I am having an issue using Tidal on my Priv. I use offline mode on Tidal so I don't use all my cellular data and battery life streaming. In the last week or two, if I try to play offline content over Bluetooth, it will play the first two seconds of the song and then stop. If I stream content over cellular or wifi through Bluetooth, it works fine. If I play offline content through the headphone jack or the phone's internal speaker, it works fine. I've tried changing the storage of offline content from the SD card to internal memory, and that did not fix it. I also tried rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app, and that did not fix it. It seems to have started at about the same time when I updated to Marshmallow, but I'm not 100% sure if that's exactly when it started.

I tried contacting Tidal support but they were not helpful. If anyone can shed any light on this problem, I would really appreciate it.
    05-06-16 02:41 PM
    Do other music apps have the same issue?
    05-06-16 08:30 PM
    Do other music apps have the same issue?
    No, just Tidal.
    05-09-16 10:41 PM
    No, just Tidal.
    I've checked this out further and my original impressions were wrong. The problem is streaming lossless music, not just Tidal. If I try to play lossless music using Tidal, or lossless FLAC files using Blackplayer or Google Music, the same thing happens. The song plays for about two seconds and stops. On the BlackBerry Support Forums, someone suggested using VLC, so I tried that and found that it works fine!

Somehow the update to Marshmallow killed the ability for certain apps to stream lossless audio over Bluetooth. Is anyone else having this problem?
    05-27-16 09:18 AM
    I've checked this out further and my original impressions were wrong. The problem is streaming lossless music, not just Tidal. If I try to play lossless music using Tidal, or lossless FLAC files using Blackplayer or Google Music, the same thing happens. The song plays for about two seconds and stops. On the BlackBerry Support Forums, someone suggested using VLC, so I tried that and found that it works fine!

Somehow the update to Marshmallow killed the ability for certain apps to stream lossless audio over Bluetooth. Is anyone else having this problem?
    MM update has some Bluetooth issues, I believe BlackBerry is aware of it and will probably push a fix.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-27-16 12:09 PM
    Grr, so frustrated by this. Regret updating to MM as always listen to lossless in car through tidal. Have to revert to using my iPhone now. Any idea when this will be fixed?
    05-31-16 12:24 AM
    According to an article by Bla1ze on the front page of CB some users are receiving the June Beta of Marshmallow, build AAF153, which, according to the change log, fixes a lot of BT issues.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � 10.3.2.2878 with 2814 Radio
    05-31-16 04:26 AM
    I don't use tidal, but if I do stream a 2-3 hour radio stream every day, and I typically have the same issue. Have to restart it a few times.

What I do after the stream freezes is clear cache.

looking to buy your broken Priv...
    05-31-16 05:22 AM
    Anybody aware of a fix to this issue? I'm not able to use Tidal directly and have to resort to USB Audio player Pro which I would normally use only for my external DAC. Tidal through USB APP works perfectly, but craps out in Tidal. The stream keeps restarting.
    12-12-16 11:30 PM
    An update to this...beyomd not being able to stream, if you leave the Tidal stream to restart as few times eventually the Mediaservice service will go on a fritz and start ducking down battery like there's no tomorrow. Restart fixes this issue, but still, another related bug that needs a fix.
    12-20-16 11:45 PM
    An update to this...beyomd not being able to stream, if you leave the Tidal stream to restart as few times eventually the Mediaservice service will go on a fritz and start ducking down battery like there's no tomorrow. Restart fixes this issue, but still, another related bug that needs a fix.
    I purchased apogee groove and decided to upgrade to tidal hifi just to have this ****ery happen too.
    01-18-17 12:16 AM
    Strange. Now it is working. The problem was happening using tidal lossless streaming on shaw WiFi network using USB dac/amp by audioquest or apogee. The stream would restart after a few seconds. I knew that it would play through the phone's speakers as I tested that before. This morning I decided to plug my headphones direct into the priv and it played back without issue. I connected through the apogee groove again and now it's playing back without issue. Bring back BlackBerry 10 cause android truly sucks in comparison.
    01-18-17 10:30 AM
    I"m reviving this old thread as I am experiencing the same or a similar problem with Tidal and a Tidal support is very unhelpful, essentially just replying that BlackBerry is not supported.

When I play a song (in HiFI mode) to an external dac connected to the Priv via usb OTG, the song restarts a couple of times during the first few seconds. Eventually it plays fine after hitting play a couple of times for the remainder of the song. When the next song starts, the same issue happens again.
    This is not related to WLAN speeds as it also happens with offline (downloaded) songs.
    Playing the songs through the internal speaker works fine.
    The problem is also not related to the external dac (CEntrance Dacport or IBasso DX90), as the Priv works fine with these when using Amazon Music streaming or when playing songs from sd card using Hiby Music app or Onkyo HF Player app.
    07-25-17 04:25 PM