With the hub and BlackBerry features, why can't we look at this as a brand new BlackBerry OS for their brand new phone? Talk about an OS update lol

From the video I saw the OS is seamless and very smooth. I wasn't a fan but it's growing on me huge. Keyboard and Hub... I'm sold

Ppl are protective over BBOS, this is an upgrade I feel. Yes?
    PygmySurfer and dejanh like this.
    10-16-15 05:53 PM
    Most BlackBerry fans are concerned with the security issues Android has had over the years as well as the fact that Google datamines your phone which is a privacy issue for most

Some obviously won't care and will be happy. If BlackBerry sells more phones to consumers this way, so be it. But many of us will stick with BlackBerry10 as long as we can

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    10-16-15 06:13 PM
    uhm, it's android.. not BB10. lets not think of it as anything except android... :/
    10-16-15 07:12 PM
    From recent comments it's clear that a large percentage of BBRY fans will be ready to judge and decide before the device is even released. Both ways.

I'm on the half full camp and it would take a major mess up for me to not get it. The half empty crowd probably think the same way but in the opposite direction. In the end it comes down to how this actually looks and works once it's released to sway people either way.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 07:29 PM
    Denial isn't a river in Egypt. Trust me...if you buy this thing, the first time you have to hit that ridiculous Android back button...you'll get a really strong "this ain't BB10 feeling" in your gut real fast. ; )

Posted via Z10
    10-16-15 07:40 PM
    Oh my gentle Jesus..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    10-16-15 07:59 PM
    Denial isn't a river in Egypt. Trust me...if you buy this thing, the first time you have to hit that ridiculous Android back button...you'll get a really strong "this ain't BB10 feeling" in your gut real fast. ; )

Posted via Z10
    I press the back button in the toolbelt of my Classic all the time.
    PygmySurfer, AZN, LazyEvul and 5 others like this.
    10-16-15 08:05 PM
    From someone who has had Android and Blackberry, you will get used to it and begin to appreciate what all you can do on Android. For all of its benefits, BB 10 was constricted and limited. On Android, the sky is the limit on what you can do.
    10-16-15 08:13 PM
    It does not run android, it runs google!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 08:42 PM
    From someone who has had Android and Blackberry, you will get used to it and begin to appreciate what all you can do on Android. For all of its benefits, BB 10 was constricted and limited. On Android, the sky is the limit on what you can do.
    That's what I'm saying, for samsung owners with the added security and focused features it'd make the phone amazing and extremely productive. Everyone seems angry buy who cares. I have all my current and old BlackBerry phones and will still use them.

I wonder if instagram and twitter and such will be Hub integrated? That would make a lot of ppl happy. Notifications without downloaded other app n stuff. I'm good with my classic for now tho but it's gonna be cool n sell lots hopefully
    10-16-15 08:45 PM
    So are you speaking of actually device functionality, the customization, or just the amount of apps?
    acovey likes this.
    10-16-15 08:55 PM
    So are you speaking of actually device functionality, the customization, or just the amount of apps?
    All the above in my book. Outside of the hub and security aspects, I haven't really found anything BB can do that Android can't.

This phone will be the best of both worlds in my book.
    Xaiux likes this.
    10-16-15 09:00 PM
    I'm not judging. I like BB10 OS. It suits me fine. If this new OS works for me, I'll be fine with that.
    I just think BB10 hasn't been given an opportunity by most. Don't want to see it go. Would like to see it developed. It has great potential.

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.2.2639 on AT&T
    10-16-15 09:12 PM
    I'm not judging. I like BB10 OS. It suits me fine. If this new OS works for me, I'll be fine with that.
    I just think BB10 hasn't been given an opportunity by most. Don't want to see it go. Would like to see it developed. It has great potential.

I agree completely. Just kinda sucks when the CB android app is better then the BlackBerry version. How? Who knows. There's no money in BlackBerry apps or OS. I think they hit the wall as far as developing it
    WT44 likes this.
    10-16-15 09:25 PM
    that's my take on it as well... which means ripping hub apk from priv and putting it on the note 5... I don't mind android but if I want an android phone, then I want 3rd party devs working with it. Priv does not have that kind of following...
    10-17-15 02:51 AM

It's been nearly 3 years. It's clear the market has rejected BB10 and so have app developers. BB10 is done and dusted, it's had its run.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    WT44 likes this.
    10-17-15 02:54 AM

Posted via Z10
    And you will say... what a useless piece of shifty OS Android is...

Posted via CB10
    Asvertus and acovey like this.
    10-17-15 03:39 AM
    OP it's Hyper... oh wait never mind..
    JeepBB and 00stryder like this.
    10-17-15 03:45 AM
    The demos look great to me and as far as I am concerned, let the next generation of Blackberry begin. I can't wait to buy my Priv.
    miketko, velkod, Xaiux and 1 others like this.
    10-17-15 04:04 AM
    The demos look great to me and as far as I am concerned, let the next generation of Blackberry begin. I can't wait to buy my Priv.
    Me too, i'll swagger into CPW like a pirate prince, drop my purse of doubloons on the counter and demand my Priv be forthcoming upon pain of death at the point of a cutlass!

Then I'm going to knock over an iPhone display on the way out.

Coz I'm a pirate.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    10-17-15 04:55 AM
    Me too, i'll swagger into CPW like a pirate prince, drop my purse of doubloons on the counter and demand my Priv be forthcoming upon pain of death at the point of a cutlass!

Coz I'm a pirate.

The ending tells how much hate is there for the iPhone!!

Ahoy.. pirate... keep moving!

Posted via my  z30/10.3.2.2639 
    10-17-15 05:03 AM

Coz I'm a pirate.

Lol, well put, CPW? Must be from the UK?
    10-17-15 05:35 AM
    There's no gestures though (well, except on the keyboard). I'll stick with the Passport for the next couple years til the price is way down on the Priv.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    FunktasticLucky likes this.
    10-17-15 05:40 AM
    Lol, well put, CPW? Must be from the UK?
    Yep, south East England.

10-17-15 06:14 AM
    Yep, south East England.

I worked over there back in the 80's at the Ford plant near London, the Dagehman plant. I love it over there except you folks drive on the wrong side of the road.

Being an avid motorcyclist, my dream is to one day make it to the T/T races on the Isle of Man.
    10-17-15 06:18 AM
108 123 ...