I see this under Location Settings labelled as "Accelarated Location"
    Does anyone know where it came from and what it is? It says it can run in the background and store data?
    03-14-17 05:07 AM
    What is the Qualcomm iZat in Android's Location Settings
    Pretty good description here.
    Apparently so far the infrastructure to support it has only rolled out in Korea to any usable extent. I've seen a couple of comments about it using a lot of battery. Possibly because it's looking for a signal that isn't there?
    FF22 likes this.
    03-14-17 05:29 AM
    Interesting description and even more interesting that per the article "IZat is built into Qualcomm
    latest chipsets". Does this mean my Priv STV 100-1 (that I just bought from B&H 2 days ago has a different chipset than those produced last year? Amazing that this is the first time that I have seen any mention of IZat relating to Blackberry Priv in more than a year - you would think that it might have come up prior to yesterday?
    03-14-17 11:39 AM
    Interesting description and even more interesting that per the article "IZat is built into Qualcomm
    latest chipsets". Does this mean my Priv STV 100-1 (that I just bought from B&H 2 days ago has a different chipset than those produced last year? Amazing that this is the first time that I have seen any mention of IZat relating to Blackberry Priv in more than a year - you would think that it might have come up prior to yesterday?
    The article is more than a year old so Priv's chipset was one of the latest Qualcomm chipsets.

Btw, that option was there I bought my Priv in August, nothing new about it.
    03-14-17 12:38 PM
    Thanks for the info - do you actually use IZat? Mine is turned off (don't want to use
    too much battery) but I cannot find a way to disable it. I assume it's a system app. Do
    you know the actual process name or description - I didn't see it anywhere in searching the system processes.
    03-14-17 12:43 PM
    The article is more than a year old.
    I didn't notice that.
    Almost nothing on the web, about it, so I assume it still isn't operational outside of Korea.
    03-14-17 01:41 PM
    Thanks for the info - do you actually use IZat? Mine is turned off (don't want to use
    too much battery) but I cannot find a way to disable it. I assume it's a system app. Do you know the actual process name or description - I didn't see it anywhere in searching the system processes.
    So based on what people here have said you are just agreeing to send them your location data and getting nothing in return? Nice. And all this time I thought it was a PITA that Google keeps resetting my Location services to 'high accuracy' without my permission. Lol.
    03-14-17 02:41 PM
    "So based on what people here have said you are just agreeing to send them your location data and getting nothing in return? Nice. And all this time I thought it was a PITA that Google keeps resetting my Location services to 'high accuracy' without my permission. Lol."

Are you saying that even when off it sends data (and or changes system settings) So much for the so-called Blackberry Security! However, I cannot believe it's active when off but doesn't anyone know where the app or process is located and if it can be disabled?
    03-14-17 02:47 PM
    "So based on what people here have said you are just agreeing to send them your location data and getting nothing in return? Nice. And all this time I thought it was a PITA that Google keeps resetting my Location services to 'high accuracy' without my permission. Lol."

Are you saying that even when off it sends data (and or changes system settings) So much for the so-called Blackberry Security! However, I cannot believe it's active when off but doesn't anyone know where the app or process is located and if it can be disabled?
    No I am not saying that, I am saying that if you agree to use IZat it appears the only thing you get in return (unless you live in Korea, apparently) is sharing your location data with Qualcomm with no apparent benefit.
    03-14-17 03:03 PM
    No I am not saying that, I am saying that if you agree to use IZat it appears the only thing you get in return (unless you live in Korea, apparently) is sharing your location data with Qualcomm with no apparent benefit.
    Well it's a benefit to Qualcomm - they can sell your data. YOf course nobody in their right mind would agree to use it here. Classic shady Korean stuff - just read the recent news about Samsung, Korean gov't, etc.
    03-14-17 03:08 PM
    Oh heck, you're already giving location to your carrier, Face Book, WhatsApp, Google, Gas Buddy and probably BlackBerry, why not give it to Qualcom.
    03-14-17 03:15 PM