I love bb10 operating system but with the lack of google play services I could never stick to bb10 as my daily driver. I'm confident that the Priv will be my daily phone and I'll be able to enjoy all the apps I use daily.
    10-17-15 06:28 AM
    Blah, blah, blah. Call this Priv what you want. It's not a blackberry, it's android period. What makes a blackberry is the gestures and the flick of words from the virtual keyboard. Blackberry flows and you can manage with one hand. You cannot do so with an android device let alone this device. For those of you whobare for it, good for you, enjoy. But for those "the cup is half empty ", it's a great disappointment. Seeing the video of the Priv in action and watching the person using two hands to type and the left hand traveling a mile to touch something on the top left of the screen only adds to the frustration of why many don't like android.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-17-15 06:29 AM
    Blah, blah, blah. Call this Priv what you want. It's not a blackberry, it's android period. What makes a blackberry is the gestures and the flick of words from the virtual keyboard. Blackberry flows and you can manage with one hand. You cannot do so with an android device let alone this device. For those of you whobare for it, good for you, enjoy. But for those "the cup is half empty ", it's a great disappointment. Seeing the video of the Priv in action and watching the person using two hands to type and the left hand traveling a mile to touch something on the top left of the screen only adds to the frustration of why many don't like android.

But it's either make this device to close up shop. Clearly making bb10 devices isn't working. I'm happy Blackberry is trying everything they can to stay alive.
    10-17-15 06:33 AM
    I worked over there back in the 80's at the Ford plant near London, the Dagehman plant. I love it over there except you folks drive on the wrong side of the road.

Being an avid motorcyclist, my dream is to one day make it to the T/T races on the Isle of Man.
    Sweet, have you seen the film 'made in Dagenham'? Isle of Man TT is awesome, hope you do make it one day.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    10-17-15 06:40 AM
    Seeing the video of the Priv in action and watching the person using two hands to type and the left hand traveling a mile to touch something on the top left of the screen only adds to the frustration of why many don't like android.

Meaning the same issue of "left hand traveling a mile to touch something on the top left of screen" wouldn't happen with BB10?

WOW!!!!!
    10-17-15 06:42 AM
    There's no gestures though (well, except on the keyboard). I'll stick with the Passport for the next couple years til the price is way down on the Priv.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    I would not be so sure.. there are several hints around from Bla1ze and even from the demo if you look attentively that show the opposite..

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 06:42 AM
    Its an Android phone. Every Android manufacturer puts their own tweaks on their OS's but that doesn't make them any less an Android phone.
    Ray Soto, TgeekB and 3rdStone like this.
    10-17-15 06:44 AM
    What makes a blackberry is the gestures and the flick of words from the virtual keyboard. Blackberry flows and you can manage with one hand
    So what made a BlackBerry a BlackBerry before gestures and word flicking? Basically what I'm asking is from BBOS 7 and prior.

This is the same thinking that got us into the trouble we're currently in. Do I wish BB10 was still actively developed? Of course. Do I want an android phone again after leaving the platform? Not really. But one harsh truth I understand is that if you don't adapt with the times, you will be left behind and life will move on without you. Embrace or falter.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 07:16 AM
    Blah, blah, blah. Call this Priv what you want. It's not a blackberry, it's android period. What makes a blackberry is the gestures and the flick of words from the virtual keyboard. Blackberry flows and you can manage with one hand. You cannot do so with an android device let alone this device.
    Didn't I see the user in the video flick using the physical keyboard? Sure I did. The physical keyboard is also a trackpad that reads fingerstroking.
    10-17-15 07:47 AM
    With the hub and BlackBerry features, why can't we look at this as a brand new BlackBerry OS for their brand new phone? Talk about an OS update lol

From the video I saw the OS is seamless and very smooth. I wasn't a fan but it's growing on me huge. Keyboard and Hub... I'm sold

Ppl are protective over BBOS, this is an upgrade I feel. Yes?
    I am of the camp who looks at it like that.

Once upon a time, BB10 didn't exist. Many of us, like myself, were using BB5 and BB6. When BB10 was announced, a lot of us were resistant to it. But, after we saw it, and after more and more BBOS features made their way to it, we began to accept it more.

I see a similar a thing happening here. I was resistant to this Android movement (and, even to Android run-time apps). Over time, I begun to accept it and came to the point of, "I'll keep an open mind and see what BlackBerry has done with this."

A lot of folks are concerned about Google data mining. I am among them. At the same time, it is useful to recognize the extent to which this already happens. For whomever uses, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, and other free email services, we have already agreed to data mining and owning BBOS or BB10 does not stop that. If we use sites that use Google analytics or other analytics platforms, we are being data mined.

As an example, I contacted someone using a business card I found in a supermarket. I emailed her via a Gmail account. She was immediately a friend suggestion in Google Plus, though I never searched for her. Interestingly, she was, also, a suggestion in Facebook. Never searched for her there either.

If we use BlackBerry phones, with self-hosted email accounts, attached to BES, maybe we can work our way around data mining. If we use enterprise-grade, secured BBM for our communications, maybe we can get around data mining.

On the iOS side of things. I was startled when Siri addressed me by name. I'm like, "WTH is this!? How does this thing know my name!?" I never told Siri my name and never expected to hear my non-common name come out of this computer device. And, as some article I read somewhere suggested, those audio snippets all are stored. Plus, we all know about the iCloud fiasco where celebrities had even deleted material stolen by hackers.

What concerns me about moving to an Android phone is the amount of viruses and malfunctions that seem to find their way to that platform. And, how practically everyone I know who operates an Android device speaks of it lagging and glitching over time.

But, lamenting over BB10 won't bring them the sales they need to save it. BlackBerry already put their eggs in that basket. Of course, we can all fault this poor management maneuver and that for its lack of success. Regardless, that basket has fallen through and it doesn't seem we can bring it back so easily. While I am happy to go down with the ship (Lol!), why let the ship go down in the first place. I support whatever companies at least have a real interest in supporting our security/ privacy without fear of government censorship, monitoring, and control; companies that give us some options against a government who, increasingly, want to monitor every citizen in public and in private space.

So, I am open to seeing how BlackBerry will interpret Android. Does the Hub have to be exactly what the BB10 hub, for me? No. The Hub is an improvement on the Universal Inbox experience that was on BB5 and BB6. I am open to being surprised by the possibility of BlackBerry giving me enhancements I didn't anticipate. (I am even accepting the cartoon-ish look of Material Design. But, that's another issue. Lol.).

I am interested in seeing how much more the BlackBerry-Android experience will grow in security and fluidity, over time, even though I know it won't match BB10 on first release. I, also, know avoiding data mining is not as simple as avoiding operating a Google phone.

And, that's my two (or, even three) cents.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    10-17-15 09:23 AM
    that's my take on it as well... which means ripping hub apk from priv and putting it on the note 5... I don't mind android but if I want an android phone, then I want 3rd party devs working with it. Priv does not have that kind of following...
    Seeing as IT HASN'T BEEN RELEASED YET you�re probably right. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 10:32 AM
    Meaning the same issue of "left hand traveling a mile to touch something on the top left of screen" wouldn't happen with BB10?

WOW!!!!!
    Wow is right.... How do you figure that? Gesture swipe to the right and viola.

10-17-15 02:30 PM
    So what made a BlackBerry a BlackBerry before gestures and word flicking? Basically what I'm asking is from BBOS 7 and prior.

This is the same thinking that got us into the trouble we're currently in. Do I wish BB10 was still actively developed? Of course. Do I want an android phone again after leaving the platform? Not really. But one harsh truth I understand is that if you don't adapt with the times, you will be left behind and life will move on without you. Embrace or falter.

Posted via CB10
    It's still an android device which ever way you want to spin this

10-17-15 02:31 PM
    Did you watch Johnny before writing what you seemingly wrote?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 02:32 PM
    Didn't I see the user in the video flick using the physical keyboard? Sure I did. The physical keyboard is also a trackpad that reads fingerstroking.
    Read this again.... Virtual keyboard bud. Take a closer look at how the person is holding the phone, looks like he has to hold it in the middle to keep the darn thing from flipping front wards

10-17-15 02:33 PM
    There's no gestures though (well, except on the keyboard). I'll stick with the Passport for the next couple years til the price is way down on the Priv.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    You will be missed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-17-15 03:15 PM

All these gestures and flicks make it a blackberry.. I mean if you really want to get technical, I'd say all those gestures would actually make it a WebOS Device. (God bless it's soul.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-17-15 03:16 PM
    Yes guys I know it's android OS... I'm just saying to me BBOS is Hub, great email n physical keyboard. We have that in the Priv with android filler for apps n the rest.

Some ppl are so upset lol just look on the brightside. It's a cool phone with the Hub!!! Lol be happy. Go blue Jays!!!!
    10-17-15 03:28 PM
    What makes a Blackberry a Blackberry? Security plain and simple who cares if it's BB10 or Android. Difference between the two is UI and apps if Blackberry can offer the best of BB10 UI features combined with the app ecosystem of Google and secure it all it will be a success.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/10/...inkId=18008940
    10-17-15 03:52 PM

Agreed. If I'd wanted an Android, I wouldn't have gotten a BlackBerry in the first place.

For me the issue is really Google's own spyware. Does Priv "security" extend to being secure against Google itself?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 04:19 PM
    Agreed. If I'd wanted an Android, I wouldn't have gotten a BlackBerry in the first place.

For me the issue is really Google's own spyware. Does Priv "security" extend to being secure against Google itself?

Posted via CB10
    That is the QUESTION THAT MATTERS. Does BlackBerry 's security excludes Google massive data mining?

Posted via CB10
    ciaoenrico likes this.
    10-17-15 04:31 PM
    I worked over there back in the 80's at the Ford plant near London, the Dagehman plant. I love it over there except you folks drive on the wrong side of the road.
    Being an avid motorcyclist, my dream is to one day make it to the T/T races on the Isle of Man.
    Not really wrong side of road, they make full use of road on both sides, and sideways too, as amply demonstrated on Top Gear by jeremy clarkson who managed to get an RS200 in ditch, just like that , much better idea than going left..left...left..left all the time, over there.
    ps: keyword > 'ford' '80s'
    10-17-15 04:41 PM
    It's still an android device which ever way you want to spin this
    It's still a BlackBerry device, whichever way you want to spin this.
    anon4226395, velkod and MO3iusONE like this.
    10-17-15 04:46 PM
    For me, I'm still trying to determine if this Android OS, is an 'overlay' on BB10.
    So, until a real tech person does a review of this device, we'll probably never know...
    10-17-15 05:18 PM
    You can't call a Fiero rebody a Ferrari

Posted via CB10
    ciaoenrico and Ray Soto like this.
    10-17-15 05:21 PM
108 1234 ...