The name grew on me. I live it!

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    Do you mean you "PRIV" it?

KAM
    09-25-15 11:18 AM
    I don't understand why people are so serious about the name? It just the freaking name; get over with it! If you repeatedly say Priv name for 100 times before bedtime, I bet the name Priv will synch in your brain and then it becomes usual.
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-25-15 11:27 AM
    Because it's a freaking stupid name, that's all. No big deal. I will not allow myself to say it one time, let alone 100 times.
    09-25-15 11:36 AM
    Do you mean you "PRIV" it?

KAM
    Lol! Auto correct

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    KAM1138 likes this.
    09-25-15 11:51 AM
    Well, I haven't used Windows Phone, so I don't know how I'd like it or not. What I do know is that I hate iOS, and my experience with Android (although a bit old) was not favorable either.

So, my CHOICE is to keep the actual productive BB10 that I've got, but it seems likely at some point I'll be forced out of that. Is Windows Phone a worse choice overall than iOS or Android? I don't know, and you sure as hell don't know what works or doesn't work for me overall.

What is true is that I'm forced out of BB10 (eventually), that I'll be taking a step down from things that I value today, so I'll have to reevaluate everything across the board.

Android By Blackberry will be superior? And you don't see how people don't see that. Well, that's because we really have no hands-on experience to see how it will work for us. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. You have no idea what features really click for me, or what makes or breaks the experience.

Whatever the case, it will be a step down to inferior technology and experience (for me), so yeah, great Job BlackBerry.

KAM
    I'm not here to try and force anyone or to tell you what works or doesn't work for you loll.

All I'm saying is this - BB10 users who swear by the OS love it for certain features, not just because it's different but because those features actually accomplish tasks better than on other platforms. These features have been identified by BlackBerry to be included in their BlackBerry Experience Suite.

If BlackBerry 10 eventually dies - you are left with iOS, android, or windows. As they are right now - hardcore BlackBerry users who love the productive and efficient way in which you accomplish certain tasks see them as inferior.

If you are left with no more BlackBerry 10, I don't see why a bb10 diehard would choose any of these existing platforms over one with the BlackBerry experience suite.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-25-15 12:10 PM
    I just can't believe they made a phone that would sell so well and named it Priv.... no one on this forum likes the name. What makes you think the general public will?

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    09-25-15 12:31 PM
    I'm not here to try and force anyone or to tell you what works or doesn't work for you loll.

All I'm saying is this - BB10 users who swear by the OS love it for certain features, not just because it's different but because those features actually accomplish tasks better than on other platforms. These features have been identified by BlackBerry to be included in their BlackBerry Experience Suite.

If BlackBerry 10 eventually dies - you are left with iOS, android, or windows. As they are right now - hardcore BlackBerry users who love the productive and efficient way in which you accomplish certain tasks see them as inferior.

If you are left with no more BlackBerry 10, I don't see why a bb10 diehard would choose any of these existing platforms over one with the BlackBerry experience suite.
    Well, that depends on how well the "blackberry experience" works on an Android device. The interface is a big thing for me, so if that doesn't work (for me), and I lose that essential thing that matters, then there is no compelling reason to stick with "blackberry."

I don't know what the result will be, so I'm left wondering for the time being. OVERALL, BlackBerry is my choice, but you chip away X, Y or Z, or force me to do Q to use the features that I like...well, that might not add up to being my choice.

I mentioned elsewhere that I bought an iPad, because there were certain apps I was interested in (for entertainment mostly), but there could be others. Maybe if I'm forced into the zone of Ecosystem being made more important than anything else (which is what this shift to Android does), then what's to say that the Android Ecosystem is better for me than iOS?

If Apps remain less important for my PHONE, then maybe Windows phone is a better choice, or maybe sticking with an Older (actual) Blackberry system is still preferred.

What I'm saying is that it is not a foregone conclusion that Blackberry running Android is going to be the best overall choice. Maybe it will be, but right now I can't make that determination.

KAM
    09-25-15 12:41 PM
    "Yes sir we have the iPhone 6s but we also have the new Priv available for sale."

Customer: Priv? Priv?! ill take the 6s...

What were they thinking. Heck Id rather buy an iPhone than a device called Priv
    09-25-15 01:02 PM
    It's just a name. GET OVER IT. Are nerves that frayed?-img_20150925_130539_edit.png

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2639 / T-Mobile USA
    09-25-15 01:09 PM
    Unless Google helps them market it
    I really hope the real announcement is alongside Google on the 29th. The publicity would be worth so much.
    09-25-15 01:34 PM
    There's no getting over "stupid". It's a stupid name. BlackBerry doesn't need a "stupid" name on their comeback device. They'd be better off calling it the Venice. Or the Steve. Or Attila even. Ok, not Attila. But Priv isn't much better.
    We're way past calling any device BB releases as their "Comeback device." First it was the Z10 and Q10, next was the Z30, Q5, Leap, Passport. This is just a "Device" that we hope sells half way decent.
    09-25-15 01:42 PM
    We're way past calling any device BB releases as their "Comeback device." First it was the Z10 and Q10, next was the Z30, Q5, Leap, Passport. This is just a "Device" that we hope sells half way decent.
    Lol this is true.

More than comeback, this is their �im fukin desperate do or die� device.

They are ready to ditch BlackBerry10 even, if this works

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 01:52 PM
    At first I was like, Priv..., really?

then 2 seconds later I joined the 12% that voted on liking it from the get go.

Now just waiting on the Priv, in Hot Pink!
    09-25-15 02:05 PM
    "Yes sir we have the iPhone 6s but we also have the new Priv available for sale."

Customer: Priv? Priv?! ill take the 6s...

What were they thinking. Heck Id rather buy an iPhone than a device called Priv
    You should say "we have a slider BlackBerry running on Android". Most people are literate and can read the name on the phone on display.
    09-25-15 03:32 PM
    I just can't believe they made a phone that would sell so well and named it Priv.... no one on this forum likes the name. What makes you think the general public will?

Posted via CB10
    How did you arrive at the conclusion that no one this forum likes the name? Talk about twisting things.
    09-25-15 03:36 PM
    This is what you end up with when you don't have a Marketing department worth anything.

"Priv". Ha.

And of course, the trolls are rejoicing.
    09-25-15 07:05 PM
    It sounds like an STD, not a smartphone.
    extisis likes this.
    09-25-15 09:04 PM
    it's more ridiculous that this thread was made, than the actual name.
    09-25-15 09:07 PM
    you said "go" :-D

I misread "BlackBerry announced its fecal second quarter financials"

How did you arrive at the conclusion that no one this forum likes the name? Talk about twisting things.
    I hope you like it a lot: you have to like it enough to make up for the 80% of us who hate it.
    09-26-15 12:56 AM
    You should say "we have a slider BlackBerry running on Android". Most people are literate and can read the name on the phone on display.
    Most people will see the name BlackBerry and run. So much negativity tied to it.

Posted via Z30
    09-26-15 07:39 AM
    It was suppose to be Peeve. And I am not even going to suggest it should be Pizz ....
    09-26-15 11:13 AM
    Most people will see the name BlackBerry and run. So much negativity tied to it.

Posted via Z30
    Funny enough, since all this while I haven't seen any BB in the wild and lo and behold I saw 2 classics at different construction sites. Ironically one person switched from iPhone because of the PKB and the other guy switched from Android for similar reason. So people don't run from the name BlackBerry. BlackBerry's achilles heel was lack of apps and that is now resolved with Android OS.
    Anyway, time will tell.
    09-26-15 04:25 PM
    Lol this is true.

More than comeback, this is their �im fukin desperate do or die� device.

They are ready to ditch BlackBerry10 even, if this works

Posted via CB10
    We all thought the Passport was that device loll

How many more devices before they call it quits.

This surely must be their last one loll.

I also think their legacy users are a lost hope - if the Classic didn't work, Android sure as hell won't!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 05:23 PM
    Funny enough, since all this while I haven't seen any BB in the wild and lo and behold I saw 2 classics at different construction sites. Ironically one person switched from iPhone because of the PKB and the other guy switched from Android for similar reason. So people don't run from the name BlackBerry. BlackBerry's achilles heel was lack of apps and that is now resolved with Android OS.
    Anyway, time will tell.
    Your about in left field, but good luck. I'm in DC and and see this stuff daily and how third party vendors trash the brand and talk to the security experts with the organization and they clearly don't think like you do and likely have sway over way more devices than you do, but continue to make yourself and your opinion seem more important than they are!

Posted via Z30
    09-26-15 06:21 PM
    Maybe you're still in the "Anger" phase, but until there's an official announcement, don't expect any media coverage, and there has been plenty of mention of it, almost all of it positive (aside from the cynical 'too little too late' type comments)... and I don't know where you're looking i.e. do you expect Dr. Phil and your favourite FM afternoon drive-home radio show to mention it in passing?

No, go make yourself a cocktail and calm down... you may have good reason to repost this in 2 months, but you're a bit... 'priv-mature' here.
    @ months? You've got to be kidding! I've seen more iPhone 6s commercials in the last three days than I've seen BB commercials in 3 yrs. What do I expect? From BB, nothing. What would be nice is to see a BB commercial during a ball game, A race, The Walking Dead, Hell, even one during The View would be better than what they have
    09-26-15 07:36 PM
139 ... 3456