Too expensive, just too expensive for me. If they had at least kept the price the same as the Passport, then maybe I would have gotten one. Instead I'll pick up the new HTC offering. I was really hoping to go back to a Blackberry device, I wanted it badly, but not at $750 plus tax.
    10-22-15 07:00 AM
    Too expensive, just too expensive for me. If they had at least kept the price the same as the Passport, then maybe I would have gotten one. Instead I'll pick up the new HTC offering. I was really hoping to go back to a Blackberry device, I wanted it badly, but not at $750 plus tax.
    The Priv is in a totally different league compared with the Passport and to any other Android device for that matter, the only thing in common the Priv has with the rest of the android devices is the OS, 3 GB of RAM and the CPU + internal memory. Everyone complains about the price and they all compare it to Nexus 6P or the Passport, there is nothing out there like the Priv so comparing it to any device is futile and pointless.
    You either buy it now or in a few months after the price drops but ffs stop comparing it to other devices.
    10-22-15 07:23 AM
    All the pages are gone now. You can refer to this before it was taken down:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-1-a-1043862/
    Awesome post. You rock.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 07:34 AM
    Bravo Skovik!
    10-22-15 08:00 AM
    Does the Hub act like it does in BB10 (flow API reproduced)
    10-22-15 08:28 AM
    Seems no one want's to answer this question
    Lollipop is the release OS
    10-22-15 08:30 AM
    In which case the specs posted last night on shop BB are incorrect
    10-22-15 08:40 AM
    In which case the specs posted last night on shop BB are incorrect
    No the OS clearly started with a 5, not a 6
    10-22-15 08:42 AM
    You are right. I am punch drunk
    10-22-15 08:48 AM
    I've always wondered whats that thing on bb devices, on the volume icon on the $ key ?
    It's to let you turn speakerphone on and off during calls.
    anon4226395, moegh, tp2386 and 1 others like this.
    10-22-15 08:55 AM
    I think this is now the most Squircley thread on CB now.

Lol. Keep em coming people.

In Squircle I Trust
    Great content marketing GP! lol. You provide people the content they are interested in and you got their attention for your cause.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-22-15 09:12 AM
    The Priv is in a totally different league compared with the Passport and to any other Android device for that matter, the only thing in common the Priv has with the rest of the android devices is the OS, 3 GB of RAM and the CPU + internal memory. Everyone complains about the price and they all compare it to Nexus 6P or the Passport, there is nothing out there like the Priv so comparing it to any device is futile and pointless.
    You either buy it now or in a few months after the price drops but ffs stop comparing it to other devices.
    But won't most consumers compare it to other phones like the GS6 edge or the Nexus 6P? I doubt many regular consumers will care much about the security aspect, so then the main differences are UI (which people can customise on Android anyways) and the keyboard. Will they be willing to pay much more just for the keyboard?

Unless they would lose money on each device if it were sold at $600-699, then I think that's what the price should be. Just need to get it into the hands of people, establish a bit of a following outside CB, have some positive buzz going. At a high price it's likely to only be the CB people and then we're back to the same problem with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    1magine likes this.
    10-22-15 09:23 AM

they have mm for weeks.......so might come out with it
    10-22-15 10:02 AM
    But won't most consumers compare it to other phones like the GS6 edge or the Nexus 6P? I doubt many regular consumers will care much about the security aspect, so then the main differences are UI (which people can customise on Android anyways) and the keyboard. Will they be willing to pay much more just for the keyboard?

Unless they would lose money on each device if it were sold at $600-699, then I think that's what the price should be. Just need to get it into the hands of people, establish a bit of a following outside CB, have some positive buzz going. At a high price it's likely to only be the CB people and then we're back to the same problem with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    I think you are talking about sheep not consumers right?
    Most consumers have no clue what an optimized OS means, most consumers have no clue what is the difference between 2 GB of RAM, 3 or 4, most consumers have no clue what is the best CPU, most consumers only care about top end specs that they will never use, most consumers......you got the idea.
    Top of the line S6 lagged when I played with it in a vodafone store, any clue why?
    When I said that this phone can't be compared to another android I wasn't talking about the security, I was talking about the form factor and the almost unique design. I don't get why most CB community is screaming about the price when it's up there with the rest of the high end phones.

Before moving to Nokia 930 I had the LG G3 which is a joke of a phone, literally a joke, you get a better build quality when buying Lego than you do with LG, 930 is just horrible at everything except OS optimization. From what we heard so far the build quality of the Priv is really good, combined with the elegant form factor + PKB + curved screen you get a more high end than the rest of the phones out there.
    All price complains come from people that want the phone but are not willing to pay for it, why not ask for a free phone. If you go into a restaurant that you hear of and you sit down and see a $100 stake what do you do? You get up and leave or buy it and see how it compares to the price it has?

People should complain about the price after they have the phone for at least a few weeks in which time they can see and feel the overall quality, only at that time should ppl complain about the price.

Sheep will always be sheep, they rather spend almost the same amount of $ on an iPhone or Samsung than on a BB, because having an iPhone or Samsung is what it's all about for some people, just like some people take a photo of their dinner while others eat it.

I don't want to offend anybody but like I previously said, sheep will be sheep.
    10-22-15 10:07 AM
    Hey guys and good morning. I'm at work today but it looks like a slow day...

I'll be on here and there if I don't get to you i'm sorry.

I see a discussion about mm as I said earlier in post 1 they have had it for weeks... it's very likely that with in a 4 week period from release to see mm.

Thank you for all your comments and hurrah BlackBerry.

In Squircle I Trust
    00stryder, Scovik, 2vince6 and 2 others like this.
    10-22-15 10:22 AM
    What's the difference what consumers want? If the majority of consumers want something it sells - period. The question of right or wrong is not applicable. It doesn't matter if the I-phone is really a piece of cardboard with thin strings that smells like manure. It sells incredibly well. If you want to sell hardware in the mobile phone space, you need to sell what consumers (businesses are consumers - no need to have this argument again) want at a price they will pay. Blackberry has not established a good reputation for hardware or software. The front facing camera will not be welcomed by tech sites in an age where selfies are king. As a BYOD business device, it will not make it into the highly secured space for at least a year because it runs Android (and Lolipop at that). As a BYOD in less secured spaces, it is priced significantly higher than most high end devices. This device - no BB device could ever compete with Apple in 2015. So there is no reason to price it in that range. For that matter, HTC offers a free year of warranty for any damage or defect. BB must be directly competing with LG and Samsung in the consumer/ BYOD business space. So, is the iconic BB keyboard enough of a pull to make anyone pay so much more? I don't think so. I think this spells the end for BB hardware.
    heyyysleepy and mister2d like this.
    10-22-15 10:28 AM
    What's the difference what consumers want? If the majority of consumers want something it sells - period. The question of right or wrong is not applicable. It doesn't matter if the I-phone is really a piece of cardboard with thin strings that smells like manure. It sells incredibly well. If you want to sell hardware in the mobile phone space, you need to sell what consumers (businesses are consumers - no need to have this argument again) want at a price they will pay. Blackberry has not established a good reputation for hardware or software. The front facing camera will not be welcomed by tech sites in an age where selfies are king. As a BYOD business device, it will not make it into the highly secured space for at least a year because it runs Android (and Lolipop at that). As a BYOD in less secured spaces, it is priced significantly higher than most high end devices. This device - no BB device could ever compete with Apple in 2015. So there is no reason to price it in that range. For that matter, HTC offers a free year of warranty for any damage or defect. BB must be directly competing with LG and Samsung in the consumer/ BYOD business space. So, is the iconic BB keyboard enough of a pull to make anyone pay so much more? I don't think so. I think this spells the end for BB hardware.
    Good rant.
    Hit some good points.

BlackBerry has focus on other things.

I hear they have some full time presence at google hq now.
    They are working on a few new software ideas. (2 factor authentication)
    Qnx has big plans this year
    IOT will take off.

In Squircle I Trust
    gvs1341 and Darkknight1996 like this.
    10-22-15 10:35 AM
    I am definitely buying the Priv. If BB can update to MM soon then that's another big selling point. The Priv has some killer features IMO. Not the latest but still killer. I sold my iPhone 6 Plus in Aug and can't wait to have a unique phone, something refreshing.

I hear they have some full time presence at google hq now.
    I don't know how to take this. BB could gain Android knowledge and potential leverage (possible next Nexus). However if BB help Google secure Android doesn't that void Priv altogether?
    10-22-15 10:53 AM
    I am definitely buying the Priv. If BB can update to MM soon then that's another big selling point. The Priv has some killer features IMO. Not the latest but still killer. I sold my iPhone 6 Plus in Aug and can't wait to have a unique phone, something refreshing.
    Welcome to CB even though I see you've been a member for nearly 3 years.
    10-22-15 11:00 AM
    two miscues IMHO

1. it's lollipop and therefore can't control privacy\ app permissions as well as 6.0 (understand that this will be fixed in future, so not deal breaker)
    2. no finger print reader to take advantage of native marshmellow feature. (big mistake in my book)

i'll still buy one, but it sucks i'll have to buy second gen with finger print reader.
    10-22-15 11:07 AM
    Welcome to CB even though I see you've been a member for nearly 3 years.
    I know lol, I read the forums all the time but decided today to actually join the conversation as I'll be a Berry (a BB user?)

two miscues IMHO

1. it's lollipop and therefore can't control privacy\ app permissions as well as 6.0 (understand that this will be fixed in future, so not deal breaker)
    2. no finger print reader to take advantage of native marshmellow feature. (big mistake in my book)

i'll still buy one, but it sucks i'll have to buy second gen with finger print reader.
    From what was said a few posts ago we should get MM soon. I keep reading that fingerprint scanners aren't as safe as you'd think.
    psarna likes this.
    10-22-15 11:18 AM
    more about convenience for me. much more convenient to use my fingerprint for access to my phone as well as apps. It's already common place on ios and now android with release of recent phones such as the nexus line, galaxy and now htc..

should of included it.
    10-22-15 11:22 AM
    I know lol, I read the forums all the time but decided today to actually join the conversation as I'll be a Berry (a BB user?)

From what was said a few posts ago we should get MM soon. I keep reading that fingerprint scanners aren't as safe as you'd think.
    At the moment the fingerprint scanners are all the hype and the 3d touch to. For me it's not a must have as I wouldn't want apple or samsung to my fingerprint at hand
    Imagine how many fingerprints they already have, an entire new database for criminals that are not yet in the police's database
    psarna likes this.
    10-22-15 11:25 AM
    That's fine. Go complain abt the price elsewhere pls lol I want to learn more about Priv here

Posted via CB10
    will308 and Jimmysmoulder422 like this.
    10-22-15 11:26 AM
    It is convenient, was cool on my iPhone. But it's not a deal breaker for me. My iPad doesn't have a scanner so I'm still used to imputing a pin. I think BB picture password looks cool tbf
    00stryder likes this.
    10-22-15 11:26 AM
616 ... 1112131415 ...