nice thanks ...
    good since the passport keys are nice but that phone is to big.

Things i noticed the BB could have done
    1) I would have liked a lightly skined android with a very light BB10 meets material look where the hub is built in the the left most panel of the home screen like how samsung does its briefing panel or HTC does its blinkfeed. Also a nice weather clock widget built in and a lightly skinned notification shade.
    2) A usb C port with fast charge would have been nice (fastcharge could be in the priv now not confirmed)
    3) The frets are missing i agree the keys look wierd without it but dont mind it. (not a deal breaker).
    4) power buttonon the left hand side with a built in fingerprint reader like sony did would have been cool.

i was hoping
    1) for stereo speakers, ie earpeice speaker would also double as a loud speaker.
    2) double tap to wake (hope it has this)

So far for a generation 1 device it looks solid but price will make or break me sigh ... guess imma hold on to my S6 if its too high...
    Not sure if I replied to you

# 2 yes fast charge is there.
    Other #2 yes also.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-22-15 08:04 PM
    Are the keys any stiffer to press than in the passport? or softer?
    Sorry I missed you.

Honestly felt about the same...

In Squircle I Trust
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    10-22-15 08:10 PM
    Brute strength attacks only works for those who don;t give a **** about security... ahem! Apple, I am looking at you.

Your BB is wiped after 10 tries already.
    10-22-15 08:15 PM
    How's the hub experience?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 08:21 PM
    Not Stupid at all. Let's there are 10% people are capable of donkey pounch other people, but there won't be full 10% of these people is capable of torture another human being to steal their identity.

Besides, take your finger to unlock a phone takes less than 10 seconds, torture to unlock a phone takes minutes, the risk is completely different.

Besides, your gf or wife may use your hand to unlock your phone while you are sleeping, she won't be able to torture you without waking you up.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    k
    10-22-15 08:24 PM
    OP thanks for the info! I have 2 questions. You said BlackBerry has a presence inside Google now. Do you think the Android platform will adopt BB10 gestures in future releases? Also you said don't count out a BB10 version of the Priv. What would you say the chance of one being released is? Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 08:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Answered several times already, there weren't any accounts set up so he didn't really see it in action, but was told that it's very similar to the Hub on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 08:40 PM
    Wow, did I strike a nerve here or what? I wanted to get this phone, and I wanted others to get the phone, but most won't due to the price. How about a BB Classic running Android, I'd get one in a heartbeat. I want BB to succeed, but this just doesn't do it. My kids call them "old peoples phones".

That's fine. Go complain abt the price elsewhere pls lol I want to learn more about Priv here

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 09:01 PM
    Brilliant post. I want BB to succeed, now they made it a niche product, which regrettably will be quickly forgotten due to the price. The specs are meh, 3 gb, 32 ram, etc the Moto X has the same. The Nexus 6p has up to 128 ram. Give me a BB Classic style phone at $400 with Android 6.0 and I'll be the first in line to get one.

Maybe it's because a phone like the Nexus6P - which is "higher end" in almost every area (newer CPU/GPU, all aluminium, larger battery, 8MP FFC, fingerprint sensor, Sony camera sensor, etc.) comes in starting at $500. The only thing it lacks is a physical keyboard.

If you step down to the Google Nexus5X that comes with the Snapdragon 808 that the Priv uses - it is $429! Now granted - the Priv does beat out the 5X in most other areas....

But I am just trying to give you examples of, "why people keep saying," maybe it should have been price more competitively.

The good news is the average consumer doesn't even know what a Nexus is or who makes them or how you buy one.

Of course the bad news is - the Priv is in that same spot right now. And a more attractive price point would have brought a more positive reaction from the tech press.
    10-22-15 09:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    No accounts active so I can't answer that.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-22-15 10:25 PM
    OP thanks for the info! I have 2 questions. You said BlackBerry has a presence inside Google now. Do you think the Android platform will adopt BB10 gestures in future releases? Also you said don't count out a BB10 version of the Priv. What would you say the chance of one being released is? Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    1 BlackBerry is working to address security concerns but also there to offer push services for security updates. (from what I understood.)
    I doubt we will see much for gestures unfortunately. But time will tell or maybe I missed something...

2 50/50 or less.

In Squircle I Trust
    kadakn01 and 00stryder like this.
    10-22-15 10:28 PM
    Wow, did I strike a nerve here or what? I wanted to get this phone, and I wanted others to get the phone, but most won't due to the price. How about a BB Classic running Android, I'd get one in a heartbeat. I want BB to succeed, but this just doesn't do it. My kids call them "old peoples phones".
    What more can you ask for? I think blackberry did as much as they could to appease everyone.

Decent size screen (if they would have released a phone similar to the classic running Android, people would complain about the size of the screen.)

Physicialy kehboaed (lol stupid on screen keyboard, anyway, bb's bread and butter and the main reason I'm getting it. Not only will this cater to the bb faithfuls, but people like me whose first smartphone had a physical keyboard will be tempted to pick up a priv)

It's running Android (yea, not a lot of bb users are fond of Android but android holds the biggest market share, yeah it's divided between the likes of Samsung, LG, Sony etc but hey maybe blackberry can get a slice of that pie.)

The hub (man, that's all I kept hearing prior to the hub actually being showed off on the priv. 'android is stupid it doesn't have hub or gestures, etc' this is as good as you're going to get with the priv and hey at least the hub is there.)

The biggest drawback if that price point. 750 and some change for me seems like what a smartphone should be priced at. I think too many people got use to the one plus one and nexus phones being priced a lot less..

Regardless, I'm looking forward to this phone
    10-22-15 10:39 PM
    Future proofing would have been adding iris scanning finger print unlock is ancient history.

In Squircle I Trust
    Biometric passwords can only be supplementary if security is actually important. More importantly, however, these aren't necessarily bespoke biometric scanners operating on a closed circuit. Apple's finger print scanner might be, but who's to say what Microsoft's new iris scanning technology entails. I for one don't want to risk Microsoft selling my iris scans to everyone and their mums if I can avoid it.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 10:53 PM
    Yeah... I'll be buying the hell out of this... once the price drops a bit, lol
    10-22-15 11:00 PM
    Biometric passwords can only be supplementary if security is actually important. More importantly, however, these aren't necessarily bespoke biometric scanners operating on a closed circuit. Apple's finger print scanner might be, but who's to say what Microsoft's new iris scanning technology entails. I for one don't want to risk Microsoft selling my iris scans to everyone and their mums if I can avoid it.

Posted via CB10
    Touch'e, that comment was more of a bash on fps being ancient.

I don't think I would use iris scan tech either. But at least you don't leave your password on everything you look at.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-22-15 11:00 PM
    Touch'e, that comment was more of a bash on fps being ancient.

I don't think I would use iris scan tech either. But at least you don't leave your password on everything you look at.

In Squircle I Trust
    Good point. But then I can't very easily burn off my irises!

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 11:11 PM
    Don't know if I mentioned it but in Hub there is no quick filter priority.

Pinch gesture no go.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-22-15 11:23 PM
    i understand in the hub , they are working on getting a variety of apps, like whats app and others to show in the hub, any comment on that?
    thanks,
    10-22-15 11:35 PM
    Don't know if I mentioned it but in Hub there is no quick filter priority.

Pinch gesture no go.

In Squircle I Trust
    Nooooooo! I absolutely love that feature and until you said it wasn't there, I just assumed. I pinch to see flagged(flights, work, etc). Hope they slowly implement all the little things
    10-22-15 11:44 PM
    OP, when you say the VKB is exactly like BB10 VKB, did you mean it? I only ask because you mention later that you have a choice of which keyboard to use(like all androids)... so 'Blackberry Keyboard' is one of the listed options? Did blackberry think of a cool name for their VKB?
    10-22-15 11:47 PM
    Maybe it's because a phone like the Nexus6P - which is "higher end" in almost every area (newer CPU/GPU, all aluminium, larger battery, 8MP FFC, fingerprint sensor, Sony camera sensor, etc.) comes in starting at $500. The only thing it lacks is a physical keyboard.

If you step down to the Google Nexus5X that comes with the Snapdragon 808 that the Priv uses - it is $429! Now granted - the Priv does beat out the 5X in most other areas....

But I am just trying to give you examples of, "why people keep saying," maybe it should have been price more competitively.

The good news is the average consumer doesn't even know what a Nexus is or who makes them or how you buy one.

Of course the bad news is - the Priv is in that same spot right now. And a more attractive price point would have brought a more positive reaction from the tech press.
    Not so fast! I have seen plenty commercials featuring the new Nexus phone while watching sports!

Second, the Priv is not in the same spot. No one knows a thing about a "Priv", because it isn't marketed at all. People still aren't aware that Blackberry exists or makes phones. I hear it all the time when people see my red Passport.

So, there is no comparison at all between the two.
    10-22-15 11:51 PM
    Does the priv have glove mode? Winter is a coming.
    10-22-15 11:54 PM
    Does the priv have glove mode? Winter is a coming.
    Yes. Was in the specs before they were pulled.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 11:55 PM
    i understand in the hub , they are working on getting a variety of apps, like whats app and others to show in the hub, any comment on that?
    thanks,
    Mentioned a few times yes. If it uses google messaging api

In Squircle I Trust
    Deanig_12 and kadakn01 like this.
    10-23-15 12:00 AM
    Nooooooo! I absolutely love that feature and until you said it wasn't there, I just assumed. I pinch to see flagged(flights, work, etc). Hope they slowly implement all the little things
    Yup agreed, the BlackBerry rep was actually suprised it wasn't there.

Same with bbm video.

In Squircle I Trust
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-23-15 12:01 AM
616 ... 1516171819 ...