Pretty subtle, but the only people calling this the "BlackBerry Priv" are tech writers. BlackBerry is calling this the Priv. Is the name BlackBerry that toxic now?

"Android" is almost as prominent as "BlackBerry" here:

09-28-15 09:46 PM
    Yes, it's the BlackBerry Android Priv, called the Priv, just the the Apple iPhone is also simply called the iPhone, and the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is referred to as the Note 5.

The BlackBerry Priv web pages also, say "BlackBerry for All" and "We are about the change the way you see BlackBerry forever".

And when any other manufacturer comes out with a new model name the tech writers mention the manufacturers name and the model name.

What was your point again?
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    09-28-15 10:13 PM
    Pretty subtle, but the only people calling this the "BlackBerry Priv" are tech writers. BlackBerry is calling this the Priv. Is the name BlackBerry that toxic now?

http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam...iv-hero_v2.png
    I don't know if it really matters as long as they sell devices
    09-28-15 10:22 PM
    I want just to say that there is a big "BlackBerry sign" before the word Priv.
    So many pronounce the sign.
    This is then read "BlackBerry Priv".

But as you said, it is correct to say "The Priv"

I prefer calling it "The Priv by BlackBerry"

You know, BlackBerry forever, man!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.2.2639 ; Germany.
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-28-15 10:25 PM

http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam...iv-hero_v2.png
    Whoever it was that allowed that signage to be used for production ought to be sacked. I cannot conceive of what possessed them to use so irregular a font as Engraver's Gothic, nor how they thought that something so monotone was appropriate.
    09-28-15 11:09 PM
    Actually, the most recent BlackBerry blog post suggests it's the "PRIV by BlackBerry." The company has apparently decided to stylize the model name in all caps, for whatever reason.
    09-28-15 11:18 PM
    Actually, the most recent BlackBerry blog post suggests it's the "PRIV by BlackBerry." The company has apparently decided to stylize the model name in all caps, for whatever reason.
    Sounds somewhat like Prada phone by LG . . .

http://www.lgblog.co.uk/2008/11/intr...a-phone-by-lg/

It's the Priv, not the BlackBerry Priv-img_20150929_212605.png

Posted via CB10
    anischab likes this.
    09-29-15 08:27 AM
    Whoever it was that allowed that signage to be used for production ought to be sacked. I cannot conceive of what possessed them to use so irregular a font as Engraver's Gothic, nor how they thought that something so monotone was appropriate.
    Incompetent marketing team at blackberry. I want the damn CEO to be sacked if he keeps talking like a school teen that no one understands.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 08:57 AM
    [QUOTE=BB-JAM215;11960840]Yes, it's the BlackBerry Android Priv, called the Priv, just the the Apple iPhone is also simply called the iPhone, and the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is referred to as the Note 5.

/QUOTE]

No it isn't. It is the "Priv by BlackBerry"

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 11:07 AM
    So, is the name on the front of the device going to say "Priv", right? BlackBerry has decided, over the past week, that they have created a new smartphone brand. Good for them. That doesn't mean that everyone has to honor it. Perhaps after they have sold a few million of them they can expect people to call it "Priv". Otherwise, it's just a BlackBerry to everyone else.
    09-29-15 11:11 AM
    Don't tell me what to call it, I will call it what I want!

It's the BlackBerry Privilege-cy
    09-29-15 11:14 AM
    One reason that they may be doing this is to differentiate the Android handsets from the BB10 ones. There is probably all sorts of marketing, etc. that say things like "... is compatible with BlackBerry smartphones" which would may not apply to the Priv.
    09-29-15 11:32 AM
    One reason that they may be doing this is to differentiate the Android handsets from the BB10 ones. There is probably all sorts of marketing, etc. that say things like "... is compatible with BlackBerry smartphones" which would may not apply to the Priv.
    Not to mentions the already existing confusion between BB10 and BBOS. With BBOS having been used more than BB10, it's difficult to search for information about BB10 without getting results for BBOS.
    09-29-15 02:01 PM