and somehow tied into the security background...

It's all marketing, which doesn't seem to have been a RIM/Blackberry strong point.
    I really don't think they should drop the BlackBerry name. It's an iconic name. If they changed the name, people would be like who? what? I still think they should bring back the RIM name.

Marketing is what they really need to work on. They need to promote the heck out of the 2 Androids that they plan on releasing later this year. They need to compete with Motorola who are doing very well with their low end and mid range devices.
    04-18-16 11:32 AM

I think a relaunch under a new name might work at this point

04-18-16 08:56 PM
    I think we should all go in PlayStore and rate the app as 2 stars and say, "Deleted the app due to inconsistent implemented of physical keyboard of the BlackBerry Priv". 😁

��� вℓα�квєяяу ρяιν ���
    Sean Fanelli likes this.
    04-19-16 07:53 AM
26 12