OP, when you say the VKB is exactly like BB10 VKB, did you mean it? I only ask because you mention later that you have a choice of which keyboard to use(like all androids)... so 'Blackberry Keyboard' is one of the listed options? Did blackberry think of a cool name for their VKB?
    Yes stock it's the BlackBerry VKB like bb10 virtual.

You can download other keyboards and set them in input settings.

Does that clear it up for you?

In Squircle I Trust
    10-23-15 12:02 AM
    Does the priv have glove mode? Winter is a coming.
    The specs on the BlackBerry site that went down suggest yes. It didn't come up in conversation however.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-23-15 12:03 AM
    Yes. Was in the specs before they were pulled.
    What're you doing here?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 12:28 AM
    Google called BlackBerry. Not the other way around.

In Squircle I Trust
    So.... ....the phone that became the Priv was originally going to be a BB10 device?
    10-23-15 12:48 AM
    What're you doing here?

Posted via CB10
    Oh, you know. Some phone of sorts is about to launch

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 12:49 AM
    Oh, you know. Some phone of sorts is about to launch

Posted via CB10
    Real soon.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-23-15 12:50 AM
    So.... ....the phone that became the Priv was originally going to be a BB10 device?
    How on Earth did you come to that conclusion from what he wrote?

Either way, guys I know the prospect of a BB10-based device with the Priv's specs is ideally what most of us would have wanted, but I highly doubt that the rep that OP met with would 1) know that info for sure, and 2) share it with a vendor. You know, boosting confidence in the device on hand and whatnot? I've said it once and I'll say it again: let's see how the Priv performs and then we can go from there.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 12:53 AM
    Google called BlackBerry. Not the other way around.

In Squircle I Trust
    Forgot to add...

....so if BlackBerry now has a full-time presence at Google, is that what Chen meant when he said that if he took BlackBerry out of the handset business they would still be able to offer "solutions" to OEMs and vendors?

Also, what effect will this have on the Nexus line? Will the next Nexus be "made" by BlackBerry?

And.... ....is BlackBerry QNX going to take control of Android?
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-23-15 12:58 AM
    Forgot to add...

....so if BlackBerry now has a full-time presence at Google, is that what Chen meant when he said that if he took BlackBerry out of the handset business they would still be able to offer "solutions" to OEMs and vendors?

Also, what effect will this have on the Nexus line? Will the next Nexus be "made" by BlackBerry?

And.... ....is BlackBerry QNX going to take control of Android?
    Don't know about the rest, but regarding the bolded part: Nope. Bla1ze has subtly disputed this theory several times already.

I get that we're all wondering where BlackBerry is going from here, but regarding questions for the OP you're more likely to get an answer to questions pertaining to the actual hands-on demo. It's not like he snuck into a meeting with the Board of Directors or spoke directly to Chen or anything.

Posted via CB10
    gallopiton likes this.
    10-23-15 01:05 AM
    How on Earth did you come to that conclusion from what he wrote?

Either way, guys I know the prospect of a BB10-based device with the Priv's specs is ideally what most of us would have wanted, but I highly doubt that the rep that OP met with would 1) know that info for sure, and 2) share it with a vendor. You know, boosting confidence in the device on hand and whatnot? I've said it once and I'll say it again: let's see how the Priv performs and then we can go from there.

Posted via CB10
    I have no hopes of a BB10 "Slider/Venice" and have accepted the idea of never seeing a new a BB10 device outside of perhaps a new Passport 2 for the medical community or a Classic 2 for shivs and giggles. But wasn't the first slider leak from MWC back in March before the Google/BlackBerry partnership? I mean, when they first began the conceptual designs for what ultimately became the Priv surely they had BB10 in mind.

I dunno, there is a missing link in the Venice/Priv timeline. I am just asking if it is because of the partnership? Surely BlackBerry was not thinking about an Android phone in 2014....
    10-23-15 01:06 AM
    I have no hopes of a BB10 "Slider/Venice" and have accepted the idea of never seeing a new a BB10 device outside of perhaps a new Passport 2 for the medical community or a Classic 2 for shivs and giggles. But wasn't the first slider leak from MWC back in March before the Google/BlackBerry partnership? I mean, when they first began the conceptual designs for what ultimately became the Priv surely they had BB10 in mind.

I dunno, there is a missing link in the Venice/Priv timeline. I am just asking if it is because of the partnership? Surely BlackBerry was not thinking about an Android phone in 2014....
    Actually, based on Chen's more recent comments, that's exactly what I think happened. The more I think about it, the more it seems as if they revealed the black/white sliders at MWC with a BB10 background because they were still keeping the Android plans under wraps at the time.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 01:09 AM
    Don't know about the rest, but regarding the bolded part: Nope. Bla1ze has subtly disputed this theory several times already.

I get that we're all wondering where BlackBerry is going from here, but regarding questions for the OP you're more likely to get an answer to questions pertaining to the actual hands-on demo. It's not like he snuck into a meeting with the Board of Directors or spoke directly to Chen or anything.

Posted via CB10

Well it's not like I follow Bla1ze around.

Yeah, perhaps, but in reading through the entirety of the OPs posts there are some subtle indications here and there that the OP knows more than just knowing a guy who knows a guy....
    10-23-15 01:10 AM
    Actually, based on Chen's more recent comments, that's exactly what I think happened. The more I think about it, the more it seems as if they revealed the black/white sliders at MWC with a BB10 background because they were still keeping the Android plans under wraps at the time.

Posted via CB10

I thought this, too, going back to the release of 10.2.X when they officially announced the ART. I mean, supposedly the ART was originally meant to only be for developers to more easily port apps...

...but that is quite a deception and a lot of wasted money, time, and talent. Then again it might explain why Chen cleared house and all but nearly disbanded the handset division....
    10-23-15 01:16 AM
    No question. Just thanks for taking the time and doing what you're doing. It's quite helpful and interesting. I'm sure everyone here appreciates it.
    10-23-15 01:48 AM
    Did it have BlackBerry email?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-23-15 02:20 AM
    very interested in audio quality. will be my deciding factor for priv or L950
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-23-15 03:56 AM
    very interested in audio quality. will be my deciding factor for priv or L950
    I would suggest you stay away from windows phones, I own one and it lacks so many small features, it's got nothing going for it, the apps from the store are rarely updated and the number of decent apps is extremely low.
    But this is just my view and suggestion, I own a 930 and I will change it as soon as the Priv is available, I would have changed it even if the Priv wouldn't have come out. After 3 months of wm phone I can say that I won't be coming back soon on this platform. Aside from OS optimization there is nothing that attracts me to stay on this platform.
    10-23-15 04:08 AM
    so glad to hear that the VKB will be the flick flick type....!!!

> Passport/Classic user, but still reminisces the good old 9900 days...
    10-23-15 05:01 AM
    Brilliant post. I want BB to succeed, now they made it a niche product, which regrettably will be quickly forgotten due to the price. The specs are meh, 3 gb, 32 ram, etc the Moto X has the same. The Nexus 6p has up to 128 ram. Give me a BB Classic style phone at $400 with Android 6.0 and I'll be the first in line to get one.
    They put an incredible amount of RAM in that device!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 05:51 AM
    Brilliant post. I want BB to succeed, now they made it a niche product, which regrettably will be quickly forgotten due to the price. The specs are meh, 3 gb, 32 ram, etc the Moto X has the same. The Nexus 6p has up to 128 ram. Give me a BB Classic style phone at $400 with Android 6.0 and I'll be the first in line to get one.
    So basically, what you're saying is this is not what YOU want.

Last time I checked the specs is same as LG's flagship spec, and the Classic is even more niche than a large screen phone.
    10-23-15 06:07 AM
    I would suggest you stay away from windows phones, I own one and it lacks so many small features, it's got nothing going for it, the apps from the store are rarely updated and the number of decent apps is extremely low.
    But this is just my view and suggestion, I own a 930 and I will change it as soon as the Priv is available, I would have changed it even if the Priv wouldn't have come out. After 3 months of wm phone I can say that I won't be coming back soon on this platform. Aside from OS optimization there is nothing that attracts me to stay on this platform.
    Did you go and try the new windows 10 in store? Not the same as the 930.
    10-23-15 06:12 AM
    Did you go and try the new windows 10 in store? Not the same as the 930.
    Actually I downloaded the preview and the bugs didn't bother me, what bothered me is that no major improvements have been made to some core functionalities.
    Either way I had my full with wm and 10 won't change much in my case, apps are still missing, not updated and some core functionality is no present (I won't get into details as this is not the place). You guys can do as you wish but wm is not for me.

Not let's get back on track
    10-23-15 06:30 AM
    How's the battery life?
    If you can test that in 5 Minutes it won't be very good. Just Sayin'!

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 1.2582 Sachesi to 10.3.1.2744 to 2.680 to 798 to 2204 to 2339 to 2639 to 2789
    10-23-15 07:16 AM
    After only having a BlackBerry from almost day one (15 years, actually tried iPhone 6 for two months- hated it because of email /calendar/ doc mgt) my z30 would have been the last BlackBerry unless they improved app situation. So tired of patching apps. I use Play Store on BB10 and works great but 99.9% of people don't have the ability to do the Cobalt downloads.
    I am ecstatic about this Android version with BlackBerry Productivity Suite wrapped into it and no longer have to worry about Google Play Services...
    So many android apps I use that will now work efficiently...
    I will miss gesture based OS of BB10 but beyond that, bye bye BB10! Can't wait for Priv! Even though I will rarely use physical key board.

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-23-15 07:26 AM
    What are the 4 icons above back, home, etc? I can make out projects & settings. Looks like they might be BES?
    10-23-15 07:43 AM
616 ... 1617181920 ...