So I must say I'm really, really, really disappointed. And pretty annoyed. I'm now on my second unit and they have both had the same issue of the creak on the left. I have tried solving the creak by using the method posted on YouTube, where you run your nail down the side and let it click back in. Neither times it has worked.

I'm going to have to go out to Carphone Warehouse yet again and ask for a replacement. This time, I'm going to have to open it all up in store and thoroughly check it before I leave.

BlackBerry staff, if you're reading Crackberry forums, please look into the quality control issue. This is clearly a really common problem.
    11-16-15 01:28 PM
    Hate to say it, but it appears to be an issue with most of the Privs. Mine clicks when you press in the center bottom of the phone when closed. From reading, most do.
    11-16-15 01:31 PM
    This isn't the same. When I pick up the phone - and I mean every single time - the side of the left frame pops visibly out and makes a noise. Then when I hold it in a way that I want to type, it pops back in. And so the cycle goes on. It's absolutely infuriating and completely unacceptable for a phone at this price.
    11-16-15 01:33 PM
    11-16-15 01:37 PM
    it should stay in place might click but otherwise it's normal.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-16-15 01:37 PM
    It doesn't stay in place. Neither did.
    11-16-15 01:39 PM
    The video explains the problem I have. I have tried this method of fixing it on both models and it didn't work.
    11-16-15 01:40 PM
    My phone creaks and doesn't feel sturdy at all, I am guessing it has to do with the slider form factor. Having said that my hard wood floors creak too... Adds character I say!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-16-15 01:40 PM
    I wish it was only a very slight creak, but it's not. The whole side comes out of place whenever I pick it up. Same with the last unit I had.
    11-16-15 01:45 PM
    I wish it was only a very slight creak, but it's not. The whole side comes out of place whenever I pick it up. Same with the last unit I had.
    Best thing is to return again and get another unit, and open the box in front of them to see if it's happening on your 3rd unit
    11-16-15 01:48 PM
    I never noticed this since I put a hard shell case on it as soon as I got it. I decided to take it off and test this just now. Mine does the same thing and actually the separation is pretty significant and happens very easily when barely pressing on the back cover. There's space between the back cover and the insides and that causes the whole plastic (quite soft) to shift and the left side pops away from the phone. You can see the little pieces that are supposed to be holding it in place, however I'm thinking their design to hook into the main body of the frame is either broken or just not done properly. I do have the hard shell to keep it in but this is something that bothers me after forking out so much money for the device.
    nokia4life and FirstBerry101 like this.
    11-16-15 02:00 PM