09-25-15 07:59 AM
    Its the total sum of both CB & Android forums) survey/polling that will give us some sort of meaningful representation; kinda like hearing from two opposite sides before forming an opinion.
    Well, as I said--I'd be interested in hearing the result of that poll, but somehow I doubt that they're gonna love the name.

KAM
    09-25-15 08:05 AM
    What a sh1tty name. (And I am not even trying to be funny.)

The Inquirer probably would not have written about it at all if it couldn't have spun it like that, though.
    09-25-15 08:06 AM
    What a sh1tty name. (And I am not even trying to be funny.)

The Inquirer probably would not have written about it at all if it couldn't have spun it like that, though.
    GREAT PUBLICITY!!!! And heaven knows BlackBerry needs the publicity whether good or bad. Awareness can never hurt.
    09-25-15 08:24 AM
    Well, as I said--I'd be interested in hearing the result of that poll, but somehow I doubt that they're gonna love the name.

KAM
    And you may be right, but at least it will be a fair assessment.
    09-25-15 08:25 AM
    Thank you. Glad someone is reporting on this train wreck. Chen is an embarrassment.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2639 / T-Mobile USA
    09-25-15 08:31 AM
    And you may be right, but at least it will be a fair assessment.
    It will be a broader assessment. Not sure there is anything unfair about polling CrackBerry users. Of course, how many of us are actually Android users at this point anyway?

KAM
    09-25-15 08:31 AM
    Thank you. Glad someone is reporting on this train wreck. Chen is an embarrassment.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2639 / T-Mobile USA
    It's like a nightmare playing out in real life in front of my eyes.

Just another stupid unforced error, and BEGGING people to make you into a Joke.

KAM
    Doggerz likes this.
    09-25-15 08:33 AM
    It's like a nightmare playing out in real life in front of my eyes.

Just another stupid unforced error, and BEGGING people to make you into a Joke.

KAM
    This is where I beg to disagree. Won't you agree that 800,000 units sold was pathetic and that the "red flag" is very on that the BB boat is leaking profusely? At this trajectory, only certain death awaits BB device making and it will be lose lose for all parties; but pivoting to Android OS will only displease some of the existing customers while seriously attempting to woo new potential customers in the Android land. I'd rather BlackBerry live for another day.
    09-25-15 08:46 AM
    This is where I beg to disagree. Won't you agree that 800,000 units sold was pathetic and that the "red flag" is very on that the BB boat is leaking profusely? At this trajectory, only certain death awaits BB device making and it will be lose lose for all parties; but pivoting to Android OS will only displease some of the existing customers while seriously attempting to woo new potential customers in the Android land. I'd rather BlackBerry live for another day.
    No doubt they can't keep doing what they are doing. I just don't think that it was impossible to take a different route to improvement.

If BlackBerry Lives as Android, personally as a consumer I don't care one way or the other, because I don't want to use Android. For me, we've now arrived at the end, or at least that seems likely. I'll probably ride BB10 to its inevitable end, which Chen is claiming isn't imminent.

So, the mindset that puts apps above core functionality has won.

I've no reason to remain loyal to Blackberry--they sure as heck are proving that they're not loyal to me, not that I expected they should be.

KAM
    Doggerz likes this.
    09-25-15 09:13 AM
    No doubt they can't keep doing what they are doing. I just don't think that it was impossible to take a different route to improvement.

If BlackBerry Lives as Android, personally as a consumer I don't care one way or the other, because I don't want to use Android. For me, we've now arrived at the end, or at least that seems likely. I'll probably ride BB10 to its inevitable end, which Chen is claiming isn't imminent.

So, the mindset that puts apps above core functionality has won.

I've no reason to remain loyal to Blackberry--they sure as heck are proving that they're not loyal to me, not that I expected they should be.

KAM
    You are covered because BlackBerry will continue to innovate and service the BB10 OS, Although at a very slower pace IMHO. Chen has stated so a few times today.
    09-25-15 09:17 AM
    You are covered because BlackBerry will continue to innovate and service the BB10 OS, Although at a very slower pace IMHO. Chen has stated so a few times today.
    Yeah, that's the sort of thing you say to make people like me feel a little better for a little while. Unless there are devices coming along, then it's just a somewhat slower fall. I personally have around a 1.5 to 2.5 year cycle in terms of devices (usually), and I got a Passport SE on a leap of Faith.
    I'm not sorry I did, because it might be the last actual BlackBerry phone ever made (maybe not). By ACTUAL BlackBerry phone I mean one that has a BlackBerry operating system and BlackBerry Hardware.

KAM
    09-25-15 09:23 AM
    Meh, the iPad faced worse when it was announced

It even inspired skits on SNL.

This "inquierer" article amounts to nothing lol

Move along

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-25-15 09:43 AM
    What people don't realize is that half of the active CB members have stocks with BBRY, and they just want to maximize their investments. I get that everyone is complaining, I'm annoyed too, but when you have your own hard earned money being screwed with because the company is having a midlife crisis, people can get whiny.
    09-25-15 09:44 AM
    Meh, the iPad faced worse when it was announced

It even inspired skits on SNL.

This "inquierer" article amounts to nothing lol

Move along

Posted via CB10
    You can rest assured, no one will care enough to make this into an SNL skit, so we've got nothing to worry about there.

KAM
    09-25-15 09:49 AM
    But there is nothing to a name!!!!!! People here say so!!!!!

Posted via Z30
    09-25-15 10:13 AM
    Yeah, that's the sort of thing you say to make people like me feel a little better for a little while. Unless there are devices coming along, then it's just a somewhat slower fall. I personally have around a 1.5 to 2.5 year cycle in terms of devices (usually), and I got a Passport SE on a leap of Faith.
    I'm not sorry I did, because it might be the last actual BlackBerry phone ever made (maybe not). By ACTUAL BlackBerry phone I mean one that has a BlackBerry operating system and BlackBerry Hardware.

KAM
    Hope you are enjoying your PP SE, cause I'm seriously rocking mine. I can't wait to have the Passport SE + Priv combo; interchanging them for work and pleasure as I please.
    KAM1138 likes this.
    09-25-15 10:17 AM
    Hope you are enjoying your PP SE, cause I'm seriously rocking mine. I can't wait to have the Passport SE + Priv combo; interchanging them for work and pleasure as I please.
    Yes, I'm enjoying the Passport SE quite a lot. I still have my Z10, which I plan to use when I need to run a little bit lighter.
    But for whatever reason I never really considered running both the Passport and Priv...I'd have to think about whether that would make sense for me.

An idea I toyed with a while back was getting an affordable Android Tablet (can get them for $150 or less) for any of the app desires I might have. I actually have an iPad. There were some things I wanted to use it for that were not available except on iOS, but I DESPISE it, and consider it one of the worst buys I've ever made--so overpriced, and just a technologically simplistic piece of trash.

All that said--it is POSSIBLE that once I get my hands on a Priv (if anyone carries them in store) and I see the Blackberry features that it might click with me. I'm not too optimistic about that, but perhaps. I am pretty curious and eager to try out things, and in this case, it MIGHT be a default option whether I like it or not.

OR, maybe Windows phone.

KAM
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-25-15 10:25 AM
    I hated the name at first but I'm over it! It's just a name, it's not going to have any impact on the performance of the phone. I'll be getting one the day it's released!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 10:44 AM
    Don't care what they call it but BlackBerry Guardian sounds good to me.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 10:53 AM
    Yes, I'm enjoying the Passport SE quite a lot. I still have my Z10, which I plan to use when I need to run a little bit lighter.
    But for whatever reason I never really considered running both the Passport and Priv...I'd have to think about whether that would make sense for me.

An idea I toyed with a while back was getting an affordable Android Tablet (can get them for $150 or less) for any of the app desires I might have. I actually have an iPad. There were some things I wanted to use it for that were not available except on iOS, but I DESPISE it, and consider it one of the worst buys I've ever made--so overpriced, and just a technologically simplistic piece of trash.

All that said--it is POSSIBLE that once I get my hands on a Priv (if anyone carries them in store) and I see the Blackberry features that it might click with me. I'm not too optimistic about that, but perhaps. I am pretty curious and eager to try out things, and in this case, it MIGHT be a default option whether I like it or not.

OR, maybe Windows phone.

KAM
    Whatever things BlackBerry does best - productivity and messaging - iOS and Android falls short by a wide margin. Windows is even worse. It's worse off with productivity and also lacks the apps. Smart choice there lol.

BlackBerry 10 will no doubt still be superior to all in this area, but assuming BlackBerry 10 will die out (which it won't), android by BlackBerry will be superior to anything available.

Not sure how people don't see that.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 10:56 AM
    Whatever things BlackBerry does best - productivity and messaging - iOS and Android falls short by a wide margin. Windows is even worse. It's worse at messaging and productivity and it doesn't even have the apps.

BlackBerry 10 will no doubt still be superior to all in this area, but assuming BlackBerry 10 will die out (which it won't), android by BlackBerry will be superior to anything available.

Posted via CB10
    Double post

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 10:58 AM
    Whatever things BlackBerry does best - productivity and messaging - iOS and Android falls short by a wide margin. Windows is even worse.

Posted via CB10
    Because BlackBerry won't commit to making it successful. This will be another throw it over the wall and hope people's image of BlackBerry changes. The brand is garbage, no one is going to go to the carrier stores asking for BlackBerry or the Toilet, I mean Priv. If they didn't have the resources to make their own OS successful, then how will they make this device successful? Unless Google helps them market it, they will do no better.

Posted via Z30
    KAM1138 likes this.
    09-25-15 11:00 AM
    Whatever things BlackBerry does best - productivity and messaging - iOS and Android falls short by a wide margin. Windows is even worse. It's worse off with productivity and also lacks the apps. Smart choice there lol.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I haven't used Windows Phone, so I don't know how I'd like it or not. What I do know is that I hate iOS, and my experience with Android (although a bit old) was not favorable either.

So, my CHOICE is to keep the actual productive BB10 that I've got, but it seems likely at some point I'll be forced out of that. Is Windows Phone a worse choice overall than iOS or Android? I don't know, and you sure as hell don't know what works or doesn't work for me overall.

What is true is that I'm forced out of BB10 (eventually), that I'll be taking a step down from things that I value today, so I'll have to reevaluate everything across the board.

Android By Blackberry will be superior? And you don't see how people don't see that. Well, that's because we really have no hands-on experience to see how it will work for us. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. You have no idea what features really click for me, or what makes or breaks the experience.

Whatever the case, it will be a step down to inferior technology and experience (for me), so yeah, great Job BlackBerry.

KAM
    09-25-15 11:14 AM
    The name grew on me. I live it!

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    09-25-15 11:15 AM
139 ... 23456