I had a PRIV on AT&T for 18 months. I just got use to the PRIV being a bit sluggish and the battery draining rapidly.

I switched to a used/refurbished PRIV and Verizon a couple days ago. The phone is not sluggish at all. Things are instant. It's not always looking for a network it seems.

I think the PRIV gets a bad rap because most use other carriers besides Verizon. Switch to a Verizon PRIV and Verizon and it's a whole new experience.

BTW I got my Verizon PRIV for $150 or so on ebay.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-30-17 11:48 AM
    It all depends on which coverage is best in a particular area. In my area, Verizon, AT&T and TMOBILE are all about equal. My Priv on ATT runs fine.

Now when I get into the country around Bowling Green, AT&T coverage is weak and my phone lags, gets intermittent coverage and tends to overheat and the battery drains rapidly.
    06-30-17 11:55 AM
    I would agree. I live in Ogden, UT and the coverage of Verizon and AT&T is no comparison really. I did a 18 month AT&T experiment coming from Verizon so I could get the PRIV and regretted the move the whole time. Glad to be back with good service.
    06-30-17 12:04 PM
    perhaps that's why those of us that have had Verizon privs from the get go in good coverage areas, haven't been complaining as much as others. who knows. some of the last updates have been messing mine up some. I updated a few BlackBerry apps like the launcher and stuff last night. next thing I know I'm missing messages because something put my phone on silent, then when I was on an ambulance call and tried to use my phone, I couldn't dial out at all. had to reboot it on the scene to get it to work. was working fine to the updates. works fine now but it was acting pretty wonky for a bit. was pretty slow too. all is well today. not sure which one it was since I had about 12 updates but something want not playing nicely
    06-30-17 12:15 PM
    to add to the whole discussion, AT&T is a no go in my area if I want consistent signal in some rural areas. sitting in my house right now. if I was on anything but us cellular or Verizon I'd be without service
    06-30-17 12:17 PM
    I would agree. I live in Ogden, UT and the coverage of Verizon and AT&T is no comparison really. I did a 18 month AT&T experiment coming from Verizon so I could get the PRIV and regretted the move the whole time. Glad to be back with good service.
    I was able to perform side by side tests of Verizon and T-mobile on two Priv's last November, I've written about it a few times. I was in Sedona, AZ. T-mobile would not get data/cell in our room. Verizon did. Went to front desk to just inquire since I was trying this test. Desk folks said that only Verizon worked at the resort (they had tmobile and AT&T). It was not really remote, along the main highway south of Sedona with two reasonable shopping centers and two large major hotels right there. Tried in a few other locations in and around Sedona and it was the same thing. Verizon worked, Tmobile did not. In Sedona proper they both worked okay.
    samuel santander likes this.
    06-30-17 09:04 PM