Hi to all and maybe a short warning,

i just installed the January update as my unlocked Priv (with German Telekom card) suggested.

Installation was smooth but after the following reboot my Priv just showed the "Blackberry - powered by Android" screen followed by an error screen (see attached picture - German "Fehler" = "Error").

It keeps on cycling through this and always ends up in the error screen.

I�m hard resetting my Priv now via volume up/down button for 10 secs.

EDIT: Hard reset brought it back to life - all apps and data are still in place!

Cheers

Mikka
    Attached Thumbnails Issue [and solution]: January update ends up in rebooting Priv with "Error" Android logo-img_6182.jpg  
    01-04-16 09:26 AM
    ...so, hard reset works ?
    01-04-16 09:30 AM
    Maybe try that autoloader kicking around here..
    01-04-16 09:32 AM
    hard reset is just done - yes looks good again. phew ...
    bluetroll and mkiiw like this.
    01-04-16 09:32 AM
    I feel bad for all the Priv owners that are not on these forums and experience this. This being a monthly update makes me feel worse for the many that will experience this more than once...
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    01-04-16 10:04 AM
    Title tweaked to reflect the solution.
    Mikkapikka likes this.
    01-04-16 10:53 AM
    I feel bad for all the Priv owners that are not on these forums and experience this. This being a monthly update makes me feel worse for the many that will experience this more than once...
    These security updates have to be flawlessly executed because the typical smartphone user is not technically adept.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    01-04-16 04:24 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me since installing the JAnuary update. Except after the dead Android guy with the error message, I get the bootloader menu now. I tried holding vol up and vol down for 10 seconds but nothing happens. How exactly did you hard reset it?

Thanks a lot.
    01-04-16 08:03 PM
    Hold it for 32 secs
    01-04-16 08:13 PM
    I thought a hard reset was holding the power button down for 32 seconds, or something like that. First I've heard of Vol Up, Down together.

Somebody needs to get all this stuff together in one place, easy to find.
    01-04-16 08:14 PM
    Hold it for 32 secs
    That's not a hard reset, more like a force shutdown.

Hard reset is going through recovery and wiping everything...
    01-04-16 08:15 PM
    So what exactly is the Vol Up Down? Does it wipe everything?
    And again, we need all this stuff in one place, (and not 7 pages of one place).
    01-04-16 08:18 PM
    I googled for "blackberry priv hard reset" and found the described button solution at devicereset.com/how-to-hard-reset-blackberry-priv/ .

This worked for me without wiping the device.

Sorry as i�m not allowed to post links here yet ...
    01-05-16 02:28 AM
    Didnt work for me Guess it's fried. Did you do the button press while at the dead android guy or during the bootloader that inevitably shows up?
    01-05-16 05:04 AM
    Hi Bloog,

yes i did the (two-) button press while at the dead android guy.

Had to do it again today since a reboot of the Priv ended again in the dead android logo.

Very annoying!
    01-05-16 06:32 AM
    I had the same issue and just reset the device did the trick

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-05-16 07:15 AM
    boy this is just terrible a simple update and the thing goes haywire what next ?
    01-05-16 09:57 PM
    You guys having problems after update - next time try not doing the update till you are in Good WiFi coverage, or Good cellular coverage without WiFi, and stay there till the update is 100% complete, including the app updates.

Just a guess - And before everybody starts jumping in, I agree with you, you shouldn't have to do that.
    01-06-16 08:42 AM
    its crazy i havent been able to reset it out. An update basically fried my phone.
    01-06-16 09:04 PM
    Guys.. Self discipline is needed with updates. Always back up your device entirely first before doing big updates. BlackBerry even specifically says so when they push updates to the Priv to my knowledge. Risks like in the case of the OP can be prevented and gives ease of mind if unexpected bugs come up. Luckily this was pretty straightforward in terms of a suitable solution.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2876) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    01-06-16 09:11 PM
    its crazy i havent been able to reset it out. An update basically fried my phone.
    send it back to bb tell them to figure it out its unreal that a simple ota update puts the phone into recovery and on top some people cant get it fixed
    01-07-16 09:09 AM
    So after all of this, does anyone able to get the Feb update? Or we are stuck here with this old software build forever?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-11-16 12:56 PM
    im getting error message while updating feb update.. any solutions? and getting the same error message when i turn of the device and press power + volume up buttons together.. any one facing the same issue?
    02-18-16 11:03 AM
    how did u hardreset the device? is the update sucessfully installed?
    02-19-16 09:42 AM
    I hate to say, after 1 month out for repair....i got it back and updated it again and it has died in the exact same manner again. I am beyond irritated. Hopefully you have better luck. I unlocked the phone. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it but I'm sure im not the first guy to unlock a priv and try to update it.
    02-20-16 08:49 PM