Recently, I've been having some issues connecting to bluetooth speakers. Have had issues with a new Jeep rent a car stereo, one of my Amazon Echo's, and a Kinovo bluetooth speaker for my 2008 Chevy. Ironically, haven't had any issues on 2 of my Echo Dots, and to my bluetooth headphones.

Basically, every few seconds the audio skips around. I've cleared the cache, removed then repaired the bluetooth speakers. I haven't been able to find the issue. Anyone else had issues with Bluetooth audio playback?
    12-13-16 10:55 PM
    Same here. After the last update bluetooth connection is somewhat flawed.
    12-13-16 11:11 PM
    I don't know which update for you is the "last", but try the 10.3.3.1435 update. That appears to have fixed many BT problems.
    12-19-16 12:50 PM
    I don't know which update for you is the "last", but try the 10.3.3.1435 update. That appears to have fixed many BT problems.
    Was talking about Priv
    12-19-16 01:17 PM
    I got the bluetooth to car connection failed issue too. My PRIV was brand new only for about 3 weeks. It seems better at day one then worst after few Hub+ service update. No matter it's Nov or Dec security update.
    My problem is it failed to reconnect the car again every time I return. Had to close the bluetooth and re-start the bluetooth.
    ardakca likes this.
    12-19-16 02:27 PM
    Had issues with old T-Mobile marshmallow update where Bluetooth would skip, was fixed in the next patch or two
    12-19-16 03:08 PM
    I have been experiencing this for about 2 weeks or longer. I have a Bluetooth speaker I frequently play music from and have never had an issue from IPhone 4 - 7. Also haven't seen issues on Passport. With the Priv the audio cuts out every other word, it's very frustrating its having issues with such a simple task. In many types of cars the Bluetooth connection will drop continuously. As far as the speaker I've placed the phone right next to it with better results. Based on proximity to other devices it seems the Priv has issues canceling out interference. With car Bluetooth I'm at a loss, hadn't had time to test out on December update but I hope one comes along that will resolve it. Love the phone and but it's pretty annoying not being able to play a single song problem free.
    12-19-16 04:52 PM
    My Priv has been like that ever since I got it three months ago. From what I understand it's a common issue with Android devices.
    12-19-16 05:02 PM
    From what others have posted elsewhere on the internets, most seem to have problems when their music is on a sdcard. I had the same issue and I moved the common music I listened to onto the priv's memory and the skipping went away

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 05:41 PM
    I deleted all music files on the SD card and still the same. So I turn the BT off on the phone when leaving the car and turn on after starting the engine. It's the only smartphone got this BT issue so far.
    So noticed it's the same issue for BT headset also.
    12-20-16 12:20 PM
    I deleted all music files on the SD card and still the same. So I turn the BT off on the phone when leaving the car and turn on after starting the engine. It's the only smartphone got this BT issue so far.
    So noticed it's the same issue for BT headset also.
    Do you have any battery monitoring app or power saving app that might be turning off BT?
    12-20-16 02:49 PM
    I have exact same issue with my car plus volume control gets out of hand with the BT speakers I have home. BlackBerry needs to debug this issue since none existed before the update.
    12-20-16 10:06 PM
    I didn't install any battery monitoring app or power saving app.
    12-21-16 08:48 AM
    Since the December update my PRIV forgets all of my Bluetooth devices periodically. I am constantly having to reconnect it to my truck and have to reconnect to my wireless headphones pretty much on a daily basis. Annoying!
    Petabytes likes this.
    12-21-16 11:59 AM
    Fortunately, my BT seems to remain paired with my car (Subaru) and using the Smartlock feature, it knows it is connected to my cordless BT landline phone.
    12-21-16 12:39 PM
    Is it related to the Bluetooth version compatibility issue? The PRIV is running version 4.1. Both my car and headset were several years ago so might be running version 2.0 or older.
    Just try to disable the Optimizing Battery Use for the Bluetooth Share app & Bluetooth MIDI Service app at Battery setting. See how's it affected.
    12-21-16 02:45 PM
    From what others have posted elsewhere on the internets, most seem to have problems when their music is on a sdcard. I had the same issue and I moved the common music I listened to onto the priv's memory and the skipping went away

Posted via CB10
    Perfectly correct and your answer is the same regardless of handset. Sdcards are designed to store file externally thus leaving the core storage for operating system apps and activities usage. The sdcard initially was only capable of being accessed directly by apps installed on the phone and only in recent years has it been made firstly capable of storing apps and then made capable of streaming data to external devices via B/T and WiFi.

The Priv only has 1.98Gb of memory and if you think about it that's quite a large task to ask from such a small amount of memory as it has to:

Access the music app
    Access the sdcard for the music data
    Stream the data to the music app on the phone
    Run B/T
    Connect to the external device and store the devices settings
    Stream the music data to the external device via the B/T app

And all this whilst keeping you connected to WiFi, keeping you connected to your air time providers network, monitoring and processing incoming and outgoing calls, texts and data and showing you pretty pictures on the screen? Not bad for such a little guy?

I always keep any essential apps and their corresponding data on the handset as the current sdcard access software that performs the tasks you require is not fully developed yet. Its nearly there but you can still expect to have glitches for the foreseeable future.

...................time for a large brandy I think.................. HALFRED..............!
    Wezard likes this.
    12-21-16 03:30 PM
    The fix that I have found the times it starts doing the skipping thing is simply turning Bluetooth off and right back on. So far I've had to do this 3 times and it's fixed it all 3 times. Temporary solution at least.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-22-16 06:09 AM
    Permanent solution is having music app and music data stored on handset?
    12-22-16 09:40 AM
    Bluetooth 5 specs / standards were released earlier this month, should go a long way towards remedying some of these issues.
    Not that it's any help to existing devices, just thought I'd throw it out here.
    12-22-16 10:39 AM
    Bluetooth 5 specs / standards were released earlier this month, should go a long way towards remedying some of these issues.
    Not that it's any help to existing devices, just thought I'd throw it out here.
    I give up!
    12-22-16 12:44 PM
    I give up!
    What!? What did I do wrong?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-22-16 01:22 PM
    Permanent solution is having music app and music data stored on handset?
    That doesn't resolve the stuttering I get when connecting to BT speakers I have around my home.

I don't have any of my streaming apps stored on my SD card and yet the music stutters consistently.
    12-24-16 08:34 PM
    That doesn't resolve the stuttering I get when connecting to BT speakers I have around my home.

I don't have any of my streaming apps stored on my SD card and yet the music stutters consistently.
    But do you have the music data stored on your sd card?
    12-27-16 07:12 AM

It also depends upon the quality of the BT speakers as well? I have absolutely no problems streaming music from either my Priv or surface pro3 to my Bose BT speakers, Bose TV sound system or my Amazon Echo. I also stream music to them from my old BB 64Gb Playbook!
    12-27-16 07:17 AM
30 12