It is not just the priv, nobody I know even knows about BB10 and I had to explain it to them when I had my Passport and Z30. When they see a Z10/Z30/PP etc they just assume it is like the 97XX models running BB7
    yep know what you mean ive been told many times that they didbt know blackberry was still around never mind making phones so so sad
    02-09-16 03:32 PM
    My girlfriend, mom, sister all have an Android phone now. They had a Z10 but BlackBerry doesnt have a good alternative for now. End of this year i will decide which phone i am gonna buy.

Posted via CB10
    Umm. The better alternative is the Priv.

Posted from my Priv
    02-09-16 03:44 PM
    Same as getting members(me included) hyped for a new BlackBerry device on the forums for years......and the launch date was months (and months) down the road.
    In my case I was glad for the leaks about Priv well in advance on CB instead of right before it was released. Therefore I held out with my old LG phone until it came available. The 3 reasons I wanted a Priv instead of a BB10 phone were the need I had for certain apps, the large screen on the Priv along with the PKB, and the Priv's camera.
    02-09-16 03:47 PM
    First off, "Priv" is a ridiculous name.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    will308 likes this.
    02-09-16 09:01 PM
    It's been the end for BlackBerry for the past ten years just enjoy it ! It works from legacy to bb10 to BlackBerry/android they all work so pick one and stick with it and forget all the rumors and gossip and live life happy with You get what you get and you don't get upset! Passport SE Leap z30 q10 q5 priv and the rest of the dead phones coming ! I'm still thinking of adding a z10 red Passport blue classic and P9983 but they are all in the back of the mind for now

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by dave gomez; 02-10-16 at 05:58 AM.
    02-09-16 09:28 PM
    BlackBerry has always been notoriously bad at marketing. It makes great phones, with awesome features (as well as Gateways and bluetooth speakers) but don't advertize. At a loss for words.

Posted via Classic
    02-09-16 09:41 PM
    One of the big mysteries of the BlackBerry sales model.
    They produce (mostly) great devices.
    Then they don't tell anyone, do almost no marketing nor advertising.
    Despite everybody raising that flag over and over again, at each and every product 'launch', they repeat that 'strategy' as if nothing has happened.
    Then the big katzenjammer begins of why nobody knows there are great BlackBerry products, and not a lot of people buy them.
    The reaction is to fire people, save more money, close shops.
    There seems to be nobody in this company thinking revolutionary things like 'hey, what we have not tried out yet is to run really impressive marketing and advertising campaigns! Shouldn't we give it a try?'

It's really not understandable how this company functions. They continue to ignore the most basic rules of how to successfully bring a new product to the market.
    That is true of BlackBerry under John Chen, not before.
    The first VP to go when Chen arrived was the marketing one.
    There was marketing during Hines' tenure and before Hines.
    He wants to kill BlackBerry. I said that when he was hired.
    He is doing his best. He is almost there.
    02-10-16 01:34 AM
    Spotted a PRIV ad on TV last night during the Leafs game... on the boards at the ACC. Hilarious.

It's all about the marketing, is priv the final Blackberry?-priv-ad.jpg
    03-04-16 09:13 AM
33 12