Would you expect the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge at a Passport Price? No, it's a much higher spec phone. Why would you expect any different from Priv?

Infact the Priv has a bigger battery and higher megapixel count on its rear camera. You should have expected it to be at least as expensive as the S6 Edge.

Really can't for the life of me understand why people expected the phone to have a mid range price on a super high end phone.
    nexus has the same specs and some more features for less.

Posted via CB10
    because you can get a high end current flagship for less S6, S6 edge, motorola X style etc they do alot right at a lower price point so with the priv you are paying for security and the keyboard ... also the competitors like LG G4 all have excellent camera's same or similar internals, well coded OS etc so BB priv for that price needs to be on par but i did not expect it to be cheap.

also the price may adjust depending on how sales go etc i was expecting a 650 to 700 so not bad.
    10-22-15 03:11 PM
    Absolutely it is... what if someone donkey punches you in the back of the head.... takes your phone see's it's locked with finger print uses your hand, and steals your identity because you have left your personal information on the device...

Far fetched idea but it's true.

In Squircle I Trust
    I assume your joking. Anyone willing to use force to obtain your fingerprint will use force to obtain your password. Again, sorry if I missed the humor.
    10-22-15 03:14 PM
    OP, does the instant previews works as in BB10 or are Android standard previews with no instant reply on them?
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-22-15 03:15 PM
    Exactly my point - you want it. You don't care if it's overpriced. You'll buy it. You bought a Z10 at near the same price. Man, if everyone who bought a Z10 buys the Priv - wow! Can you imagine? BBRY will have an absolute hit...er, what, Z10 sold how many? Oh. Never mind.
    well its easy for yall to buy it its the us price X 6.5 tt for me but imma find a way to justify spenind the money i knw this i just really would like a definate price and all specs from BB now.
    10-22-15 03:18 PM
    I don't know but it is at least $200 more than my z10, z30 and Passport in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 03:20 PM
    While I personally think it's a tragedy that BlackBerry has sold out to Google, I think it's an even bigger tragedy that this device isn't available with BB10 as an option.

A slider was something people were asking for at the release of BB10 when all we got were the Z10 and Q10. This is a flagship piece of hardware for BlackBerry and it's unfortunate they don't have a BB10 model.
    10-22-15 03:48 PM
    i saw somewhere there was blackberry world on the Priv. is this the case?
    I would assume it would be only under android for work similar to how you had BlackBerry world on bes service that only gives apps approved by the it guy.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-22-15 04:26 PM
    What's this "dual track" about that yu speak of? Is that some new innovative way to make a slider?

Posted via CB10
    In place of a spring hinge like the 98XX had. This is similar to a garage door.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-22-15 04:28 PM
    OP, does the instant previews works as in BB10 or are Android standard previews with no instant reply on them?
    I was informed they are actionable.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-22-15 04:30 PM
    While I personally think it's a tragedy that BlackBerry has sold out to Google, I think it's an even bigger tragedy that this device isn't available with BB10 as an option.

A slider was something people were asking for at the release of BB10 when all we got were the Z10 and Q10. This is a flagship piece of hardware for BlackBerry and it's unfortunate they don't have a BB10 model.
    Don't count it out yet.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-22-15 04:31 PM
    Bumping a few questions from before incase OP missed, would value your insight..

Any info on these would be great:

- Does the Priv support type and go/ can you just start typing on the keyboard to enter Blackberry Search?
    - Does Blackberry Search search through emails? (been on android for a while and miss this feature)
    - Do instant actions work in Blackberry Search - type to write note/send email/etc? (i know you can do this in google now but it would be great to have everything in one place).
    - Can the middle side button (between the volume keys) be mapped to a custom shortcut (e.g. the hub).

Cheers for feeding so much information.
    10-22-15 04:47 PM
    does it feel like it is too big for a smartphone?
    I haven't read ahead in the thread but doing a comparison on phone arena it is comparable in size the the G4 and in weight to the iPhone 6s+.

Sorry if something similar was posted already I'm working my way through the thread now.
    10-22-15 05:12 PM
    Hey mate. Did you press the keys on the Priv? My question is, are the keys stiffer or softer than the passport? I find passport a bit too stiff compared to my previous Q10 wich I didn't have to press as much to click
    10-22-15 05:27 PM
    wont pay that kind of money for it! Thanks for the update!~
    10-22-15 05:39 PM
    Absolutely it is... what if someone donkey punches you in the back of the head.... takes your phone see's it's locked with finger print uses your hand, and steals your identity because you have left your personal information on the device...

Far fetched idea but it's true.

In Squircle I Trust
    You know how stupid this sounds? What if someone donkey punches you, straps you to a chair, and starts water boarding you over and over again until you give up your number password?

What if he keeps torturing you to the point where he makes you input your picture password.

You see where I'm going with this?

I don't think fingerprint scanner on phones is suppose to be fool proof. It's suppose to be secure but also convenient.

Say I had a number password on my phone, if someone really wanted it, they could watch me input my pass code on my phone from a distance.

If someone really really needs to get into my phone they'll find a way.

Lucky for me I'm a nobody so no secret agent men trying unlock my phone.
    10-22-15 05:44 PM
    You know how stupid this sounds? What if someone donkey punches you, straps you to a chair, and starts water boarding you over and over again until you give up your number password?

What if he keeps torturing you to the point where he makes you input your picture password.

I don't think fingerprint scanner on phones is suppose to be fool proof. It's suppose to be secure but also convenient.

Say I had a number password on my phone, if someone really wanted it, they could watch me input my pass code on my phone from a distance.

The biggest thing with fingerprints is if they are ever hacked they now have your proof of identity FOREVER. Passwords can be changed should they be compromised but you don't just swap out your fingerprint.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 05:49 PM

The tragedy is BB10 has sold so bloody awfully. That is why there is no slider with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 06:01 PM
    - Does the Priv support type and go/ can you just start typing on the keyboard to enter Blackberry Search?
    I cannot confirm an answer to this.

- Does Blackberry Search search through emails? (been on android for a while and miss this feature) im not sure as I didn't open it. But hub has a search option

- Do instant actions work in Blackberry Search - type to write note/send email/etc? (i know you can do this in google now but it would be great to have everything in one place).
    Again I didn't check sorry

- Can the middle side button (between the volume keys) be mapped to a custom shortcut (e.g. the hub). Great question, alas no answer sorry.

In Squircle I Trust
    talalal likes this.
    10-22-15 06:45 PM

I agree it's far fetched but at least you still have the option to choose not to give up your password.... a dead finger opens a phone a dead persons password is still a secret lol.

My comment was more down that road. Hope that clears up my stance on fps.

In Squircle I Trust
    MO3iusONE and kadakn01 like this.
    10-22-15 06:48 PM
    Are the keys any stiffer to press than in the passport? or softer?
    10-22-15 06:51 PM
    Then again a password can be cracked via brute strength (trying endless computations) and the even weaker link is that most people use the same password on many on their accounts.

Most fingerprint scanners don't record an image of your fingerprint rather a mathematical algorithm/number based on the grooves/ridges/spaces from your print (from my understanding). Don't think there is one formula for all manufacturers so your prints may be stored in a completely different way based on the algorithm being use.
    TBone4eva likes this.
    10-22-15 06:56 PM
    Also, we don't leave copies of our password wherever we go.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 06:58 PM
    I agree it's far fetched but at least you still have the option to choose not to give up your password.... a dead finger opens a phone a dead persons password is still a secret lol.

My comment was more down that road. Hope that clears up my stance on fps.

In Squircle I Trust
    I get what you're saying. I think at the end of the day though, joke are going to choose convenience over actual security but the most I've ever used in terms of the finger print scanner is my ex gfs galaxy s6.

Oh and thanks for posting what you've been able to on the priv.
    10-22-15 07:04 PM

Not Stupid at all. Let's there are 10% people are capable of donkey pounch other people, but there won't be full 10% of these people is capable of torture another human being to steal their identity.

Besides, take your finger to unlock a phone takes less than 10 seconds, torture to unlock a phone takes minutes, the risk is completely different.

Besides, your gf or wife may use your hand to unlock your phone while you are sleeping, she won't be able to torture you without waking you up.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    kadakn01 likes this.
    10-22-15 07:24 PM
    Then again a password can be cracked via brute strength (trying endless computations) and the even weaker link is that most people use the same password on many on their accounts.

Most fingerprint scanners don't record an image of your fingerprint rather a mathematical algorithm/number based on the grooves/ridges/spaces from your print (from my understanding). Don't think there is one formula for all manufacturers so your prints may be stored in a completely different way based on the algorithm being use.
    Look let's put this to rest. Yes a password can be brute forced at the end of the day a password will be harder to get through face it.
    It's a reality we face in the modern word that convince is KEY for most people. It's not convenient for me to type a 13 alphanumeric-special character password into my phone after 1 min idle time but that's my choice.

Can we please stay on track this is the last finger readermathinger comments i'm replying to.

In Squircle I Trust
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-22-15 07:59 PM
616 ... 1415161718 ...