No need to attack OP guys. While it may not have been their intention to attack BlackBerry, there has in fact been a hardware vs software debate going on with BlackBerry.

What is misleading about the ad is Foxconn in fact has had a hand in making both BlackBerry and iPhone (as well as Playstation 4, X Box One).

Posted with my  Classic
    See... I did not know that.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 04:53 AM
    Never thought I'd get attacked in a post in such a way. As a strong BlackBerry supporter, I'm astonished.

Bla1ze... please remove this post, if you are able. I wish not to be associated to it. Very disappointed in a reaction I thought would have brought people to see the Comercial the way I did. At least BOURNE saw what I was trying to say.

Ever since BlackBerry had been fighting it's way back, these posts have become a haven of aggressive behavior.

Posted via CB10
    JAS0NB0URNE likes this.
    08-12-15 04:59 AM
    I am sure with blackberries 0.3% market share, apple ad dept is pulling there hair out trying to figure out how to stop the bleeding, the ad was aimed at there fanboys
    08-12-15 07:29 AM
    I really don't see that as a direct shot at BlackBerry. It could be aimed at a lot of different companies that outsource their production. But what I find strange is the "and built by Apple" part of that sentence. Apple has been outsourcing their iphone production for years now.
    It can still be considered built by a company even if they are directing the manufacturing via a third party. For Apple and Blackberry (currently) both control the complete production of their devices . Android devices can't claim this (except Google Nexus devices)
    lift likes this.
    08-12-15 07:41 AM
    Never thought I'd get attacked in a post in such a way. As a strong BlackBerry supporter, I'm astonished.

Bla1ze... please remove this post, if you are able. I wish not to be associated to it. Very disappointed in a reaction I thought would have brought people to see the Comercial the way I did. At least BOURNE saw what I was trying to say.

Ever since BlackBerry had been fighting it's way back, these posts have become a haven of aggressive behavior.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has been fighting their way.... continually down. There is no "back". Yes this is a fan site and yes eight years ago it was common to poke fun a Apple and their silly little toys. Still remember Kevin and is crap-pad photo shoot.... (eating crow is soo hard when you do things like that)

But most long term fans have grown very frustrated with the company, and they realize that Apple's little toys or Android's little robots have gotten a number of things right. Half the people here have one of these devices... either as a backup, or their primary device. So yea it has gotten hard to poke fun at these competitors... especially when you don't give any indication you are kidding.

emojis help a LOT.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-12-15 07:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    I saw the commercial last night and thought the same thing. I guess that makes me a iSheep. It's an honest discussion with no need for everyone to get ridiculous with their comments. These forums are getting out of hand with the redundant John Chen must go and attacking people for simple threads.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    JAS0NB0URNE likes this.
    08-12-15 07:44 AM
    Apple taking the time to make an ad that slaps BlackBerry would probably be the most positive advertising BlackBerry has had in years.

Realistically, Apple probably forgot that BlackBerry exists around the same time that Steve Jobs said:

We’ve now passed RIM. And I don’t see them catching up with us in the foreseeable future.
    Looking back on that comment, five years later, it is clear to see that Jobs was 100% correct. In the smartphone world, Apple competes with Android the other platforms are irrelevant.
    08-12-15 07:56 AM
    Hahaha my God, are you being serious OP?

It rained today....obviously a dig at BlackBerry.
    The sign for the apples at the local supermarket say 'best fruit in the UK' - obviously a dig at BlackBerry.
    Cynycl, MO3iusONE and btj like this.
    08-12-15 08:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    OP, no need to be hyper-sensitive; maybe you were too presumptuous with your interpretation of the Apple commercial.
    Blacklatino, lift and Cynycl like this.
    08-12-15 08:23 AM
    Only an iDork would post this nonsense.

Posted via Z10
    ...good lord.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    08-12-15 08:36 AM
    it doesn't talk about being built by apple. apple is just saying their hardware is designed to work with their software.. unlike android and windows that can be put on any manufactured phone. or HTC, Samsung or Nokia that isnt really designed for a specific OS. so its actually a really clever commercial.. so yes.. as Blaze said, typical Apple.. they do marketing well.

Apple didnt even think of BlackBerry in this commercial.. BlackBerry is an ant for this Elephant.
    reeneebob and 21stNow like this.
    08-12-15 08:42 AM
    No offense intended, OP. Some are simply poking at you for the conspiracy theory, IMO.....nothing life threatening or meant to be personal...with a few exceptions. I have read a lot worse- trust me. Also, your thread is no better or worse than any other thread(s) that are posted daily. You have a right to state your opinion, but, that doesn't mean others are going to agree.....especially on a public forum. As an example, another thread was recently started about spending additional dollars to help support BlackBerry, when - in fact, we already are/ have been continually supporting BlackBerry......by "owning" and utilizing our BlackBerry. Anyway, no harm, and no foul.
    08-12-15 08:46 AM
    ...good lord.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Yeah, that one was over the top.
    reeneebob likes this.
    08-12-15 08:50 AM
    I'm pretty sure that's not exactly what it said anyway.

I hope that this isn't the ad that the OP is referring to. Clearly, "we built" and "we designed" are two totally different things. I didn't think that there was any confusion about Apple designing the iPhone and Foxconn (and/or others) building the iPhone.
    Cynycl likes this.
    08-12-15 10:48 AM
    No matter what Apple claims, everything make in China anyway even though iPhone user/Apple don't want to admit.
    08-12-15 10:59 AM
    No matter what Apple claims, everything make in China anyway even though iPhone user/Apple don't want to admit.
    And the components inside of your Blackberry are made were? Ohio? Texas? Waterloo...
    Cynycl likes this.
    08-12-15 11:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Try not to take the responses personally. The interweb is full of wack jobs waiting to unleash their misdirected anger. No shortage here at crackberry.
    08-12-15 11:43 AM
    How about at a misdirected thread.

If Apple offended your choice of device purchase with that ad, you are the one off on a tangent.

Tin foil is in isle 5

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    08-12-15 12:04 PM
    If its not an IPhone....... It's because I didn't want one.

Not because they insulted my self worth based on the purchase decision I made to feel special. It's a frickin phone FFS

08-12-15 12:05 PM
    There's a million legitimate reasons to crap on the other OS the Rimberry faithful hate and yet they still need to find invent offense where there is none.

This is why I love to come back here. The fantasy delusional world some folks live in is a source of great entertainment.

That.......... and some of the sane members crack me up on a regular basis.

Since I'm not here for the slider guess I should be here for the funnies

08-12-15 12:19 PM
    New iPhone Comercial brags about being designed and built by Apple. Obviously a dig at BlackBerry for going more software than hardware. It was for Telus.

Aimed at the Slider for sure

Posted via CB10
    If this is the commercial you were talking about, I didn't find any apple claims that they've built the hardware rather they've "designed" everything "to make the most" of both software & hardware "part".

08-12-15 01:19 PM
    I went to the shop this morning and they had no blackberry yogurt, the message is so obvious....
    btj likes this.
    08-12-15 03:35 PM
    Idork????? Wow.

The Comercial brags about being hardware-based that works well for the software it created. This, as they say, makes the phone better - in their eyes.

The post was to show that, I think, Apple is already getting the negative ad thing going.

Idork - proud z10 owner the day of launch... Tough guy. There's been a ton of conspiracy out there about a systematic approach to killing BlackBerry off. I thought, this could be another round. Paranoia or not.

Posted via CB10
    If the ad was aimed at a competitor, it was Android. Think about it.
    08-12-15 04:49 PM
    New iPhone Comercial brags about being designed and built by Apple. Obviously a dig at BlackBerry for going more software than hardware. It was for Telus.

Aimed at the Slider for sure

Posted via CB10
    This dude right here is the definition of paranoid. Share the Kurupt's moonrocks homie. Lol #puffpuffpass

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    08-12-15 04:59 PM
    Idork????? Wow.

The Comercial brags about being hardware-based that works well for the software it created. This, as they say, makes the phone better - in their eyes.

The post was to show that, I think, Apple is already getting the negative ad thing going.

Idork - proud z10 owner the day of launch... Tough guy. There's been a ton of conspiracy out there about a systematic approach to killing BlackBerry off. I thought, this could be another round. Paranoia or not.

Posted via CB10
    Do you really think Apple knows Blackberry even exists now? It's hard to see them doing negative marketing against a company with less than a 0.5% market share.
    08-12-15 06:07 PM
55 123