more about convenience for me. much more convenient to use my fingerprint for access to my phone as well as apps. It's already common place on ios and now android with release of recent phones such as the nexus line, galaxy and now htc..

should of included it.
    Assuming you have a BB10 device, you must have used the picture (screen) lock? It's as quick as a fingerprint lock...

 Q5 / Z30
    10-23-15 07:46 AM
    So basically, what you're saying is this is not what YOU want.

Last time I checked the specs is same as LG's flagship spec, and the Classic is even more niche than a large screen phone.
    I'll give him price, but I hate when people make things out to be irrelevant just because they don't want it.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 07:58 AM
    Don't know if I mentioned it but in Hub there is no quick filter priority.

Pinch gesture no go.

In Squircle I Trust
    Nooooo!!!! Quick filter and pinch for "to do" items are part of my daily hub routine!

+No bbm video

Man.. I'm not sure I'm ready for this type of change. Can't see me givin up the PP for this as a daily driver. And the $ is a bit much for a secondary phone.

Sigh.

Ps thanks for all your amazing work on this!!!!! Appreciate the scoop!
    10-23-15 08:26 AM
    I am actually kind of looking forward to trying out a new OS.

If I don't like it, I can always go back to my Passport, which I will NEVER get rid of...

But I have a feeling I will be able to do without some of the cool little BlackBerry things we have grown to love, but I am sure there will be a few cool Android tricks that I will like too!

Keeping an open mind, change is quite often good....!

I clicked this on my Passport.
    10-23-15 08:57 AM
    Keyboard Security: Password protection, Screen lock, and Sleep mode

What does that mean?

CB10�Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    10-23-15 09:02 AM
    how many you need?
    As many as my Z10 shows. Sometimes 5 or 6.
    10-23-15 09:50 AM
    I have the nice gold and gloss white 930. It's a brilliant device with more apps than bb10. I find it very good. But I also have the BB10 passport silver which I love also but I would sell it to help fund my next phone. I also have jolla but it's ok

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 09:58 AM
    I am actually kind of looking forward to trying out a new OS.
    Never used an Android device eh?
    10-23-15 10:08 AM
    @GP540 I have read 90% of this thread, and I seem to recall that you said no-wireless charging on the pre-prod unit you looked at.

Given that the US site lists the STV100-1 as having dual mode wireless charging and the canadian site lists the same model as not having any wireless charging... do you have any insight as to what is going on there?
    10-23-15 10:41 AM
    ...Given that the US site lists the STV100-1 as having dual mode wireless charging and the canadian site lists the same model as not having any wireless charging... do you have any insight as to what is going on there?
    Looks like it is one of those exclusive things for the US carrier(s). It is no different than before. The Z30 Qi Wireless charging was unique to Verizon. Same for the passport. I believe Qi Wireless charging was only for the AT&T passport. I guess for the Priv, it may be for the US carrier(s) that the STV100-1 is made for.

Sometimes it sucks to be Canadian. But it is only sometimes. It always sucks to be American. Haha ... only kidding my southern neighbours.
    gallopiton likes this.
    10-23-15 11:33 AM
    I quite agree. Now that they have dropped the price to $699, I might consider it in a couple of months after allowing others to do the Beta testing on the phone. I really want this phone to get Android 6.0 with app permissions, and updates such as the power saving feature. How durable will the slider be, how durable is the phone, and things such as that. I suspect in a couple of months it will drop to $599 or less, and then it will be a must get phone. Android apps, with BB security, and unlocked so no Carrier IQ from AT&T will be nice.

After only having a BlackBerry from almost day one (15 years, actually tried iPhone 6 for two months- hated it because of email /calendar/ doc mgt) my z30 would have been the last BlackBerry unless they improved app situation. So tired of patching apps. I use Play Store on BB10 and works great but 99.9% of people don't have the ability to do the Cobalt downloads.
    I am ecstatic about this Android version with BlackBerry Productivity Suite wrapped into it and no longer have to worry about Google Play Services...
    So many android apps I use that will now work efficiently...
    I will miss gesture based OS of BB10 but beyond that, bye bye BB10! Can't wait for Priv! Even though I will rarely use physical key board.

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-23-15 11:37 AM
    Don't know if I mentioned it but in Hub there is no quick filter priority.

Pinch gesture no go.

In Squircle I Trust
    That sucks. I'm really hoping for a BB10 Priv. Maybe sales from the original Priv will fund a BB10 version.
    10-23-15 12:07 PM
    @GP540 I have read 90% of this thread, and I seem to recall that you said no-wireless charging on the pre-prod unit you looked at.

Given that the US site lists the STV100-1 as having dual mode wireless charging and the canadian site lists the same model as not having any wireless charging... do you have any insight as to what is going on there?
    I mean it's entirely possible the devices do have wireless charging and the hardware is disabled in the OS for ROBELUS.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-23-15 02:44 PM
    Well looks like we will have unboxing videos soon.

the nda should end shortly.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-23-15 03:43 PM
    I mean it's entirely possible the devices do have wireless charging and the hardware is disabled in the OS for ROBELUS.

In Squircle I Trust
    Well the same thing happened for the UK STV100-4. FCC report test exist but not listed in the ShopBB specs. Completely have no idea what's going on here.
    10-23-15 03:45 PM
    will it be at 5 o'clock?

In Squircle I Trust
    10-23-15 03:53 PM
    will it be at 5 o'clock?
    No idea but I would assume someone will have something posted by the end of the month.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-23-15 04:16 PM

In Squircle I Trust
    ah good cant wait
    10-23-15 05:11 PM
    Low light pics!!!
    10-23-15 11:02 PM
    Low light pics!!!
    They looked decent.

In Squircle I Trust
    2vince6 likes this.
    10-24-15 01:33 AM
    They looked decent.

In Squircle I Trust
    ive never seen a cellphone camera that takes decent low light pictures
    10-24-15 01:36 AM
    Lumia

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 02:25 AM
    Sorry if I have missed this somewhere. What does it have in the way of physical ports? Charging/syncing/video out?? USB, HDMI or what?
    10-24-15 08:50 AM
    Can it send text messages :-)

Posted via CB10
    bbaleno likes this.
    10-24-15 08:57 AM
    Sorry if I have missed this somewhere. What does it have in the way of physical ports? Charging/syncing/video out?? USB, HDMI or what?
    Headphone jack and usb/slimport.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    10-24-15 09:20 AM
616 ... 1718192021 ...